Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    I was sceptical for this new format for TOC, but it’s worked out well and im digging it now

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Amy has been too conservative. She obviously doesn't have the confidence she did during her regular season games.

Definitely happy to see Sam get a win, though.
    My recollection was that she never bet more than $4,000 on a DD. Her current Final bets are based on the difficulty of the questions. She got almost all of them correct in her run but these are at a whole 'nother degree of difficulty.

That seemed like a good FJ topic for her. When you're ahead you gotta go for the win and bet enough to cover the other two. Unless the topic is pre-Elizabethan poetry or something.

I guess this is why I’m watching the show and she’s playing it. I guess the final jeopardy bet makes some sense if she thinks everyone will miss, but then why bet anything at all? There is no difference between second and third place, so no reason to hedge for that.

Covering the second place max bet would seem to be the correct bet if you were actually trying to win. I suspect that maximizing TV air time played into the decision.

(Plus the fact that the only one who could have beat her was Sam.)

She bet to keep Andrew from sneaking through for the win and taking the tournament. If Amy wins she wins it all, if Sam gets it and wins she plays again, if Andrew wins she goes home as the runner up. Amy played to not lose.

I always guess the Final Jeopardy answer as soon as I hear the category and last night my guess was Newcastle, so that made it pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    She bet to keep Andrew from sneaking through for the win and taking the tournament. If Amy wins she wins it all, if Sam gets it and wins she plays again, if Andrew wins she goes home as the runner up. Amy played to not lose.
    Winners play to win.

She played similarly during her long run. It’s her style and can’t argue it worked for her pretty well. I’d like to see more swing for the fences though personally

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    Just reviewed the tape again. Andrew had less than half of Amy’s total going into final. It was impossible for Andrew to catch Amy unless Amy bet too much. Ah, I see what you are getting at. But then, why bet anything at all, if you are not going to cover. I guess it is to confuse chumps like me. Plus she gets more time on the air this way.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Just reviewed the tape again. Andrew had less than half of Amy’s total going into final. It was impossible for Andrew to catch Amy unless Amy bet too much. Ah, I see what you are getting at. But then, why bet anything at all, if you are not going to cover. I guess it is to confuse chumps like me. Plus she gets more time on the air this way.
    As I recall it, she bet enough to beat Sam if he had got it right and had only bet enough to best her total before final- and he had done that in a previous game I think. But he bet it all and got it right. I didn't really get her bet until I saw as per above how she wanted to make sure not to lose to Andrew no matter what, so it was probably a smart bet even though it didn't work out for her.

Well it was a very interesting match tonight. No spoilers yet as West coast has not aired yet but the final Jeopardy with anyone possibly able to win with a few incorrect responses and all...

NO SPOILERS. Delayed in Bay Area for 49er game. Argh

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    NO SPOILERS. Delayed in Bay Area for 49er game. Argh
    Just have to stay away from this thread for another day, or go find it on the web maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Just have to stay away from this thread for another day, or go find it on the web maybe....
    A lesson I learnd the hard way.

BTW--watching a football game and getting updates on a different game you recorded sux.

I wish it had gone 7 games. All super chill people up there..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The bible again. Jennings is LDS, Bialik is modern Orthodox Jew. Coincidence.

Jeopardy has always had a lot of bible questions. They stand out and I notice them because being the atheist I am know hardly any of them lol.

Finally was able to get thru the whole show. The news told me amy had won already but I still found it a super compelling and tense game. They all played really well.

I was glad amy won on a big bet. Surprised that Andrew didn’t go all in on his very surprised Sam didn’t know the answer. I thought it was a super easy final after a game with some very obscure and difficult clues

Overall, I think the best ToC i seen. Im totally on board now with the 7 game format. Definitely the best way to do it. Surprised the syndication stations don’t balk at the unpredictability but it’s get.

Would have been happy with any of them winning but def the best story line for Amy to win

I really think the pot should be more than 250 though. Kinda on the low side imo

Looking fwd to the next one and seeing as few appearances of blossom as possible.

The current champ is really good too. I notice the game last night had some really tough questions as well. I think the new EP and Ken are pushing jeopardy back toward better trivia and not just stuff people Can a ser from their couch

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post

Overall, I think the best ToC i seen. Im totally on board now with the 7 game format. Definitely the best way to do it. Surprised the syndication stations don’t balk at the unpredictability but it’s get.
    ya that was a good set up. Super enjoyed all the players and loved the 7 game format
    whew that was a long wait to finally see! where did you end up catching it? I'm curious bc the only thing keeping me from cutting the cable cord costs is my daily jeopardy fix
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    ya that was a good set up. Super enjoyed all the players and loved the 7 game format
    whew that was a long wait to finally see! where did you end up catching it? I'm curious bc the only thing keeping me from cutting the cable cord costs is my daily jeopardy fix
    You can find the episodes on YouTube super easily, minutes after they air.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

thanks. I kind of got set in my mind that they held the episodes private longer bc of past policy but i think that was a several year ago assessment so I am glad that it looks more open for viewing on other platforms now.
    skid luxury

Just like the World Series the new ToC is really an UP to 7 game format... Can't really call it 7 games as it could be won in 3 technically if there is a serious miss-match and a blow out. Fortunately it was not that way at all and of course did make it to 6 games as we all know now.

I saw it on YouTube. I think but not sure on an official jeopardy channel. First time I watched it online. Usually it seems impossible to find current games so not sure if something changed w distribution

What station is your Jeopardy on? How far away is their transmission tower? Check and investigate what type of antenna may work for you to get it free over the air. If you can't do antenna due to distance or something, then at least look at You Tube TV or one of the streaming offers that do local stations also and get rid of the cable TV for sure. (Of course there is a thread on here about Cord Cutting...)

It was free in YouTube. No youtube tv required, but a digital antenna is always a good the g to have if you want to ditch cable