Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I thought it was easy--and I thought everyone knew Waterloo was a land battle--but then I read about Trafalgar in the newspaper at the time it happened.
    I thought it was, too, and couldn't believe all three said Waterloo. The first word in the clue was "Admiral" so it seems like they would have been thinking "naval battle." Then again military history is a wheelhouse for me.

My wife's answer was the Battle of New Orleans. I guess because there are French speaking people in LA, and then somehow it had something to do with Lafayette. Military history is definitely not in her wheelhouse, even though she recorded every war movie televised over the Mem Day weekend.

I was thinking New Orleans as well. Not sure why trafalgar didn’t occur to me. Damn French

No. Damn the torpedos.

Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

Did they have torpedoes back then?Prob just soggy baguettes. No wonder they surrendered

Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

And he pulls off another Final Jeopardy miracle!
    you can also tell he’s an uber driver too because he likes to chat 🤣
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Did they have torpedoes back then?Prob just soggy baguettes. No wonder they surrendered
    Well the quote is from the Civil War, so a little later, and torpedoes meant mines, not the kind that submarines shoot.

Saw the intro of the contestants and then channel preempted with the President's Special news conference and speech on the Gun Controls and all.... So not sure if I can watch the match or just have to wait for rerun...

So another longer championship run comes to an end and Ryan Long will be waiting for the Tournament of Champions after being defeated yesterday after 16 day streak.

https://www.inquirer.com/entertainme...-20220606.html from his home town newspaper...

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    So another longer championship run comes to an end and Ryan Long will be waiting for the Tournament of Champions after being defeated yesterday after 16 day streak.

https://www.inquirer.com/entertainme...-20220606.html from his home town newspaper...
    was hoping the woman would be the one to beat him though- her voice and look reminded me of Kim from Better Call Saul
    Name:  wk39_0606_0610_garrison_home-180x300.png
Views: 244
Size:  83.8 KB

Ryan looked worn out. Since they tape 5 shows in one day, this was the first session of a new day. So maybe he went out and celebrated too much the previous night?

Anyway, good run, and a very interesting guy.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Ryan looked worn out. Since they tape 5 shows in one day, this was the first session of a new day. So maybe he went out and celebrated too much the previous night?

We also thought he looked like he wasn't all in on putting out a competitive effort yesterday. Maybe he just decided it's time to go home.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    was hoping the woman would be the one to beat him though- her voice and look reminded me of Kim from Better Call Saul
    Name:  wk39_0606_0610_garrison_home-180x300.png
Views: 244
Size:  83.8 KB
    She definitely looked and acted like Kim Wexler.

And he totally looked exhausted. He doesn’t seem like a drinker, but who knows. He may have had enough. I liked his style, he was laid back and humble.

Did anyone else notice the new champ has multi colored ears? Looks like a spray tan that he missed spots on his ears. Once we noticed it we couldn’t unsee it, kinda like that other ladies tiny hands

The woman does look like Kim, but tall, so even better.

I think Ryan had just had enough of Mayim's increasingly smarmy and condescending intros. Unlike the contestants, I can just FF past them.

Mayim is soooooo smarmy and condescending. I like her as an actress but def not for a host.

I missed Ryan’s last show and will have to lookit up for replay. Just watched the final q and was sorta surprised he missed it so badly

I like his low key style and it is totally amazing that he won more games than many previous champs who seemed much more unbeatable while on what turned out to be shorter streaks

Kudos to Ryan. Hope he does well at the TOC

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post

Definitely not as good as some previous days, but then it could have just been the categories as well were not in his wheel house. Interesting that he became a Ride Share Driver after he lost another job working for SEPTA due to pretty bad Covid bout and then finally a recovery after weeks in the hospital.

I liked yesterday how the guy guessed "Mick Jagger" when asked to name the photo of- Michael Caine!

It's hard to tell old white men apart.

Well another champion going into Final Jeopardy without a run away lead tonight. Probably all west coast airings should have happened so will let you know there was only 1 person that got the Final question right...

He seemed to overthink an obvious answer

I was shocked that only one person got Nixon--but like with a lot of missed obvious answers I have to remind myself most contestants weren't alive for the events in question. I was.

Gregory has got some serious nervous energy.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I was shocked that only one person got Nixon--but like with a lot of missed obvious answers I have to remind myself most contestants weren't alive for the events in question. I was.
    I think since one said haldeman and the other dean, they both clearly knew the context and prob thought Nixon was too obvious or something. But ya, I’ve started seeing too many missed questions and realizing it was referencing something predating the birth of the erroneous contestant

This is getting ridiculous…

Just give the whole damn thing to ken and get on with it.
    swing your fucking sword.