Page 156 of 165 FirstFirst ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 4118
    Edit?
    Last edited by TurxSki; 10-08-2020 at 09:37 PM.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

^^ he was just being chairitable.

I can assure you that Turx meant no harm - not his style
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Thank you all for clearing the posts that were inaccurate.

Stoked for.moisture this weekend. Please?

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post

Stoked for.moisture this weekend. Please?
    I want it, I want it, I want it. You caaaan't have it!

.FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
    SATURDAY EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS WITH A DURATION OF 6 TO 9 HOURS
    FOR THE TAHOE BASIN AND THE SIERRA FRONT...

There is a slight chance for a little rain Sat night.

Just great.
    Inside Zuri Truckee, everyone wearing masks except two chp guys in uniform.

But when they left, outside, they put their masks on!

I guess bring cops they are immune, and cannot infect others.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Just great.
    Inside Zuri Truckee, everyone wearing masks except two chp guys in uniform.

But when they left, outside, they put their masks on!

I guess bring cops they are immune, and cannot infect others.

Sitting at a table or ordering to go? It is a coffee shop with food.

Sitting at a table, for about 40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Just saw this...

"Recently Alpine Meadows donated the Lakeview chairlifts to the AMSV Foundation for them to sell to help support junior ski racing in Tahoe. Over the past weekend 50 of the 105 chairs went missing from the parking lot at Alpine. We are hoping it was just people thinking they were free for the taking and gobbled them up. These chairlifts help support our little rippers and we need them returned PLEASE! Times are tough and fundraising is nearly impossible for our non profits so please return them to the Subway parking lot ASAP."
    Any update on this?
    Last edited by meter-man; 10-13-2020 at 09:39 AM.
    sproing!

A message I sent to the Nevada County Health Director,

We live in Truckee at Donner Lake, next to a house that is a short term rental all spring, summer, and fall and a ski lease in the winter. This year we have observed week after week of rentals to multi-household groups. Last weekend there was a group of 15 teens or young adults with one older adult, apparently associated with a church group, judging by the lettering on their van. Currently there are two older adult couples. These multiple household indoor gatherings are exactly the situations that are responsible for the spread of SARS-CoV-2. We have also witnessed turnovers as short as 2 hours, clearly too fast to allow adequate cleaning. I am sure the situation is similar at other STR's in the Truckee area. While the Covid 19 cases generated by STR's Nevada County will likely be attributed to the victims' home counties and will not be captured in Nevada County's statistics, the impact of STR's on the spread of coronavirus should not be ignored.

Given that the landlord has no way to know when they are renting to multiple households, and given that there is no way to ensure adequate cleaning between parties I would urge you to reimpose the ban on short term rentals in Nevada County.

It’ll be interesting to know their response. I’ve had a few correspondences in the past few months. You’ll probably be told to contact Moon’s office for specific complaints and to follow-up with your supervisor. My supervisor typically picks up when I’ve called.

Some facts should always accompany hyperbole. Otherwise it just sounds like a rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    the impact of STR's on the spread of coronavirus should not be ignored.

Zero chance of them shutting down STR's again unless there's a serious outbreak. On the other hand, when do those new Truckee STR ordinances go into effect?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    It’ll be interesting to know their response. I’ve had a few correspondences in the past few months. You’ll probably be told to contact Moon’s office for specific complaints and to follow-up with your supervisor. My supervisor typically picks up when I’ve called.
    I'm not expecting a response. Figure it's one data point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powcruzer View Post
    Some facts should always accompany hyperbole. Otherwise it just sounds like a rant.
    I'm addressing a public health official. I think it's fair to assume they already know what I'm talking about. They were the one who shut down STR's in the beginning of the pandemic. If I were interested in convincing you I could give you more data, but I'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Zero chance of them shutting down STR's again unless there's a serious outbreak. On the other hand, when do those new Truckee STR ordinances go into effect?
    I'm not expecting them to do it on the basis of one complaint. If there are a lot of complaints of large gatherings maybe. The problem is that Nevada County may not see it's cases go up--any spread due to STR's would be felt in the Bay Area and Sacramento area, so if they rely on Nevada County stats to keep STR's open they will miss the problem. Which I'm sure they already know. It took a volume of complaints to get Truckee to act on the STR ordinance. The same may happen with the county. In any case, our ski season may depend on it--it would be a shame for the ski areas to be shut down because of a spike due to factors that are not directly due to ski areas. The ski areas can enforce masks, reservations, limited sales, no indoor dining all they want but if there's a spike they are an easy target.

The STR ordinance second reading is on the consent calendar for Oct 13. Assuming it passes, which should be pro forma, it goes into effect one month later. However, the ordinance itself contains later deadlines for registering STR's with a parking and garbage plan--I think maybe Jan 1 but I'm not sure, and to get fire inspected, which I think might be after next summer--maybe october 2021? I'm too lazy to look it up. The noise ordinance is town wide, not just STR's and I think it would go into effect 30 days after passage on Oct 13.

Interesting that the rules apply to all registered STR's whether they are ski leased or owner occupied at the time of a violation like a noise or parking complaint

In other news one of my snowblowers fired up first time. It's a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    In other news one of my snowblowers fired up first time. It's a Honda.
    Hopefully not for the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Any update on this? .
    Miscommunications between managers...one told employees it was okay to have some, not knowing another had promised them to SVAMF for fundraising. Plenty of hardworking employees probably appreciated someone throwing them a bone...SVAMF does good work too so seeing chairs go both ways probably works out okay
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

I have no idea what the Daily Herald is, but (N* parking)
    https://www.heraldextra.com/news/sta...e8a17c902.html
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Something interesting. The last time we had an Atlantic Hurricane season as active as this one was 2005. This was the 2005-2006 winter
    Alpine Meadows - 133%
    Kirkwood - 131%
    Mammoth - 178%
    Squaw (not on that page, but over 50')

http://bestsnow.net/seas06.htm

Well then, game on!

Who's fault is this? We should have started the new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NWSReno
    Long range ensemble guidance continues to be rather noisy and
    disheveled regarding any precip chances toward month`s end. The
    leading scenario, with about a 4/5 chance, continues a dry pattern
    through Halloween. Can`t rule out some breezy days but no one day
    stands out. A feasible but less likely scenario is we get some
    light rains and gusty winds after the 22nd, roughly a 1/5 chance.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Who's fault is this? We should have started the new thread.
    They should have added "and a 4/5 chance that it will be too warm to make snow".

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Something interesting. The last time we had an Atlantic Hurricane season as active as this one was 2005. This was the 2005-2006 winter
    Alpine Meadows - 133%
    Kirkwood - 131%
    Mammoth - 178%
    Squaw (not on that page, but over 50')

http://bestsnow.net/seas06.htm
    For a rather less optimistic take on the upcoming season (including the usual disclaimers about how less than reliable long-term predictions are), see the latest posting on http://weatherwest.com

^Not buying it. He uses the fact that it's a strong La Nina as a large part of his reasoning. 2010-11 was a weak La Nina (as was 05-06) and 16-17 was a strong one. I would take any of those.

I thought the main takeaway was that we can only expect more erratic and extreme weather events. Predictability is breaking down.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage