Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    It is (or was if you are Eastern Time Zone and soon to be over in Central time) on ABC, prime time. 1 Hour. 2 shows with the combined winnings of the shows for the first day champion.

I will not post any spoiler for those behind in western States (and withhold comments until later)...
    Last edited by RShea; 01-08-2020 at 07:03 AM.

It was preempted for the Iran missile attack on the east coast

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    It was preempted for the Iran missile attack on the east coast

Not on our local ABC station (so it was not a National ABC News network decision). The entire show was broadcast in our area. Ken Jennings did well, James had a moment where he beat Brad to a question about Philly and rubbed it in a bit, finding the daily double Jeopardy questions (and of course not missing them like Brad) and James was not as good at hitting all 3 to build a commanding lead.
    Last edited by RShea; 01-08-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Brad got spanked, while he shot both of his feet.

Ken came to play, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Brad got spanked, while he shot both of his feet.
    Brad did what he had to do. James showed that the way to win was to go big on Daily Doubles. Ken won the match based on betting big on one Daily Double in a category he said he didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Brad did what he had to do. James showed that the way to win was to go big on Daily Doubles and of course know the correct answer). Ken won the match based on betting big on one Daily Double in a category he said he didn't like.
    FIFY
    Anyone can go all in on each and every Daily Double but if you are not knowledgeable in the category, better off going small on the bets since it is a final tournament of champs 2 show total to be declared a winner for the day.
    Last edited by RShea; 01-09-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Ken said he didn't like the category, but I would contend there has never been anyone else who can touch him on those kind of categories. His mind is a steel trap and his recall is amazing.

I'd be a little surprised to see any of them go small on any of the daily doubles. With that level of competition getting the daily doubles and betting big is really the key to winning, although James still made it competitive despite not having much luck getting them (did he even get a single DD last night?).

So, round 2 tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    So, round 2 tonight?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Ken said he didn't like the category, but I would contend there has never been anyone else who can touch him on those kind of categories. His mind is a steel trap and his recall is amazing.
    It was fun to watch him puzzle out responses that he didn't know cold- he got most of the ones right that he guessed, and seemed pleasantly surprised sometimes. Whereas James just seems to know everything cold when he can ring in first. I bet Brad felt stupid about answering "Vronsky" to the one asking for a Russian historical figure! (can't remember the actual question)

The questions didn't seem more difficult than usual, I figured they would be.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post

I'd be a little surprised to see any of them go small on any of the daily doubles. With that level of competition getting the daily doubles and betting big is really the key to winning, although James still made it competitive despite not having much luck getting them (did he even get a single DD last night?).
    we laughed at this too- last night he said he didnt like the category at first but at the end said "I like those"
    love those categories- I would flounder but they make me laugh so much- and how everyone is sort of laughing as they guess the answer

loving this.I don't want it to end!!

felt bad for brad last night- he had to go big on all those daily doubles
    I think the questions are F'ing hard. compared to watching regular jeopardy each eve they are elevated. but maybe tele til you're smelly is just smarter. but damn dude- have to admit that your username is a pet peeve of mine
    skid luxury

nobody got the Gallatin question. surprising. more missed questions tonight than last eve
    ok no spoilers
    skid luxury

Alex’s makeup is way over done. He looks like a wax replica of himself.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    nobody got the Gallatin question. surprising. more missed questions tonight than last eve
    ok no spoilers
    I got that one, too, and was pretty proud to get one that stumped all three of them!

Yeah, the questions have been much more difficult. The top row ones are still easy just so the people at home can say "hey, I got a couple right!"

Alex’s makeup is way over done. He looks like a wax replica of himself.

But in his defense, you do not know where he is with his cancer treatment cycles. Could have been the attempts to gain some color to a cancer ridden and very recent chemo or radiated body...

He doesn’t look like this on the daily show. I just find it odd.

He doesn’t look like this on the daily show. I just find it odd.
    Not sure when this tournament was taped, but I've gotta think it has something to do with his cancer treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I think the questions are F'ing hard. compared to watching regular jeopardy each eve they are elevated. but maybe tele til you're smelly is just smarter. but damn dude- have to admit that your username is a pet peeve of mine
    last night I thought they were really hard- maybe I just happened to know the harder ones the first night or something. Sorry about the user name- I'll try to shower more often

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    last night I thought they were really hard- maybe I just happened to know the harder ones the first night or something. Sorry about the user name- I'll try to shower more often
    User name is OK if you're talking about telecasters. If you're talking about telemarking that's different.

So I was not sure how many nights this was scheduled for since each day the declare a winner. Did some research and it is the first to win 3 days. So far that means that it could have been 3 days (but then James won the second day and Ken the first), so has to be at least a 4 day tournament. But if Brad makes a comeback and wins a day, then it could be 5 days or even more interesting if both Ken and James are sitting there with 2 days wins each. If the full 7 days happens that means each won 2 days points totals, and it would be the last day as the final to determine... But Brad continues to struggle with one day ending up in one of the 2 games in the negative for the points.

had a dinner last night so just got to watch last night's matches
    damn, brad just continues to struggle on basically every daily double so far
    So I guess the next/ possibly last one is on Mon? or Tues if it becomes a real game, which I hope for, of course

[QUOTE=Tele 'til You're Smelly;5858251I'll try to shower more often[/QUOTE]
    thank you that means a lot
    skid luxury

I read that the next match will be Tuesday.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed when fucking "American Housewife" came on tonight instead of the GOAT tourney.

This tournement is great. The questions are way Fucking harder than any other regular or tournement jeopardy game and these guys are mostly nailing them. James missed more questions in game 3 than in probably all his previous not GOAT games combined.

I actually feel a little bad for Brad. And I always hated Brad. Lol. I still want Ken to win, but I feel bad for Brad. He has inadvertently been keeping James in check by finding DDs early in the games. In game three, he basically gave the match to Ken by finding the last one and said your welcome. Lol

I think the make-is likely due to Alex’s treatments. I’m glad they got to do this while he was still able.

I am all in on Ken being the new Jeopardy host when Alex leaves. I think he’d be great and a nice legacy nod to players.