Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    hope you Jeopardy fans watch today’s episode- there’s a special category for you
    Yes, and they were not easy answers and some that I felt extremely hard- and I would have not gotten... Skiing category for those that missed it.
    Last edited by RShea; 12-21-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Yes, and they were not easy answers and some that I felt extremely hard.- and I would have not gotten... Skiing category for those that missed it.
    it must have been my slumdog millionaire moment since I have been to every place in the category except for Andorra. but I also watch a lot of ski videos so I knew that one too
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    it must have been my slumdog millionaire moment since I have been to every place in the category except for Andorra. but I also watch a lot of ski videos so I knew that one too
    I was thinking Liechtenstein at first guess (but was not really super concentrating either as other things were going on around the house) and the other one I did not know was the Island in Japan- probably could have named a Japanese ski resort but did not know the island name.
    Last edited by RShea; 12-21-2021 at 02:41 PM.

I also guess Lichtenstein. I've never skied outside of the US. That category was embarrassing for me.. I was expecting "Chamonix".... "Hahnenkamm".. to be an answers somewhere in there.. Nope...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I got engaged in Hokkaido and it's the name of my second favorite pair of skis
    We climbed Mt Toubkal in Morocco 2 yrs ago (last big trip before covid hit)
    Freeride world tour has a stop in Andorra
    Tyrol made Austria the easy choice and I can't remember the other clue
    but yeah- this category was in my wheelhouse. When they have categories for opera or poetry I don't do as well :P
    skid luxury

I think Andorra would be a fun place to ski, but not exactly the kind of place most people from North America would plan a ski trip around. Andorra is small, but still big enough to have several different ski areas. Liechtenstein is tiny and has just a single small area. Andorra is about three times bigger than Liechtenstein.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Seen on the bird site:

....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211220_161218.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	397702

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

That's a shame. Gotta feeling it's going to be tough for anyone to use the CC.

Amy’s quietly killing it. Just crossed 1M in winnings. Liking her low key skills

Ken's going on about her streak is getting annoying to me. And I'm not a fan of the way he comments on players' styles, tries to goad them into bigger bets, and generally tries to make the show more about him than about the players and the game. But I seem to be in the minority about Ken.

I wonder how much James Holzhauer is responsible for the recent number of long winning streaks. He seems to have popularized the strategy of press the button first, then think. I would think that once someone has won a few games they have the timing down and get harder and harder to beat. As long as they get the questions right, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Ken's going on about her streak is getting annoying to me. And I'm not a fan of the way he comments on players' styles, tries to goad them into bigger bets, and generally tries to make the show more about him than about the players and the game.
    That's not the vibe I get from him. I think he's simply trying to commentate a bit on the game. Certainly he's an expert on the topic.

I think Ken is just into the stats. And usually you don’t get winners long enough for any decent analysis.
    But it did kind of throw me off at first too, @OG
    skid luxury

The stats push definitely seems to be driven from the top. The acting EP is a big soccer guy (Men in Blazers) and he seems to be steering in that direction. I personally like it, but I also like talking about xFIP and DVOA and other nerdy sports stats.

https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/news-...ily-box-scores

Ken certainly seems like the geeky type, so I figured he'd be into the stat thing:
    I would like to thank Ken Jennings who spent an entire weekend developing a first draft of this box score
    It will be interesting to see if this continues when Mayim hosts. I suspect it will, assuming Amy is still going. It gets to the point with a long running champ that there's not much to talk to them about, so can always pull out the stats to fill some time.

Good thing I'm not a long running Jeopardy champ. By the end of the first week I'd be repeating the same lame stories about myself. And I definitely don't have enough different clothes to wear--none the still fit anyway.

Cory, the big guy with the goofy comments from last week, recounts his experience: https://www.buzzerblog.com/2022/01/1...eopardy-again/

did better once he waited for the light to buzz in- was doing it too early off voice cues

Thanks for the link. That is a fun read.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

If anyone wants to buy Jeopardy Champ Austin's new book and/or start hosting pub trivia at their local boozer
    https://www.indiebound.org/book/9781523510528
    Name:  9781523510528.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  143.0 KB

Cool to see he got this done

Spoiler alert... Amy was on GMA today... That's usually the sign that they've finished their streak but still a couple episodes left to air.

I doubt she is back next week. Champions Tournament will be great though..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Spoiler alert... Amy was on GMA today... That's usually the sign that they've finished their streak but still a couple episodes left to air.
    Agreed. That's usually how it works.

like every long-running champ, lately I've wished she'd lose to bring in new people to make the games more competitive. BUT I hope she wins tonight, to take the #2 spot all alone (she is tied right now with Matt Amodio for consecutive wins). Next I want to see her on The Chase as one of the Chasers! Well I guess not til after the Tournament of Champions, whenever that is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    like every long-running champ, lately I've wished she'd lose to bring in new people to make the games more competitive. BUT I hope she wins tonight, to take the #2 spot all alone (she is tied right now with Matt Amodio for consecutive wins). Next I want to see her on The Chase as one of the Chasers! Well I guess not til after the Tournament of Champions, whenever that is going to be.
    I hope she also uses "What" is/are.... instead of the proper inquisitive word on Final Jeopardy as a joke (or to pay homage) to beat him hahaha.. That "what" shit annoyed the fuck out of my OCD...

I don't understand contestants who refuse to bet big on Daily Doubles when it's the only chance they have to go into FJ with a chance to win. Not that many people besides Amy get DD's.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I don't understand contestants who refuse to bet big on Daily Doubles when it's the only chance they have to go into FJ with a chance to win. Not that many people besides Amy get DD's.
    One reason is that maybe they are not that confident in the category and their knowledge in the category and are afraid to lose too much- difference is many times $1000 - $1000 for 3rd place, $2000 of course for 2nd place finish.