Page 151 of 165 FirstFirst ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 4118
    Has anyone tried Fasa at Moment for bootfitting yet? He mounted a bunch of skis for me last year, but didn't need any boots done...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Has anyone tried Fasa at Moment for bootfitting yet? He mounted a bunch of skis for me last year, but didn't need any boots done...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Fasa’s an excellent bootfitter.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Just two? You forget about the locusts, RBG passing away, record hurricane seasone, give me a minute and I'll come up with more.
    remember how bad the fires in Australia seemed way back when
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post
    ^ people getting murdered by hornets

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Nah, they're no worse than the flu. No one I know has been stung so AFAIC they don't exist.

They do exist

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Nah, they're no worse than the flu. No one I know has been stung so AFAIC they don't exist.
    They do exist. From bike ride today. Got stuck under glasses.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eyeb.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	340831

Quote Originally Posted by nrob View Post
    They do exist. From bike ride today. Got stuck under glasses.Click image for larger version. 

Damn! That's gruesome. Hope you heal soon.

Joseph Merrick? Is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ouch. but look at the bright side. You only have to see half of this fucked up year. Hope that goes down quick though.

There are no Murder Hornets around these parts. Plus, if you look closely you'll see that was obviously a Vagina Hornet.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I’d smash

In other news, Tahoe area made the Detroit newspapers:

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/5830107002
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    In other news, Tahoe area made the Detroit newspapers:

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/5830107002
    "some locals [who] worry Tahoe could become another crowded, unaffordable playground for the rich." Could become? Maybe we're not at Vail level so I suppose it could get worse. How could the community survive if retired doctors can't afford to live here anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    There are no Murder Hornets around these parts. Plus, if you look closely you'll see that was obviously a Vagina Hornet.
    The way the critters are dropping those green, skull crushing, widowmaker pine cones in my yard, I would contend we've got Murder Chipmunks here in Tahoe.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    The way the critters are dropping those green, skull crushing, widowmaker pine cones in my yard, I would contend we've got Murder Chipmunks here in Tahoe.
    Maybe you could film one of those critters so we could see if the pine cone dropping is excessive.

Anyone around here who doesn't have a dent in their hood can't call themselves a local.

Meh; weak-jawed, tiny teeth slackers. Ours just leave piles of chips and shavings; fun to watch the rare blader face plant when encountered.

Had my windshield replaced last week, a casualty of last winter not a pine cone. However the guy doing the replacement said he was getting like 20 calls a day to fix windshields due to green pine cones.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Had my windshield replaced last week, a casualty of last winter not a pine cone. However the guy doing the replacement said he was getting like 20 calls a day to fix windshields due to green pine cones.
    Twenty years ago I was startled when some gnarly green cones dropped near me and learned to look up before leaving my car parked anywhere.

I've been rolling with a cracked windshield on my truck for like 3 years. I replaced it when I bought the truck used and it chipped and cracked a year later. Eff that.
    I had a friend visit from Massachusetts last year and laugh about it when I told him, he said he'd be pulled over within days in small town Mass for such a egregious violation. Lol.

Broken windshield is no joke if you've got cameras that have to be recalibrated. Not a driveway job anymore. Fortunately my insurance covered it but of course it's built into the premium.

Too many fires, not enough firefighters, conditions too favorable for fire growth. They don't want to risk fire starts from people in the forest, so we're banned. If you got handcrew experience or a dozer, I bet there's work for you. Bobcat fire guys said they could use more engines too.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Those are most likely Douglas Squirrels (aka Chickarees) that are dropping the pinecone bombs, not chipmunks...The little buggers have been going to town on the cones in my back and front yard for the last month, but thankfully, to date, have missed hitting my truck (my deck has incurred a few dents, though).
    Last edited by dookey67; 09-22-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Fall is here. That means it is unofficially the time to start arguing about whether or not we should start a new thread yet!

I say let her rip because we had artificial snow, in the form of ash, already falling over the last two weeks.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    Fall is here. That means it is unofficially the time to start arguing about whether or not we should start a new thread yet!

I say let her rip because we had artificial snow, in the form of ash, already falling over the last two weeks.
    But did anyone ski it?

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    But did anyone ski it?
    Probably not, but we can invoke the "Unprecedented Forest Closure Order Clause". I might have skied it if Smokey was not blocking the trailhead at Carson Pass. Then again, I bet Dookey or Vets skied it.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com