Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    While I'm sure it pays very very well, being the host on Jeopardy is a comedown for any well known person with a decent career. The only celebrity that I can think of that did a good job of it was Groucho Marx. There's a reason most game show hosts are professional game show hosts--like Alex Trebek was.
    Now maybe if you could get someone like Chapelle in there and let him make fun of the contestants.

It’s a cake gig that pays really well and allows the host to have most of the year to do other things because taping is so consolidated into just a few days. I’m sure that’s a big part of Mayims interest after the grind of a long sitcom run. She just seems more annoying and patronizing the longer she’s around tho. I really hope Len gets the perm gig but I’m worried based on the bad choices previously made by the show owners

Current champ has a nice 6 day run goin w what must be one of the lowest avg scores ever w a total of only 60k.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    It’s a cake gig that pays really well and allows the host to have most of the year to do other things because taping is so consolidated into just a few days. I’m sure that’s a big part of Mayims interest after the grind of a long sitcom run. She just seems more annoying and patronizing the longer she’s around tho. I really hope Len gets the perm gig but I’m worried based on the bad choices previously made by the show owners
    I don't know if she has always done this or I am just noticing it with time but she takes so...fucking...long to respond to contestants' responses.
    swing your fucking sword.

Current champ has a nice 6 day run goin w what must be one of the lowest avg scores ever w a total of only 60k.
    She has won three games that she should have lost by $2. Just dumb luck. Not to mention the fact that she actually lost last Friday but judges ruled the clearly correct answer of another contestant "illegible".
    swing your fucking sword.

Champion dodged another loss last night for sure. Not sure what the response that Mayim said she could not read even said and she did not ask even what he wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    She has won three games that she should have lost by $2. Just dumb luck. Not to mention the fact that she actually lost last Friday but judges ruled the clearly correct answer of another contestant "illegible".
    Ya I went to look for the video online because it sure looked like Harriet Tubman to me. Maybe it’s posted now but i couldn’t find it. Seemed like it was clearly the name to me.

Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

The channel Jeopardy is on frequently comes up on the dvr/cable box as “To be announced” therefore the dvr will not record.
    This is basically the only reason I still pay for cable, to be able to watch Jeopardy every evening.
    It’s hard to complain about with all the other issues in the world, but it’s because of all the other issues in the world that I really need my fucking nightly Jeopardy fix!
    skid luxury

I haven't watched in the last couple weeks. I'm just waiting till Ken comes back. Mayim sucks balls.

What is "meme"?

Name:  funny-pictures-kitten-begs-you-not-to-sit-on-him.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  36.9 KB
    Relatively low post count.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    The channel Jeopardy is on frequently comes up on the dvr/cable box as “To be announced” therefore the dvr will not record.
    This is basically the only reason I still pay for cable, to be able to watch Jeopardy every evening.
    It’s hard to complain about with all the other issues in the world, but it’s because of all the other issues in the world that I really need my fucking nightly Jeopardy fix!
    We're lucky--our otherwise super shitty cable company does put Jeopardy on the schedule no matter what time it gets bumped to. OTOH I've been spending a lot of time making sure I get the Jan 6 hearings taped. Most often it's the Price is Right plus 3 hours extra.

I never knew "meme" had a definition. My life is enriched.

Ya I went to look for the video online because it sure looked like Harriet Tubman to me. Maybe it’s posted now but i couldn’t find it. Seemed like it was clearly the name to me.
    Here it is. It looked to me like the last name wasn’t unambiguously clear, but could be interpreted as Tubman if you wanted to see that. But could also be read as Tulman.

It should be noted that it’s not just Mayim making that call, but also a panel of judges. Also, the show is heavily edited. There was probably a long discussion with the judges before that decision was made.

The commentary on that YouTube is fantastic

And yeah, she got robbed

Look at the title on that YouTube video. How the fuck do people not know the $ symbol goes before the number? It's something you see every single day.

I see "Tulnug" in the replay (who uses cursive at all anymore, and especially in the Jeopardy final?)- when I watched it on TV I though she was robbed but I think they made the right call

It’s possible the judges could tell that her pen finished the N after time was up and it’s left off the screen. Although, I think case could be made the last letter is a sloppy n if that wasn’t the case and had finished writing in time. She clearly knew the answer. Just terrible cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    I see "Tulnug" in the replay (who uses cursive at all anymore, and especially in the Jeopardy final?)- when I watched it on TV I though she was robbed but I think they made the right call
    I'm sure she was trying to get it in quickly, so used cursive since it's quicker, but unfortunately for her it can also be sloppier.

And I definitely use cursive if I have to hand write anything substantial (which is decidedly rare). Much more efficient than printing.

I'm really annoyed that the contestants have to answer in the form of a question but Mayim doesn't. My recollection is that Alex did and Ken does. Am I wrong?

How did the public defender not get "sidebar"?

Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

I thought the same thing! How the hell is that remotely possible to miss for anyone that’s watched more than a couple episode of law & order let alone an actual atty

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm really annoyed that the contestants have to answer in the form of a question but Mayim doesn't. My recollection is that Alex did and Ken does. Am I wrong?
    I hope her stint as host ends soon... she's not getting any better and is tough to watch. Bring back Ken Jennings. Or just about anyone else.

Yeah, she moves her head back and forth funny when they don't get the answer and she says(reads) the right one.
    Relatively low post count.

She's way over-rehearsed. Even when she says something spontaneous it sounds rehearsed. And I'm sure seh's aware she's not popular which doesn't help her spontaneity.

Ken has returned to his rightful spot at the podium