Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Anyone have some 180cm Metals they want to sell? I regret selling mine.

Also looking for beta on the Fastforward. I’m wondering about the small size for my wife. Not sure between 160cm vs 167cm…

How ‘quick’ do they feel would be my main question. I’m 5% worried the swing weight would bother her in moguls and tight spots as she isn’t a large person.

Selling or trading a mint pair of 186 Metals:

Name:  TheMetal1.jpg
Views: 1627
Size:  73.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    A better option would be to quit whining and go ski somewhere with less people around.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Aclimate Sports Drink- "Go higher feel better"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220205_060139923.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	933.1 KB 
ID:	404564

Stoked on how these turned out. Mounted them up at -6 right in time for a trip to the Kootenays this week. Looking forward to trying them out.

Probably the wide camera angle, but those look mounted pretty far back.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Noticed that too and had to double check, definitely just some camera fuckery going on

Quote Originally Posted by BWA View Post
    Noticed that too and had to double check, definitely just some camera fuckery going on
    that's actually -6? insane

Name:	PXL_20220207_161525587.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	404786

Here's a pic without the weird perspective. My Phone camera may have been on wide?

That's more like it! Let us know how the ski and tour. I was in the market, but ended up with the WNDR Intention 110. Curious how they compare because I love my masterblasters.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Any more intel on the Hotshot? Scored a pair cheap haven’t gotten them out yet.

Not sure if folks saw the project Crow and I are working on in a different thread. But we just put this review together on the V1 Friend for those who are interested:

https://www.experiencedgear.net/home/j-ski-friendv1
    Last edited by rfconroy; 03-10-2022 at 11:28 PM.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Needle in a haystack find. Been looking for some Bob Ross 184cm Allplays since they were released two years ago. J Skis is no longer making the Bob Ross edition.

Found a barely used pair on Sideline Swap this morning. Will report back once I have a few days on them this ski season.

Name:	731E8742-516D-4C25-B2B8-9620B76B90E9.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	330.8 KB 
ID:	426602

I skier the “Metal” years back & could get along (ok hated em…), yet I wanna buy J’s just bc how damn cool they look meow.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    I skier the “Metal” years back & could get along (ok hated em…), yet I wanna buy J’s just bc how damn cool they look meow.
    Ha!! Understood.

I’ve genuinely loved my J Skis Vacations the last two seasons. But I’m also more than willing to admit that top sheets matter.

The placebo effect in medicine is real. Take a sugar pill, believe it will help you for whatever your ailment may be, and it often does.

The placebo effect for top sheets (that personally resonate with you) is probably real too. Love the look of your new ski, and it may give you the confidence to ride like you have never ridden before.

I may be in the minority here but I’ve loved all the Js I’ve skied (masterblaster, metal, friend) - they are super intuitive, have great suspension, and can handle a lot more speed than you’d expect given the soft-ish flex. Definitely not the most precise or energetic skis though if that’s what you’re into.

Sweet find on those Bob Ross topsheets - those sold out super fast if I remember correctly

Used Bob Ross Allplays arrived. Initial living room impressions:

- for the most part, it’s a 2cm shorter, 6mm narrower, 150gm lighter Vacation
    - the top sheets and bases are amazing if you like the Bob Ross vibe
    - the Allplays do have significantly less tip splay and shorter tip rocker than the Vacations. Effective edge looks longer on the Allplays despite them being the shorter ski
    - the tail of the Allplays is slightly less rockered than the Vacations, but just as soft if not a touch softer. Does make me worry about the wheelie effect on backseat jump landings. The flex pattern in general is very similar though
    - this particular pair is mounted on the rec line at about -4cm from TC. I will probably remount to around -2.5 cm from TC given my personal preference for park skis

Excited to try them out this winter!

Name:	3D68E3E9-7ADE-4B58-AAE8-AD42D6F210E1.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	457.5 KB 
ID:	427342

Name:	5AB14603-09DC-4E2B-85BF-16EF4454CECE.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	551.7 KB 
ID:	427343
    Last edited by DGamms; 09-23-2022 at 09:02 PM.

Ok, first 5 resort days done on the 184 Allplays. Overall, no big surprises, in a good way.

Compared to my 186 Vacations, the Allplays are:
    - slightly less stable on rough groomers at speed
    - quicker to transition from switch to forward with less effort
    - lighter in their swing weight for spins
    - notably poppier when loading the tails
    - just as silly soft in the very tips/tails when I try my crappy butters

So far, I’m a big fan. Probably will be my DD for Park City skiing this year.

Hotshot 183 is my favorite ski for a chill day when it’s soft out with some fresh snow on the east coast.

Also have become a fan of my Hotshots, got some end of last year. Good ski and fits nicely in the middle of a 3 ski quiver. Handles our PNW maritime snowpack well in terms of our chop/crud/3d snow.

Allplay 184cm update after about 12 days on them this season…

I love them. Honestly, I probably need to sell my 186 Vacations. The Allplays ski park and 2D snow better than the Vacations. And while the heavier, longer Vacations likely ski off piste 3D snow better than the Allplays, I already own 186 Metals and 186 Sickles for that…

And both those skis outperform the Vacations in that setting.

Lastly: I have yet to wash out the tails on the Allplays on a backflip or rearward set trick. Despite the living room hand flex of the tails for both the Vacations and Allplays seeming similar…

Sample size is small thus far, so I reserve the right to change my mind. But right now, I’d say the tails of the 184 Allplays feel more stable than the tails of the 186 Vacations off of small/medium jumps.

Thoughts on slacker or escalator?

Anyone have time on the slacker or escalator? Thinking of one of these for 80/20 touring/resort, mainly short tours from Whistler.

HOTSHOT 183cm

I took them out for their maiden voyage today in North Lake Tahoe. Absolutely fantastic in the mixed creamy powder , Sierra cement, and cut up chop. Good float, superb suspension and damping in crud, easy to swing and turn. Super stable at speed yet easy when dialing it down.
    Rips and carves well (not just adequately ) on the groomers back to the lift . An absolute keeper. The hype is real. .. a wonderful ski.

I was concerned about going to short at 183cm since I’m 6’2” tall 195 pounds but no issues. Totally happy.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Yup, I’m on the same size with Pivot 15s. Some of the best suspension out there. Easy to roll on edge and tail a GS turn. Easy to pop off of anything. I wouldn’t mind a slightly longer radius, though I may just need to de-tune the tips a little bit. Gotta love maple and metal, not to mention supporting artists and made in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by SacTo View Post
    Yup, I’m on the same size with Pivot 15s. Some of the best suspension out there. Easy to roll on edge and tail a GS turn. Easy to pop off of anything. I wouldn’t mind a slightly longer radius, though I may just need to de-tune the tips a little bit. Gotta love maple and metal, not to mention supporting artists and made in Canada.
    I have pivot 15s on mine too. 6’2 and 200 and in 183s and love them. I wouldn’t mind a few cms longer but still love them in 183 and wouldn’t size up to 189. Great great skis.