Page 105 of 165 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 4118
    u been stealth skiing the wall emcee? dayum that thing has been looking good.

nah -- I'm playing by the rules of no uphill travel inbounds, so finding new routes to my favorite places has been like a puzzle. And has resulted in a lot of funny stream crossings.

That photo is 'thunder bowl', not inbounds anywhere but still a great place to ski. It's amazing where your feet can take you from your front door!

BUMPING - update from MTBR [ETA: https://forums.mtbr.com/california-n...p-1136505.html]

Thank you everyone for taking a few minutes to comment! You are what makes this MTB community rad!

The Placer County Board of Supervisors is meeting on Thursday and they opened a page to comment where the comments will be added to the meeting notes!

Please comment so we can make this happen!

Include: Agenda Item: "Hidden Falls Trail Expansion Project"
    "I support the Hidden Falls Trail Expansion Project (your reason why)
    Include how more parking, more trailheads, spread out crowds, healthy activities or family activities benefit everyone.
    Your Name
    Your City
    That's it!
    https://www.placer.ca.gov/FormCenter...Submission-158
    (You do not need an account to comment)

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Thanks for the beta, Moko. I'll report back when I explore first hand. Heckacali, hope you get some workers' comp lined up. That sucks.

BTW, for all your MTBers, Auburn may be opening more trails up to MTB at Hidden Falls, but the Board of Supervisors needs your input NOW. Here's a cross-post from MTBR - pics and info there: https://forums.mtbr.com/california-n...l#post14729641

30 Miles of New Trails at Hidden Falls - We Need Your Help

Final hurdle. Half of the new trails have already been built, you just can't access them until we get approval! And these trails have rocks! And tech! See attached image. A quick email is all that is needed.

We need your comments to help convince the Placer County Board of Supervisors to approve approximately 30 miles of new trails and improved trail access and parking for Hidden Falls. The Placer County board of Supervisors will soon be voting on the Hidden Falls Trail Expansion Project and your voice needs to be heard to make it happen. Without your voice, it may not happen.

This is a rare opportunity for all of us, please take a few minutes to comment. Let's make this happen!

How to Email the Board of Supervisors

A quick email expressing support and why The Hidden Falls Trail Expansion Project is important to you and what city you live is all that is required. Just a few minutes of your time.

​Include:

"Dear Placer County Board of Supervisors,"

"I support the Hidden Falls Trail Expansion Project (reason why)

Include how more parking, more trailheads, spread out crowds, healthy activities or family activities benefit everyone. If you don't live in Placer county talk about how you spend money at local restaurants and other establishments when visiting the trails.

Your Name

Your City

That's it!

​Email all the members of the Board of Supervisors at:

bos@placer.ca.gov
    Last edited by meter-man; 05-15-2020 at 10:44 PM.
    sproing!

Those Mott pics are droolworthy. Holy damn. Gimpy, jfc man, sick pics.

Hit up Sports Hub yesterday - tons of skis (and boots) still in stock - all 50% off. Picked up some sticks for next season - now I just have to wait 6 months and PRAY the resorts open next year.

For you dirt slayers - True Grit in TD was dry up to about halfway up - above was snow - just before that fire road/below upper ML. Everything below was melted out and running great.

Johnson (formerly Negro) Canyon - still snowy - per my friends.

267 area - still snow on north aspects above 7500ish, good to go below.

Jackass is bufffff and ripping and a great place to ride with 125 of your closest friends.

2nd surgery in 2 weeks in the bag on Monday (my first two ever) - hopefully no others for another 4 decades.
    sproing!

2nd surgery in 2 weeks in the bag on Monday (my first two ever) - hopefully no others for another 4 decades.
    good luck!!

Did sports hub have used (demo) bikes for sale?

... and post pics in doggie stoke thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2826.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	805.4 KB 
ID:	328435Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2857.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	328436Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2937.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	328437

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A few visits to the city of summits. Batted .500 there this year with the worst conditions being on a micro headfull on bicycle day

Name:	IMG_2989.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	328439Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3015.jpg 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	328440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3045.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	766.4 KB 
ID:	328441Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3047.jpg 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	328442Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3134.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	328443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3202.jpg 
Size:	686.1 KB 
ID:	328444

The most reliable corn factory

Name:	IMG_2982.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	328445Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2986.jpg 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	328446

With a view of another that had shitty access most of this year Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2984.jpg 
Size:	826.2 KB 
ID:	328448

Name:	IMG_3259.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	328450Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3265.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	582.9 KB 
ID:	328452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3306.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1,001.5 KB 
ID:	328453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3311.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	328456
    And then the overnight temps went to shit n had to open up the playbook......... nw and west were the best........the west is the best

Name:	IMG_3705.jpg 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	328458Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3893.jpg 
Size:	944.6 KB 
ID:	328459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3901.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	328460Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3456.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	328461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3967.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1,010.5 KB 
ID:	328462

tbc

the title of MVP is not gained nor lost lightly

Right on Gimpy!
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    good luck!!

Did sports hub have used (demo) bikes for sale?

... and post pics in doggie stoke thread
    I hooked up a buddy with one of their used demo bikes (from last season) about 3 weeks ago. Screaming deal. But don't know what they have now - call em up!

It's a bike seller's market right now - everything getting snapped up quick - good time to sell.
    sproing!

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Thanks! I’ll give them a ring.

It's a bike seller's market right now - everything getting snapped up quick - good time to sell.
    Basically the exact opposite of trying to sell a used car right now. Ugh. Just sold my 2011 Honda Pilot for significantly less than I was hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Hypothetical question for the group. When do you think it's okay for non tahoe area residents to visit again? With a vaccine for covid-19 likely 18+ months away, are people planning on not going to tahoe until a vaccine is released? I'm not even talking about travelling just for skiing but rather visiting. It seems to me that shelter in place will gradually be reduced but that we're going to be living with this for a while. I'm curious to hear what people's thoughts are on this. From a personal standpoint, I'd love to spend some time in Tahoe in July but don't want to be an additional burden on the local community.
    Once California is in Phase 3, then it's all good since Phase 3 includes loosening of restrictions on hospitality/airbnbs, tourism, bars, large gatherings, etc. Might even be possible just prior to that stage as counties and local areas to start to work through Phase 2 openings and loosening of restrictions. This is all, of course, predicated on the assumption that numbers don't spike to the point of re-institution of shelter in place orders.

As for that the timeline for all of this is.... who knows but seems like things are starting to move forward. Maybe not fast enough for some people but here in SF, they're talking about allowing most businesses to open with modifications to "maintain" social distancing.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

I'm back with some classic vhs footage of Carson Pass on July 23rd, 1995. What a massive year!

I'm remember skiing the chutes atop Forestdale Rd (past the Patch) at the end of August. The road over the summit to Blue Lakes was still blocked by snow. That was a solo mission and there's no media.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CANoMGjjEhF/

I need to ski...

Just opened facebook to lots of Eldorado Forest Recreation sites, Ebbets, and Sonora Pass opening announcements. Have fun up there guys

^^^ Well...Cin was just telling me that a coupla resorts are opening for a Summer season.
    Timberline on Mt.Hood, and Beartooth Basin. Hafta make an online reservation 1st, not just show up.
    Rent an RV and get a posse together? Split the driving, make it in one shot?
    (Weird to think that we were skiing at MM into July last year...sigh...)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

My question about the passes is whether we can legally park a car 1) near Yosemite gate or at Ellery and (atop Sonora Pass or at switchback below)?

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    My question about the passes is whether we can legally park a car 1) near Yosemite gate or at Ellery and (atop Sonora Pass or at switchback below)?
    1) No idea
    2) There was a forest order prohibiting it but it has been rescinded https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/stanislaus/home STF-16-2020-02

Was thinking about Sonora tomorrow, is there a real chance there's no parking allowed up there?

they opened fishing season today instead of their rescheduled 5/30, .....thats the reason for the pass openings, .... certainly its not for the shredders

I was initially pretty amped up to get down there Saturday for a decent weather window, but Mono County making it pretty clear they don't want visitors https://coronavirus.monocounty.ca.gov/pages/reopening. The stage 2 requirements with their low population mean that just a couple cases could royally delay their business opening and I'm sure many of their businesses are hurting just as bad as the truckee tahoe ones that are just being able to open now.

Also FWIW don't get this virus, it sucks. I had a super mild case, but am still dealing with persistent lung pain 8 weeks out now. Down from 6 big tours a week to 2 very casual outings. I'm lucky as a lot of people had it way worse, but it's still scary to hear your doctor say, "it will probably clear up in a few more months, but maybe not. There is a lot we don't know about this virus."

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Hairpin is burned out, no snow bridge

Can’t comment if you would get hassled parking up there, was not an issue before the gates opened though

Last edited by TahoeBC; 05-15-2020 at 08:39 PM.