Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Btw the factory tune edges, base, and wax on the Hotshot was superb. (I always take a gummy stone to the tips and tails of new skis albeit this is my first new pair of inbound skis in several years.)

Mounted w Salomon Strive 14 at factory recommended mount point . This almost 60 year old body doesn’t need anything more hard-core than that.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by samp View Post
    Anyone have time on the slacker or escalator? Thinking of one of these for 80/20 touring/resort, mainly short tours from Whistler.
    Purchased the Escalators on pre-order and just got them a few weeks ago, mounted with Shifts. Skied 3 days on East Coast groomers and then 4 days on a mix of groomers and up to 12 inches of powder at Vail over the last week. They had good float in the powder, felt easy to get on edge on groomers and hold it but definitely have more of a top speed on them compared to my Masterblasters. Have yet to tour on them but they are light.

Recommendations on 181 vs 187 for the updated Masterblaster? See some people saying the 181 was a lot of fun but others saying to size up.

Depends on what you’re looking for - more nimble or more chargey

I just picked up some 183 Hotshots to replace 182 MFree 108s as the DD in my quiver. MFree was a good ski but I was annoyed by firm snow performance and wandering tips in chop. I've only got two days on the Hotshots in firm (for Utah) conditions. It's likely a case of "new ski-itis" but I am psyched on these. After the third run I was skiing like an asshole. Compared to the MFree, the Hotshot is more composed at speed in variable and while carving. I'm hoping it does as well when it's soft.

Where are people mounting their hotshots? Have a pair of 183 blems arriving this week and am thinking of going 1-2 cm behind the recommended line to keep it consistent with my current skis (Enforcer 110). Will I die?

Will I die?
    Most certainly

Where are people mounting their hotshots? Have a pair of 183 blems arriving this week and am thinking of going 1-2 cm behind the recommended line to keep it consistent with my current skis (Enforcer 110). Will I die?
    I’m running the same length with Pivot 15s on recommended and they ski quite directional. I like to really pressure my tips too. 5’11”, 165lbs. Don’t forget to detune!

Quote Originally Posted by SacTo View Post
    I’m running the same length with Pivot 15s on recommended and they ski quite directional. I like to really pressure my tips too. 5’11”, 165lbs. Don’t forget to detune!
    Good to know - thanks!

Selling four pairs of skis on GearSwap hopefully, posted yesterday.

Sale is in part because my 182cm J Skis Joyrides should arrive tomorrow

Excited to try them out! I’m hoping they are the heavier, longer version of the Line TW Pro 179cm I used a few seasons ago.

Hotshot is a ski that I'd bet more on TGR would like if they had the opportunity to step into them...

Good to know - thanks!
    I’ve never been on the Enforcer 110s though.
    Seems like a redundant ski in your quiver-no?
    I mounted my 188 Rustler 11s at -1 and I probably should have mounted them at -2, or -3.
    My OG Masterblasters were also on the line.
    All with Pivot 15s

Quote Originally Posted by Fishskisurf View Post
    Hotshot is a ski that I'd bet more on TGR would like if they had the opportunity to step into them...
    Absolutely, JLev should throw a bunch of skis in a van and go on a tour a la Black Crows and let the people try them!

Absolutely, JLev should throw a bunch of skis in a van and go on a tour a la Black Crows and let the people try them!
    Based on discussion here, it's jumped way up my list! The amount of great 105-110 skis is absolutely insane right now.

I'm looking for a used pair of 189 Hotshots if anyone is holding.

I’ve never been on the Enforcer 110s though. Seems like a redundant ski in your quiver-no?
    Yes the hotshot is intended as a replacement, E110s relegated to rock ski after this years low-tide conditions at Whistler.

My hotshots are mounted on the line and I wouldn't want to go further back. But, I do to like to spin and ski switch.

I'm going to get them in some deeper snow tomorrow. I'll chime back in with how they fare.

Another pair of J Skis should arrive at my place tomorrow.

The 182 cm Joyrides won’t be a popular TGR Tech Talk ski. But I’m excited about them regardless. It will be my firm snow ski for low tide conditions. Never touch a rail, keep them sharp for old man pipe skiing when the days allow it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EF502534-882A-4031-B1F4-A088128070D1.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	448606

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I'm looking for a used pair of 189 Hotshots if anyone is holding.
    Duuuude, get in line

Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    Duuuude, get in line
    Haha, seriously. Been watching for awhile myself.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Haha, seriously. Been watching for awhile myself.
    I messed up and didn't pull the trigger a little bit ago when they had both current versions for $499 in the secret stash. LOVE the pair of 186 The Metal I have but do wish they were slightly longer and slightly more rear mounted so the Hotshot is a no brainer.

Hotshots mounted up, looking forward to trying them out this weekend. Blemishes minor to unnoticeable, and arrived in BC in a week with no extra taxes or import duties.

Name:	IMG_2452.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	381.2 KB 
ID:	449169

Hotshots mounted up, looking forward to trying them out this weekend. Blemishes minor to unnoticeable, and arrived in BC in a week with no extra taxes or import duties.

Name:	IMG_2452.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	381.2 KB 
ID:	449169
    Really sharp! I can't help but wonder why they didn't reverse the base/tops though the bases are sick as well

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Really sharp! I can't help but wonder why they didn't reverse the base/tops though the bases are sick as well
    Looking very nice!!

Name:	404AE1AE-D741-44D5-9EC3-92CD695EE742.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	739.5 KB 
ID:	449179

Joyrides with some eBay STH2 16s. Wish I could TGR some 90mm brakes. I went with some Al’s Ski Barn brakes just to get the job done…

Should be mounted up and ready next week.