Page 98 of 165 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 4118

Josh Daiek is a way better skier than me

I know trains are cool and all but the amount of crushing stacked into this video is seriously impressive.

Got to love some local (ish) stoke.

Drones in Wilderness?

I'm outraged!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    Have you been out there lately? That land is rapidly being covered by elevenbillionteen townhouses...not to mention funneling all of that traffic from Truckee into that area would be a bigger traffic nightmare than the mousehole.
    Yes I have... but I guess I wasn’t looking that closely. Just spitballing. What we’re doing now sure isn’t working.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I'm delighted to see my monorail post sparked a lively positive discussion about rail transport to/in the basin.

But y'all missed the fucking point.

MONORAIL, not down the 89, or along the lake.

Replace the rim trail, monorail on the ridges FTW. Peak to peak gondolas are so 1970s, step up the game and be the future!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Drones in Wilderness?

I'm outraged!
    Pretty sure that was a long ass selfie stick.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

yeah the new 360 degree cameras always hide the selfie stick
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I know the guy who filmed that and I can assure you he used a helium-filled balloon with a GoPro taped to it and then a very long piece of string. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Replace the rim trail, monorail on the ridges FTW. Peak to peak gondolas are so 1970s, step up the game and be the future!!
    I'm thinking build a four lane huge road from 267, right through Martis Camp that heads for the big meadow near the 06 road. Build a huge parking lot there and a monorail from there that goes to Squaw, Alpine and Tahoe City bus terminal. Maybe just pave over the whole Lahontan golf course for parking?
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    I'm thinking build a four lane huge road from 267, right through Martis Camp that heads for the big meadow near the 06 road. Build a huge parking lot there and a monorail from there that goes to Squaw, Alpine and Tahoe City bus terminal. Maybe just pave over the whole Lahontan golf course for parking?
    +1

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hey now, don't mess with the 6. That's my backyard.
    NIMBY6

Its 2020...where's the flying cars?

On the train issue, a dad at my daughter's school was really looking into a possible private train setup to Truckee from the Bay. Don't think anything came out of it but I'll ping him to see what he found.

trains are cool and all but when are we going to start flying in to SLT on 737s again?

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Its 2020...where's the flying cars?

On the train issue, a dad at my daughter's school was really looking into a possible private train setup to Truckee from the Bay. Don't think anything came out of it but I'll ping him to see what he found.
    One would have to convince the freight rail companies that it’d be economical for them to allow a private passenger train in that corridor.... or convince them to run the passenger trains themselves....

There’s that cool city aerial train thing in “run Lola run.” That’d be neat along the 89 corridor.

If i still lived in the bay I'd be betting the next best evolution of the slog to Tahoe will be a fully autonomous ride up where I can take a nap, snuggle the hottie, watch a movie, have a few cocktails while never looking at the road and have in n out dropped through the sunroof by a drone without stopping.

If i still lived in the bay I'd be betting the next best evolution of the slog to Tahoe will be a fully autonomous ride up where I can take a nap, snuggle the hottie, watch a movie, have a few cocktails while never looking at the road and have in n out dropped through the sunroof by a drone without stopping.
    You know what's crazy is that Lyft started as ZimRide, and ZimRide's initial carpool program focused on ride-sharing to and from Tahoe. I met one of the founders when that was still ZimRide's focus, and thought "wow, Tahoe carpooling - what a cool idea."

Turns out it wasn't that profitable. And I'm a dummy for not begging homeboy for a job.
    sproing!

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    I know both sports basement and one of the local ski shops here both run buses to tahoe. Granted it's not helpful in the context of Covid but it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    I know both sports basement and one of the local ski shops here both run buses to tahoe. Granted it's not helpful in the context of Covid but it's a start.
    And they include beer!

Heard today that Alpine County Sheriff spreading the word that SAR ops will result in a big bill for the rescuee.

“heard” where?

I live in Alpine County
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

I know Blue Lakes area is closed. And I know state fishing season has been delayed until May 31 in Alpine Inyo Mono counties
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Heard today that Alpine County Sheriff spreading the word that SAR ops will result in a big bill for the rescuee.
    Sounds like a phony flex IMO. Not sure they can just change state-wide SAR billing policy on the fly like that. I know there was a bill proposed several years back that was shot down. I believe they can charge a different county in the state if that's where the person being rescued is from. But not the individual.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Sounds like a phony flex IMO. Not sure they can just change state-wide SAR billing policy on the fly like that. I know there was a bill proposed several years back that was shot down. I believe they can charge a different county in the state if that's where the person being rescued is from. But not the individual.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    New to the thread and TGR ( ) but FWIW fine notices havent been posted to the county website (while other public notices have). Would think this would make the front page if true.

Haven't been out skiing in a couple weeks, been dedicating myself to long neglected home improvement projects.
    Anyone getting out want to chime in on the magical corn hour on N facing above 8K feet today?
    Do I need to go all MI and have this post self destruct in 10 seconds?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Haven't been out skiing in a couple weeks, been dedicating myself to long neglected home improvement projects.
    Anyone getting out want to chime in on the magical corn hour on N facing above 8K feet today?
    Do I need to go all MI and have this post self destruct in 10 seconds?
    I've been gardening like a boss and would like this beta as well...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If I were to guess today would have been about 2pm