Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Was Jeopardy broadcasting from Comicon tonight? All the job titles definitely matched. That was a tough double question to blokey. Bummer it wasnt closer at the end

This popped up in my feed last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post

I've tried to find out before if anyone has ever "pulled a Clavin"- gone into final with a runaway but lost by betting too much and gotten it wrong- but I've never been able to find an answer

Mira sure is a cutie.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Mira sure is a cutie.
    She has had a good Final Jeopardy yesterday and the only one that got what I thought was a pretty easy FJ answer right. Knocked off the 4 time winner and while he may still qualify for Tournament of Champions, he was 1 answer away from being guaranteed a spot.

Will not spoil tonight for west coast viewers but again will just say it was refreshing that all 3 go into Final with a chance to win with the proper betting and of course right answer to the question.

Mira is good and easy on the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post

Such an awesome episode. Anyone notice at the 3:15 mark that the answer is already showing in Cliff’s screen? Also, at 4:23, Agnes’s score shows $3300 instead of $400.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Page 5?!

Oh. Bialik. High School Reunion Tournament.

Nevermind.
    Relatively low post count.

I didn’t even bother tuning in this week with March college basketball in full swing I’m just going to skip those annoying long pauses after blatantly correct responses.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua toque View Post
    Page 5?!

Oh. Bialik. High School Reunion Tournament.

Nevermind.
    When is the flower going to drop off the stem and regular Jeopardy going to return?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    I've tried to find out before if anyone has ever "pulled a Clavin"- gone into final with a runaway but lost by betting too much and gotten it wrong- but I've never been able to find an answer
    Happened recently.

When!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    When!?!?
    Last week some time?

It was these kids, High School Reunion maybe?

Returning winner could have bet 0 and won, second place couldn’t reach him even if they bet it all, but he bet enough and got it wrong that second place got it right, doubled her money and beat him.

It kind of stunned me. I was thinking that I had never seen it before. He had the funniest expression as they cut away.

I think i was just coming into the room when that happened. I hadn’t been watching. They need to deep dive that shit not cut away lol

I think i was just coming into the room when that happened. I hadn’t been watching. They need to deep dive that shit not cut away lol
    I saw that one, and I think he just calculated his math wrong, he lost by $1.00.
    He doubled 2nd place's money and added $1 dollar in stead of subtracting $1 dollar.

Just for an example 2nd place had $7,000, and could double it to $14,000 with a correct answer.
    1st place had $18,000 and bet $4,001 instead of betting $3,999, thinking they were safe.
    So when he got the answer wrong his $18,000 was decreased to $13,999, whereas I believe his intentions were to stay safe by $1, and just added the 1 dollar to his bet, instead of subtracting 1 dollar.

We watch at home most nights, and me and Mrs Dee have multiple discussions on betting strategies. Some peoples brains are not Math oriented.

Mrs Jong pegged the thing we find most annoying about Mayim She pauses for too long when confirming someone got the answer correct. She stands there with a "nope" expression and after an awkwardly long pause then says "that is correct!".
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Mrs Jong pegged the thing we find most annoying about Mayim She pauses for too long when confirming someone got the answer correct. She stands there with a "nope" expression and after an awkwardly long pause then says "that is correct!".
    I don't watch when she hosts, but my mom was just saying this exact thing to me. Why the hell can't they just give Ken the permanent job? He's so clearly better at it.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Why the hell can't they just give Ken the permanent job? He's so clearly better at it.
    maybe he doesn't want it- makes plenty as the part-time host I'm sure and can do other things (I was willing to give MB a chance but I agree she is not improving- my pet peeve is her cloying laughter at things that aren't even potentially funny, it's just to fill space)

I don't think there was a Clavin recently- I would have remembered it and looking here https://thejeopardyfan.com/ where you can scroll down to what happened in final jeopardy easily I'm not seeing it in the last couple of weeks. It would be especially stupid in a tournament where you don't keep what you finish with, it's just to advance.

They film 5 episodes a day, total days filming per season is 46 (9 weeks of work) and he gets $375,000 per day to film.

Yeah, it's good work if you can get it!

Local station screw up or problems with the Jeopardy feed tonight?? Started with Judge Judy on the station when Jeopardy was to be on, turned it over to another station. Checked back after a bit and Ken Jennings and 3 other players were on for a brief time. Then commercial and they came back to Jeopardy an BM hosting on again with the second day of the 2 day Final of the High School Reunion Tourney shows....
    Last edited by RShea; 03-09-2023 at 07:07 PM.

Well got to see at least the end, no spoilers as it was the last night of the 2 day Final round of the Reunion Tournament and west coast has hours left for the broadcast.

Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    She has a weird patronizing delivery as well. I think she is funny and a good actress but holy shit I hate her on jeopardy. Ken is King

I think with all the turmoil over the host gig when douchbag got fired, there was so much lobbying for the gig and tv politics involved I think they felt splitting it with two was covering their bases. And Ken is the real host. blossom is just doing all the jeopardy specials afaik
    Last edited by mcski; 03-09-2023 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua toque View Post
    I'm currently spending some time out in the sticks and my digital antenna won't pull in JEOPARDY!

So you folks are all I got.

Attachment 446828
    I installed that exact same antenna. It works .0958% better than the old school rabbit ears I had hanging on my front porch before going bigtime.. God what a joke that turned out to be. It is "better" though.. Like another half bar..

I only use it for local stuff when the dish is out though so meh..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

She has a weird patronizing delivery as well. I think she is funny and a good actress but holy shit I hate her on jeopardy. Ken is King

I think with all the turmoil over the host gig when douchbag got fired, there was so much lobbying for the gig and tv politics involved I think they felt splitting it with two was covering their bases. And Ken is the real host. blossom is just doing all the jeopardy specials afaik
    She is also doing the Celebrity Jeopardy that has been on from time to time in Prime Time, not the regular syndicated time slot and all.