Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    This NYT's editorialist has liked Ken Jennings, Aaron Rogers, and Katie Couric best: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/05/a...-new-host.html
    i thought katie couric was terrible. jennings not much better. agree with rodgers though.
    swing your fucking sword.

Chick in the middle today dressed like she knew in advance it would be a single episode appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Glad to see "yoopers" come up in a clue. Sorry they had to then add "upper peninsula [of this state]". Went from a medium difficult clue to a giveaway.
    Last edited by old goat; 05-06-2021 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Chick in the middle today dressed like she knew in advance it would be a single episode appearance.

how about waiting until the show has aired on the west coast before you start dropping spoilers :--)

Rodgers has strangely been my favorite so far, but first I need him to get traded to the Broncos and win a couple super bowls.

Couric was horrible. When she was interviewing the contestants she'd say "that's interesting" but it would come off as "that's the stupidest thing I've heard, you fucking loser. Why am I here doing this stupid show talking to these stupid people."

Danika McKellar (i.e. Winnie Cooper) needs to get a shot. She's hot and a math nerd.

It seemed like she was trying to play a character. I guess that's what they get now that they've had to select contestants primarily from the LA area.

Tonight's game was pretty much an abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Rodgers has strangely been my favorite so far, but first I need him to get traded to the Broncos and win a couple super bowls.

Couric was horrible. When she was interviewing the contestants she'd say "that's interesting" but it would come off as "that's the stupidest thing I've heard, you fucking loser. Why am I here doing this stupid show talking to these stupid people."

Danika McKellar (i.e. Winnie Cooper) needs to get a shot. She's hot and a math nerd.
    How does a guide tell a client that he's a stupid fucking idiot? "That's a very good question."

Gift from the M-I-L for my birthday. Didn’t tell her what it meant, but told Mrs. Plug.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1621173815.743590.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	257.2 KB 
ID:	374739

I vote for Aaron.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Buzzy did a great job 1st day out.
    I like him best of all the guest hosts.
    Today’s middle contestant needs to learn how to pronounce words. They gave him credit for too many f ups for my taste.

Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

I agree- I liked Buzzy and I wanted to slap that Ryan kid on at least 2 different occasions.

I didn’t like Buzzy at all when he first came on as a contestant but he really won me over during his time playing. And I think he would make as good of a host as any

One thing that set Alex apart is that he studied the questions and answers as well as the likely other answers. So that’s what makes me lean towards one of the former champs- they would be of the same trivia/ factoid caliber vs some of the more “celebrity” type hosts that just affirmed or denied what the contestants said/ reads the teleprompter
    skid luxury

Glad I missed Ryan the first time around. Hope he gets knocked out in the next round. I was embarrassed to see him wearing a Cal or Michigan tie--fortunately it's actually a WVU tie. (Thanking god for his victory gave it away.)

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I agree- I liked Buzzy and I wanted to slap that Ryan kid on at least 2 different occasions.

I didn’t like Buzzy at all when he first came on as a contestant but he really won me over during his time playing. And I think he would make as good of a host as any

One thing that set Alex apart is that he studied the questions and answers as well as the likely other answers. So that’s what makes me lean towards one of the former champs- they would be of the same trivia/ factoid caliber vs some of the more “celebrity” type hosts that just affirmed or denied what the contestants said/ reads the teleprompter
    I like Buzzy too and agree we want a trivia nerd for host for those reasons! But let's cut Ryan and the other socially awkward J! contestants some slack and just enjoy their awkwardness

(oh and for the latest on the controversy over the guy who has now been proven NOT to have flashed a white supremacist hand signal: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/16/b...onspiracy.html )

Ryan doesn't come across as socially awkward, but more like a arrogant prick.

(oh and for the latest on the controversy over the guy who has now been proven NOT to have flashed a white supremacist hand signal: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/16/b...onspiracy.html )
    Your definition of proof is different than mine.

Ryan doesn't come across as socially awkward, but more like a arrogant prick.
    Huh. I see an autistic kid all pumped up on adderall who wants to emulate James holzhauer. He's my fave.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Huh. I see an autistic kid all pumped up on adderall who wants to emulate James holzhauer. He's my fave.
    Totally.

just watched the episode from monday and gotta say, this ryan cat is insufferable. glad i didn't watch in real time.
    swing your fucking sword.

Sheldon’s wife is the worst. Hands down.
    A thin veneer of fake politeness over a hard center of condescension. She shows obvious favoritism towards some contestants. And she rushes through the questions like it’s a race. Just horrible.

Sheldon’s wife is the worst. Hands down.
    A thin veneer of fake politeness over a hard center of condescension. She shows obvious favoritism towards some contestants. And she rushes through the questions like it’s a race. Just horrible.
    Hmm. She's one of my favorites so far.

Hmm. She's one of my favorites so far.
    Agreed. I think shes the best so far. Can't believe some people claim Erin Rodgers is in the running for a perm replacement....terrible.

If they are going for a female host, she is a front running in my opinion from the 2 nights I've seen her gust host.

Surprised at the comments on Buzzy. I never was a Buzzy fan. His voice is better than Ken J's but that style he has is not one I'd want to see each night.

How can you not be condescending when none of the 3 contestants knew where "of the people, by the people, for the people" comes from. She's not my favorite--still Rogers although I don't see going from NFL MVP quarterback to game show host.

It would be fun for one episode to have a host that aggressively mocked the contestants. Maybe celebrity contestants who knew ahead of time they were going to be made fun of. Or big shot politicians and CEO's. How about Musk, Bezos, and Marjorie Taylor Greene?

SNL version of Sean Connery!

SNL version of Sean Connery!

I'd like to see Will Ferrell doing his Alex impersonation. The main takeaway from all this is it's about the game, not the host. I've adapted rapidly to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    If they are going for a female host, she is a front running in my opinion from the 2 nights I've seen her gust host.

Surprised at the comments on Buzzy. I never was a Buzzy fan. His voice is better than Ken J's but that style he has is not one I'd want to see each night.
    I don't hate her, but not a fan either. It almost seems like she goes out of her way to be homely. Jesus, she must have more money than God from the Big Bang Theory. Maybe they should give the chick who played Bernadette a shot...

I really liked Buzzy as a host and didn't like him much at all as a contestant.