Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Or, just turn the thing off...
    That would probably be the best solution. We all need a TO every once in a while to help us gain perspective on what is and is not important in our lives.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    wut?

Edited to add: OK that is weird, getting the same result here...
    Looking at his posts works from the app. But it's fucked up from the link in the web browser.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Who was the OP?

Mods should resurrect it. And also remove the OP's power to delete a thread after say 24 hours or some other arbitrary amount of time.
    Generally agreed, there occasionally have been times where established threads deserve nuking but that's the kind of thing where asking a mod would be ok. After not many posts the thread has as much from the community as the op. Deleting threads is reminiscent of Hugh's self immolation. Deleting posts or editing them to be blank seems like a better solution.

sic transit stercoria del mundi

Some questions are best left unanswered

Im primarily concerned w the jeopardy thread, but are all his threads/posts gone? what others are missing? Did he really go full Hugh Conway?!

Couldn't tell you what's gone but there's a lot still there.

Where’s the jeopardy thread?

Thats almost stranger for there to be selective thread nuking. I can’t see FA doing that at all. Anyone in touch w him

He Mods, give us back the Jeopardy thread already. Jason had quietly worked his way up to 6th in games won already!

Trebek back into chemo....

“Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek says that he is undergoing another round of chemotherapy.

In an interview with “GMA,” Trebek told ABC News' T.J. Holmes that his doctors have decided to have him undergo chemo again after he lost a large amount of weight and his numbers sky rocketed right after finishing his first round of treatment for stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

“I was doing so well. And my numbers went down to the equivalent of a normal human being who does not have pancreatic cancer. So we were all very optimistic. And they said, 'Good, we're gonna stop chemo, we'll start you on immunotherapy,'" he said before, "I lost about 12 pounds in a week. And my numbers went sky high, much higher than they were when I was first diagnosed. So, the doctors have decided that I have to undergo chemo again and that's what I'm doing."

Trebek talked about how cancer has taken a toll on his body saying sometimes it’s “excruciating pain” and other times “fatigue.”

“Cancer is mysterious in more ways than one,” he said.

The game show host also revealed his battle with depression that started when he was first diagnosed saying that sometimes he feels a “surge of sadness” and “depression.”

“When it happened early on I was down on myself,” he told “GMA.” “I didn’t realize how fallible each of us is in his or her own way … I talk to the audience sometimes and I get teary eyed for no reason. I don’t even bother to explain it anymore, I just experience it. I know it's a part of who I am and I just keep going.”

In March, Trebek announced in a YouTube video that he had Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Despite the news, he remained optimistic ending the video with classic wit and humor saying, “I have to host ‘Jeopardy!’ for three more years! So help me. Keep the faith and we’ll win. We’ll get it done.”

He ended up finishing his first round of chemotherapy and went on to film Season 35 of “Jeopardy!”

Since being diagnosed, Trebek has received an outpouring of support from many around the globe and told “GMA” about how he’s been given prayer shawls, scapulars and even holy water from places of worship around the world. He said he keeps these materials backstage on display.

Looks like the “throw a random bird” thread is gone as well.

Sucks, great flock of birds lost.

The TGR Gestapo has been quietly rounding up these threads deemed "offensive" and "impure" for deportation.

It's for the good of the community, they say!

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    The TGR Gestapo has been quietly rounding up these threads deemed "offensive" and "impure" for deportation.

You don’t think it is FA nuking his own threads?

oh pls if that were true it wouldn’t be threads like Jeopardy being nuked. this is about as benign as it gets here

So is this going to be the new jeopardy thread or should we start another official one?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    oh pls if that were true it wouldn’t be threads like Jeopardy being nuked. this is about as benign as it gets here

So is this going to be the new jeopardy thread or should we start another official one?
    Start another. This one's contaminated

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    You don’t think it is FA nuking his own threads?
    Who ever said FA wasn't part of the conspiracy? Or maybe it's more like a Manchurian candidate-type situation.

B-bear has a point though about the jeopardy thread being too inoffensive for removal. His PA threads remain un-deleted as well...

Who ever said FA wasn't part of the conspiracy? Or maybe it's more like a Manchurian candidate-type situation.

Brain washing seems a plausible theory. Maybe a severe case of post kraken stress syndrome.

Oh, well, this place has suddenly become a lot less interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Oh, well, this place has suddenly become a lot less interesting.

Yep...

These things happen over the course of an online life. In all the years I've been here I've seen it happen before and have even been there myself. Think of it like this: Bobby burned down the house because it was no longer livable. Eventually he'll rise from the ashes like a phoenix and find his place in the community again. It's a sort of cleansing. A rebirth. A new growth as it were. He just needs time and distance. We all do sometimes.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Assume the mods and better yet admins have checked that there is in fact a delete of the thread and not just a database issue? If some are coming up on mobile app then I would think it is something in the board and the database (but maybe not- what do I know about these things and computers in general)??

I think maybe he started deleting threads and then reconsidered and stopped.
    this is not a database or mod issue
    sounds like it's a personal issue and he is a great guy so I'm going to be supportive in not questioning his choices bc I'm just happy to have the discussion with like minded nerds as yourselves and figure Bob has his reasons

the threads can't be resurrected, so I just started a new jeo thread- Let it Snow!
    and pray to ullr that we get our budd back soon

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I needs time and distance. We all do sometimes.
    this is what I said to my husband yesterday when he jumped into the middle of my working, grabs the mouse out of my hand to show me a bike video and then farts while I'm seated at my desk and he is standing- so at my head height
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I think maybe he started deleting threads and then reconsidered and stopped.
    this is not a database or mod issue
    sounds like it's a personal issue and he is a great guy so I'm going to be supportive in not questioning his choices bc I'm just happy to have the discussion with like minded nerds as yourselves and figure Bob has his reasons

the threads can't be resurrected, so I just started a new jeo thread- Let it Snow!
    and pray to ullr that we get our budd back soon

this is what I said to my husband yesterday when he jumped into the middle of my working, grabs the mouse out of my hand to show me a bike video and then farts while I'm seated at my desk and he is standing- so at my head height

Sounds like you know more about it (but if it is showing up on mobile apps- explain that since it should be gone if it is removed from the database by the OP..), but the comment of "the threads can't be resurrected" is completely untrue if backups exist. But whether the thread should or could be restored is a completely different subject and issue outside of the technical issues of things like the database and all.
    Last edited by RShea; 09-19-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Unless he wants to erase his online existence completely, i see no reason why this and perhaps other threads shouldn’t be resurrected w backups.

it's my understanding that the manner in which they were deleted makes them irretrievable.
    I'll chk on the back ups, but as a mod I know that my current access does not allow me to resurrect deleted threads.
    So the request will go to tgr internal and I wouldn't hold your breath about getting that high on their priority list with it being film tour season etc

Much like strippers, I know you don't like change
    but is it that important in the big scheme of things to spend any more time on this situation that impacts you so very little?
    I'll keep you posted if I hear back on the resurrection but for now- Let It Snow!
    skid luxury