Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Great stuff , but today's country music bears little resemblance to this documentary. It seems the last episode end with 1996? The music today is slickly produced with hooks and videos etc. I would be curious to see Ken Burns take on the last 23 years.. As Tom Petty said: https://theboot.com/tom-petty-contem...country-music/

Geez, Tom, kettle black?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Great stuff , but today's country music bears little resemblance to this documentary. It seems the last episode end with 1996? The music today is slickly produced with hooks and videos etc. I would be curious to see Ken Burns take on the last 23 years.. As Tom Petty said: https://theboot.com/tom-petty-contem...country-music/
    Watched episode 7 last night and the "countrypolitan" sound bears a lot of resemblance to todays Country. Difference is then you could literally kick the fucking door down if you sold enough records, which Willie & Waylon proceeded to do. AS Waylon said "they didnt need Nashville, but Nashville needed them"

Said hey to the man this morning and told him how much I liked this one. He’s a good guy.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Wow, there are some fucked up pictures of Cash at his bottom.

Opryland!! I spent a few birthdays there in the 80s.

Only day I've been to Nashville the Ryman was closed for a private event. So, went to the Johnny Cash museum, walked around that cool riverside park, and then hit some cool bars. Nice town. It's one of the bachelorette party hotspots in America. Roving gangs of drunk, silly girls. Foodie town, too. I like Memphis more, though. More soul.