Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Meh, this is the new jeopardy. So there!

Jason, Jason, Jason !

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    Much like strippers, I know you don't like change
    I didn't want this little gem to get lost.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^^
    Ha! QF-teh-lulz

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    sic transit stercoria del mundi
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    it's my understanding that the manner in which they were deleted makes them irretrievable.
    I'll chk on the back ups, but as a mod I know that my current access does not allow me to resurrect deleted threads.
    So the request will go to tgr internal and I wouldn't hold your breath about getting that high on their priority list with it being film tour season etc

Much like strippers, I know you don't like change
    but is it that important in the big scheme of things to spend any more time on this situation that impacts you so very little?
    I'll keep you posted if I hear back on the resurrection but for now- Let It Snow!
    presumably a simple SQL command from an admin would selectively erase every FA post from the db. It's unfortunate and beetle-esque that he chose to take this route and erase entire threads comprising posts in the thousands from the community.

Furthermore, it blows my mind that any user has the ability to permanently delete entire threads.

I miss Baker Bob.
    He was my life coach and didnt even know it.
    This place is diminished without him.
    Come back soon FA we have BBI's to plan!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Furthermore, it blows my mind that any user has the ability to permanently delete entire threads.
    Last I checked, all this content was still hosted in a free country, man. There is always the Internet archive if you need it: http://archive.org

Where’s the jeopardy thread?

Current Champ Jason has quietly made it to 14 wins and $399,500. I think James was almost at a million by this point but still not too shabby

Had although the clue was easy, i had no idea that fat man and little boy were dashiell Hammett references

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Last I checked, all this content was still hosted in a free country, man. There is always the Internet archive if you need it: http://archive.org
    the absolute power of an individual overriding the collective will is tyranny.

take a lap.

Where’s the jeopardy thread?

I knew Jeopardy Jason was doomed when he had a brief interview on ABC news earlier tonight. No way they would air that mid-run if he still had more games won.

Great Run. 19 wins and ~530k. I think Alex said that out him 3rd on the show winning list

BUT, how did that punk that won know the answer was Sydney Opera House?! That answer seemed way outside his wheelhouse of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Jason, Jason, Jason !
    He went down, down, down last night ... back to his school teaching ???

And Gabe, the Guy that beat Jason did not last very long with one game win streak. Laurel Lathrop the FL Grad student ended up with the only correct answer... Will see what happens next week with her run as champion.

Ya, he seemed a bit smug. I was glad he was one and done. Still perturbed he pulled Sydney Opera House out of his ass

The new champ seems sharp. Maybe she’ll string a few games together

Bummer Jason has to wait a whole year cycle for ToC. Be kind of interesting to see Jason Vs James

Maybe they will do another teams or something where the 2 go head to head...

interview with Trebek by a 12 time winner coming next week
    Last edited by Woodsy; 10-10-2019 at 01:43 PM.

damn I think I had something in my eye in the intro of jeopardy tonight about the purple ribbons
    alex didn't make it about himself but I heard his voice waver when talking about it

egad last night's show made me cringe on how many questions they missed

my dad and I have been trying to get tickets to see a show for awhile but haven't been able to score any
    #Ineedamiracle
    we might just go linger around the studio on taping days
    skid luxury

Ya, the purple ribbon caught me too. I also didn’t get a good long term vibe w the increase in Alex interviews on the subject.

So far I’ve been most surprised by how few of these champs I remember

Good gawd... they are playing a Jeopardy from 1984. I had to do a dbl take because it looks like the set from SNL.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Good gawd... they are playing a Jeopardy from 1984. I had to do a dbl take because it looks like the set from SNL.
    I enjoyed watching as Alex was much less smug back then. These days he acts like a know it all

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Belongs in the “Things that Annoy You” thread Think Alex was on uppers��

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I enjoyed watching as Alex was much less smug back then. These days he acts like a know it all

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by GimpToo View Post
    Belongs in the “Things that Annoy You” thread Think Alex was on uppers��
    The whole thing was weird. The audience reactions were strange. The contestants seems a but slow and the questions weren't very hard. Then there was Alex. He REALLY seemed like the SNL Alex. Def. seemed like he was speeding.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The whole thing was weird. The audience reactions were strange. The contestants seems a but slow and the questions weren't very hard. Then there was Alex. He REALLY seemed like the SNL Alex. Def. seemed like he was speeding.
    yeah wonder why they got rid of crowd reactions? They were funny. like OMG you missed the question GASP.....Questions were WAY easy....felt like high school, college or teacher week.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    ..Questions were WAY easy....felt like high school, college or teacher week.
    back then unless you did college bowl or something, Jeopardy & Trivial Pursuit were about the only trivia contests out there. Trivia contests have come a long way, and the contestants have got to be a lot better now with how many people try to get on, they all do other trivia games too etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    back then unless you did college bowl or something, Jeopardy & Trivial Pursuit were about the only trivia contests out there. Trivia contests have come a long way, and the contestants have got to be a lot better now with how many people try to get on, they all do other trivia games too etc.
    I typically play well at home, but don't think i'd ever try out. I think its likely a bit harder on stage, on the spot. Still fun and despite his smugness at times I still dig Trebeck.