Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1350291690930761730

Are we talking Lucy on the far left ? in the video
    Lucy Ricketts vs. Jennifer Linde vs. Gautham Nagesh
    Last game with CBS Television Distribution banner.
    #8314, aired 2021-01-14 Lucy Ricketts vs. Brett Moore vs. Liz Fitting
    #8313, aired 2021-01-13 Lucy Ricketts vs. Josiah Jenkins vs. Cameron Whiteside
    #8312, aired 2021-01-12 Tanay Kothari vs. Dusty Smith vs. Lucy Ricketts

cool chick
    https://www.lucyrickettsillustration.com/about/
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Well this sucks: https://obits.reviewjournal.com/us/o...&pid=197750519

Great player. I'm going to assume suicide.

Just came here to post about that ^
    what a super bummer. RIP
    skid luxury

His high school quiz coach posted on LearnedLeague and mentioned he was "somewhat privy" to Brayden's health issues, so my assumption of suicide could be wrong--although depression certainly qualifies as a health concern...

Jeopardy doesn't even send your check until 120 days after your air date, so he wouldn't have even got that yet. I also heard this is now the third consecutive time that a Tournament of Champions qualifier will have died before the tourney starts.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    His high school quiz coach posted on LearnedLeague and mentioned he was "somewhat privy" to Brayden's health issues, so my assumption of suicide could be wrong--although depression certainly qualifies as a health concern...

Jeopardy doesn't even send your check until 120 days after your air date, so he wouldn't have even got that yet. I also heard this is now the third consecutive time that a Tournament of Champions qualifier will have died before the tourney starts.
    I recall another pancreatic cancer victim that passed away before the TOC too.

on a brighter note, I'm getting pretty used to Ken Jennings as host. I'm looking fwd to the others too, but feel pretty good about it if he gets the helm ultimately

It's only his, "Noooo" for a wrong answer that grates me. but I can get over it
    skid luxury

Some of the newer announced guest hosts could be a bit of a gimmick (some are doing it for a contribution to charity), but I wonder for a few selections- what are they thinking??

“Jeopardy!” has announced even more upcoming guest hosts to take over the podium for the late Alex Trebek, including Anderson Cooper, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Savannah Guthrie and Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

The four hosts will take the podium later this season after “Jeopardy!” champ Ken Jennings and other guest hosts, like Katie Couric, Aaron Rodgers, Bill Whitaker and Mayim Bialik. Executive producer Mike Richards will also take a turn hosting the beloved game show, which aired its final Trebek episode in January.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    It's only his, "Noooo" for a wrong answer that grates me. but I can get over it
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Some of the newer announced guest hosts could be a bit of a gimmick (some are doing it for a contribution to charity), but I wonder for a few selections- what are they thinking??
    Dr. Oz for example. I'm assuming his show is owned by Sony, just like Jeopardy otherwise I can't understand why they'd pick him. Such a quack.

I agree.

Dr. Oz for example. I'm assuming his show is owned by Sony, just like Jeopardy otherwise I can't understand why they'd pick him. Such a quack.
    Wonder if Aaron Rogers will have a wrist band sleeve and index cards with the material on it.

I'd like to see someone other than stereotypic smart people do it--Rogers is a step in the right direction. Someone with a sense of humor. Alex didn't know the answers until they told him. Like I said before--too bad Groucho is dead.

Ken had a great run. How do we feel about The Suit as the next guy ? He better have a sense of humor

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    Ken had a great run. How do we feel about The Suit as the next guy ? He better have a sense of humor
    I think he's done gameshow hosting before, so I'm sure he'll be at least okay. Sad to see Ken's hosting run end (at least for now). I think he did an admirable job.

the suit did well.
    the 10K daily double guy, not so much
    GNU ? who knew ?i

the suit did well.
    GNU ? who knew ?i
    Yeah, that 10k wager didn't work out so well.

the suit did well.
    GNU ? who knew ?i
    Ha, that was the only one in that category I got right. I'm really weak on the clues that involve word play.
    I like the new guy--more relaxed than Ken.

please tell me I am not the first in this thread to observe that thepenismighter
    "Can't you see..."

shitty part about the gnu guy is that that wager and a few more other clues after put him just outside of having a chance in final, like 500 short.
    Last edited by NBABUCKS1; 02-23-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    shitty part about the gnu guy is that that wager and a few more other clues but him just outside of having a chance in final, like 500 short.
    I couldn't believe he did that. I did the math before final and said there's no way he can win now and he was aware of it, pretty sure. I said , watch , sam is gonna bet very little just in case. I bet he knew the answer based on the smart ass answer and his bet.
    New host is legit. Those manicured eye brows , tho. Kind of an Anderson Cooper vibe going on there.
    Last edited by willywhit; 02-23-2021 at 01:07 PM.

I have not seen every one of the Dr. Oz guest hosting shows, but surprising not as bad as I thought when I read he was on the list. Each of the gust hosts so far have had a few things they of course did well at, but of course the 2 week stints may not be lone enough for someone to be a bit more comfortable.

I have not seen every one of the Dr. Oz guest hosting shows, but surprising not as bad as I thought when I read he was on the list. Each of the gust hosts so far have had a few things they of course did well at, but of course the 2 week stints may not be lone enough for someone to be a bit more comfortable.
    stoked for mr cooper and sanjay

I have not seen every one of the Dr. Oz guest hosting shows, but surprising not as bad as I thought when I read he was on the list.
    not a fan of his pop quackery but he's a fine J! host- the calls for boycotting it while he's hosting are a bit much imho. I actually sort of like his gruff "no"s when people get stuff wrong!

Oz has a voice suited for the show. He maintains a good pace and doesn't interject his thoughts too often. I like him the best so far.
    I can't wait to see how discount double check does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    not a fan of his pop quackery but he's a fine J! host- the calls for boycotting it while he's hosting are a bit much imho. I actually sort of like his gruff "no"s when people get stuff wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Oz has a voice suited for the show. He maintains a good pace and doesn't interject his thoughts too often. I like him the best so far.
    I can't wait to see how discount double check does.
    I kind of agree, voice is good, a few times he interjects a point or has some extraneous comment, but as I stated when I first read the list I though it was a lousy choice. Maybe it is the volume of Dr. Oz junk mail I get, but I doubt I'd ever enjoy his other show...

I'll be the dissenting view. I don't like his voice. I don't think he's been bad, but I think he's been the worst so far.

I'll be the dissenting view. I don't like his voice. I don't think he's been bad, but I think he's been the worst so far.
    Same here. The vocal fry--trying to lower his voice from it's natural register--is annoying.