Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I’m amazed that Ian Fleming actually wrote “ chitty bang bang”.

But then it also surprises me every time I see William Faulkner listed as screenwriter for so many movies.
    Fau;lkner was undoubtedly a great writer but he was not going to make a good living from the novels he wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Fau;lkner was undoubtedly a great writer but he was not going to make a good living from the novels he wrote.
    Yeah, I know it was all about money, but it’s still a little startling to see his screenwriting credits pop up on movies like “Air Force” and “Submarine Patrol”.

Speaking of writers how about Ken honoring the picket line and Mayim scabbing it?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Speaking of writers how about Ken honoring the picket line and Mayim scabbing it?
    It's the exact opposite. Mayim won't cross the picket line, thus Ken will be hosting the last week or two of the season. I get it, though. Mayim is a member of SAG and I'm pretty Ken is not. Also Ken is a Jeopardy producer, so he is management in addition to being host.

Exactly that. Im kinda surprised tho that they are able to run the show without the writers. Obviously stuff is written far in advance but seems like there would still be issues during production. Overall a bad look not to shut down though

Yeah--I'm sure Mayim's brilliant patter requires a huge writers room to come up with.

So Masters Semi-finals are done and now it is down to the finals.

Too early for West Coast to discuss the final 3 players but it would really be no surprise that James is one of the 3 players.

Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

Poor guy on regular Jeopardy gets his 12 game run ended by misspelling Benedick as Benedict and was the only even remotely close to the correct response. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Poor guy on regular Jeopardy gets his 12 game run ended by misspelling Benedick as Benedict and was the only even remotely close to the correct response. Ouch.
    yeah that one felt like a bad final clue- you couldn't score his response as correct, and it begged that result (asking for the common first two letters would have been better, and eliminated the obvious wrong answer of "Romeo & Juliet"- which is all I could guess too)

Yea that final clue and ruling bummed me out.
    skid luxury

I even went to the etymology and was surprised the names didn’t share the same root. More reasons to hate Blossom as host

There’s a panel of judges, and the show is edited quite a bit. Rest assured that Mayim didn’t make that call by herself.

There’s a panel of judges, and the show is edited quite a bit. Rest assured that Mayim didn’t make that call by herself.
    Irrelevant! I maintain that’s it’s still another reason to hate Blossom!

I even went to the etymology and was surprised the names didn’t share the same root. More reasons to hate Blossom as host
    This is why she has those long, awkward pauses, looking down like she's about to say wrong. She's listening to the judges in her in ear monitor telling her iif the answer was correct or not. Ken and Alex were better at that process..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I really thought James was gonna lose to Mattea going into final and I think he did too. That was a pretty wild conclusion to masters. Solid Jeopardy w actually difficult clues instead of clues that just seem difficult

I really thought James was gonna lose to Mattea going into final and I think he did too. That was a pretty wild conclusion to masters. Solid Jeopardy w actually difficult clues instead of clues that just seem difficult
    Me too. I didn't expect them to all miss Mallory. If I was on that stage I would have been absolutely crushed by all three, but at least I have the consolation of knowing both the Final Jeopardy answers (from the comfort of my couch, but still...)!

I’m a little surprised James apparently doesn’t know Latin. Seems like something a jeopardy superstar would have studied. But he made the smarter wager and pulled off the win.

I’m a little surprised James apparently doesn’t know Latin. Seems like something a jeopardy superstar would have studied. But he made the smarter wager and pulled off the win.
    No, he does. T.H. White's book is "The Once and Future King." The problem is it was written in 1958, not the 15th century.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    No, he does. T.H. White's book is "The Once and Future King." The problem is it was written in 1958, not the 15th century.
    Ah! Very tricky clue.

Helluva Jeopardy round category name, giddy up play on words. That’s all imma say bout it.

Also, watching Miyam host is still so painful.

How about the dipshit in tonight’s interviews that takes flights just to get sky miles. Get a fucking better hobby
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    How about the dipshit in tonight’s interviews that takes flights just to get sky miles. Get a fucking better hobby
    Careful, there a whole internet world of people doing just that. Lol

Blossom painful pauses before declaring an answer correct are super annoying. Maybe she’s just not a good reader. Ken seems pretty seem less now on calling answers good or bad now

Also, in thirty years living here, tonight was the first time I ever heard the term Golden Gate Strait.

Edit - Can we please give a standing O for the producer that got the category
    “‘S” less chaps” on the air. Outstanding!
    Last edited by mcski; 06-06-2023 at 08:25 PM.

At least do something if you travel to Singapore or whatever. Grab a meal or see a museum. How pathetic to turn around and go home without doing literally ANYTHING
    skid luxury

Hahaha and now he’s a jeopardy champion 🤷🤦🤦🤦. Too bad, i kind of liked tenacious d guy. Not much of a champ but whatever

Also, in thirty years living here, tonight was the first time I ever heard the term Golden Gate Strait.

Edit - Can we please give a standing O for the producer that got the category
    “‘S” less chaps” on the air. Outstanding!
    I learned that the bridge is named after the straight in another trivia game recently- that's a good trivia nugget (the bridge, after all, has never actually been golden colored- https://www.npr.org/2011/04/26/13515...cidental-color )

and yes re the "s" less chaps- the writers have been allowed to be a bit randier lately