Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Came into the episode rooting for Matt Amodeo but by the middle of it I was totally on Sam's team. Super fun to watch him play.

What was up with Matt's final Jeopardy bet? If he had wagered it all he could have won.
    Wagering suggestions from the Jeopardy Fan site:
    Final Jeopardy! wagering suggestions:
    (Scores: Sam $23,000 Matt $16,800 John $12,600)

Matt: You’re in Stratton’s Dilemma; you can’t both cover John and beat Sam in a Triple Stumper. If you think a diabolical clue is more likely, bet no more than $3,999—just in case John also plays for the Triple Stumper. If you think a softball is more likely, go all in to force Sam to cover. (Actual bet: $0)

John: If Sam bets to cover Matt, he falls to $12,399 if he’s incorrect. Thus, your low range is “up to $200”. If you’re going big, you should go all-in, just in case Sam makes a small bet to try to finesse Matt. (Actual bet: $11,400)

Sam: You have the easiest choice—the standard cover bet over Matt is $10,601. Going small (up to $2,200) won’t work today, as staying ahead of Matt’s small bet range leaves you open to being passed by John if he doubles up.(Actual bet: $10,601)

I posted this 2 days ago:
    "Of all the qualifiers, I think Sam Buttrey (sp?) is likely to do well but can he beat one of the big 3?"

If only I was as good predicting Powerball numbers...

I had no idea Dr Fauci was in the tournament..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Came into the episode rooting for Matt Amodeo but by the middle of it I was totally on Sam's team. Super fun to watch him play.

What was up with Matt's final Jeopardy bet? If he had wagered it all he could have won.
    Nope- as AD points out Sam bet enough to beat Matt even if Matt had bet it all. Glad Sam made it through he is funny!

(well I guess he COULD have won with different answers/betting by his opponents but he could have won betting 0 too)

Surprising outcomes and very enjoyable games this week.!!. Next weeks finals could be even better.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Almost spoiled it by making a joke about someone on the show tonight. I'll have to wait.

Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

Great game tonight but I really wanted Mattea to stfu and give that middle guy a chance st keeping it for being a runaway. Super annoying.

Really appreciate the swing for the fence game play. Was def shocked when he went all in on the last daily double. Balls out move that deserved the win
    Last edited by mcski; 11-12-2022 at 03:29 PM.

The last double Jeopardy bet was a surprise and of course paid off with a true daily double to secure a huge lead. Matteo met her match and the fact that the winner found and got the Double Jeopardy questions, locking out the other 2 from any comeback.

So of the 3 that got automatic spots into the semi-finals, only Amy made it into the finals. Matt and Matteo met formable competition.

So we got Amy, Dr Fauci, and Andrew with the sick Christopher Kid Reid high fade dew. He should win for that hair alone. Of course Amy's the favorite but all in doubles will probably decided things as usual..

^you think Sam looks like Fauci? I was thinking more like Steve Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I posted this 2 days ago:
    "Of all the qualifiers, I think Sam Buttrey (sp?) is likely to do well but can he beat one of the big 3?"

If only I was as good predicting Powerball numbers...
    He is the only one that has not lost a Jeopardy game yet at all... Professors Tourney and then into the ToC and never was on any regular game...

Oh ya with a banjo I see that too.

Good call, considering he talked about the exact thing during his semifinal match.

^ for the record, I didn't get to see his semi match...

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Oh ya with a banjo I see that too.
    Sam discussed that people were telling him he looked like the "best" looking comedian out there- Steve Martin (in the match he appeared in.)

Noted that all 3 finalists are from Norcal. And none from Florida. You have to be puling for Andrew, since as a software developer he's probably out of a job.

Yesterday's ToC final J!- was the correct response Romans rather than Hebrews? https://www.the-sun.com/entertainmen...new-testament/

Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Noted that all 3 finalists are from Norcal. And none from Florida. You have to be puling for Andrew, since as a software developer he's probably out of a job.
    I had that same thought but he has a few options just in sf lol. Interesting that Amy calls herself a writer now as opposed to former software person too. She sure has made the most of her 15 minutes and meeting people!

I feel a bit for Sam. He’s really sharp and should be able to nab a game or two.
    Last edited by mcski; 11-18-2022 at 09:54 PM.

I'd leave the Bible and all other religious texts out of Jeopardy, but then no one asked my opinion.

And more Bible last night. Fuck that. What's next, the Book of Mormon? I vote for the Kama Sutra.
    Last edited by old goat; 11-18-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Yes Sam won! Way to go! I have been rooting for you the whole TOC. Your spry style and confident answers epitomize the Jeopardy experience

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k you cat View Post
    Yes Sam won! Way to go! I have been rooting for you the whole TOC. Your spry style and confident answers epitomize the Jeopardy experience

Agreed completely! So stoked to see him win!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I thought I saw a potential spoiler post about the bet amounts which ended flipping the script on the game and potentially championship outcome. Not sure what the strategy was w her small bet. I guess she assumed another whiff by all on the final question. Oops. Was nice to see Sam get on the board though

Amy has been too conservative. She obviously doesn't have the confidence she did during her regular season games.

Definitely happy to see Sam get a win, though.

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k you cat View Post

I'll be rooting for him again on Monday. If for nothing else to tie it up and all go into Tuesday, day 7 with 2 wins each.