Page 119 of 165 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 4118
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    people from the bay are the most detestable scum on the face of the planet.
    There are millions of people in the bay area. Undoubtedly, some are scum. Similarly, some are not.
    The only thing I can actually gather from your statement is that you've never been to Florida.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    There are millions of people in the bay area. Undoubtedly, some are scum. Similarly, some are not.
    The only thing I can actually gather from your statement is that you've never been to Florida.
    POTD..... haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    people from the bay are the most detestable scum on the face of the planet.
    Hahaha.

Also, although not in Tahoe, we do get mail delivered in Truckee/East Nevada City.

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Not to derail the tourist asshole thread (one of my favorite topics). But, if you happen to ride the meadow above Bear Market give a quick thought for my buddy Mike who died there last month.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    RIP. I'll pay respects to Mike next time I'm through. Sounds like an awesome guy and a life well-lived. "His credo was laugh first, ask questions later and NEVER ask permission." https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/rg...&pid=196395322

Is that chainring plaque in Monte Carlo meadow? Good work on the plaque.
    Last edited by meter-man; 07-16-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    sproing!

Sorry for your loss scmartin. Was he a climber too or is that a biking reference?

Keeping in line with the tourists are assholes theme, one of my favorites is the guy from Truckee (Leif Johansen) who flew to Hawaii in May and immediately violated quarantine. He was seen on a personal water craft off the North Shore and then state authorities followed him to Costco where they arrested him. They have a pretty hefty fine for such behavior in Hawaii.

Fuck him and sincere props to Hawaii for their response. in the beginning it looked like it could get ugly there.

Sorry for your loss scmartin. Was he a climber too or is that a biking reference?
    Thanks! Not a climber, it's a "little" tongue in cheek as he was more of an XC guy and we're all DH/Enduro riders.

I get mail delivery in south lake, we rule 😉

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Fuuuuuck...

I did see someone say that the font of what this picture says is different from the actual font Facebook uses...hopefully that is the case and this is fake

Still not total convinced but the Mill Valley asshattery is trending...

https://sfist.com/2020/07/16/mill-va...-for-covid-19/

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC08 View Post
    Pretty sure this is from a meme page and is very fake...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    no fair pulling that shit on an old person

Peeps should be aware that tonight there is a large ecstatic dance party in the truckee area, 200-300 attendance. There was a similar party over the 4th weekend on the San Juan Ridge is west Nevada County that has resulted in a covid outbreak. If you are aware of this party or hear it, I suggest contact authorities. I believe the County is aware of the July 4th gathering (as of today) and addressing the contact tracing. I’m not sure who at the county is aware of tonight’s party.

I didn’t get the invite!

Wife and I will be trudging up KT in the morning...easy to spot.
    She’ll have the 30# pack with a toddler and I’ll have the 45# pack with a recent 3 year old. Game on!

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Peeps should be aware that tonight there is a large ecstatic dance party in the truckee area, 200-300 attendance. There was a similar party over the 4th weekend on the San Juan Ridge is west Nevada County that has resulted in a covid outbreak. If you are aware of this party or hear it, I suggest contact authorities. I believe the County is aware of the July 4th gathering (as of today) and addressing the contact tracing. I’m not sure who at the county is aware of tonight’s party.
    There was a pretty loud party in Tahoe Donner last night - couldn’t tell where exactly but somewhere in the Schussing / Hansel / Alder Creek area. There was enough of a collective din of voices mixed with music that I was trying to guess how many people. It had to be at least 50. Ugh. Pretty sure it was broken up since at one point there was a stream of cars leaving all at once.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Squeezed in some end-of-the-week turns yesterday.
    Side hill smoothness with nary a suncup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4732.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	334980
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    There was a pretty loud party in Tahoe Donner last night - couldn’t tell where exactly but somewhere in the Schussing / Hansel / Alder Creek area. There was enough of a collective din of voices mixed with music that I was trying to guess how many people. It had to be at least 50. Ugh. Pretty sure it was broken up since at one point there was a stream of cars leaving all at once.
    That sounds like another large-ish party. There was one like that in Pike about a month ago; a bday party with over 100 people attending.

These larger ecstatic dance parties are intentionally clandestine. They are commercial events. There’s an article on yubanet related to the party that occurred over the 4th.

it mentions all the parties mentioned here.
    https://yubanet.com/regional/attende...and-stay-home/

it mentions all the parties mentioned here.
    https://yubanet.com/regional/attende...and-stay-home/
    Yes. Yubanet is in the loop (we all know each other).

Folks, if you are aware of any of these on-person parties, please do the right thing - do not attend, discourage others from attending, inform your counties, public health, environmental health, and sheriff. The LE are charged with enforcement of the covid orders. The organizer and property owners are likely going to get the book thrown at them for the July 4th party, from breech of PayPal terms, to organizing and hosting large gatherings in violation of Covid orders, to commercial events permitting violations, to likely code enforcement (after the property is inspected by the county).

Here’s the official statement from the event organizer, Joshua Swahe,
    “Dear Nevada County Residents, Firstly, I was asked to clarify that I'm not a resident on the North San Juan Ridge. Second, Americans right to Peacebly Assemble is guaranteed by the First Amendment. Third, young people have been and will continue private gatherings all over this County, and shaming us all isn't going to stop it. A focus on Transparency, harm reduction, contact tracing, and more easily available testing is necessary to slow the spread as gatherings much larger than ours continue to happen here.Here's a reality check about Nevada County. There have been, and continue to be, events larger than ours occurring here. As I type this, there are 2 parties tonight with hundreds of people in attendance, one on the Ridge, and one outside of Truckee. The week before our Assembly happened, many friends who live around Nevada City/Grass Valley were at another gathering on the Ridge with 200 people. Many friends here also went to Fourth of JuPlaya over the 4th of July weekend with 1,000+ people, and next week, more friends here are going to another Burning Man event an hour away with 1,500-2,000 people expected. My point is, many large events are happening in this area almost every week, which don't have the level of Corona Care that we took in our event. Young people everywhere are going to continue to privately gather as Covid continues to spread throughout the US. We wanted to do the best job possible to not spread it beyond the people who chose to come. Our Covid Strategy for the Event was multilayered:1. - Everyone received Green, Yellow, or Red wristbands, to choose to interact at whatever level felt most comfortable to them. Green - Had been isolating for 2 weeks or moreYellow - Had isolated 1 week or moreRed - No Social Distancing the previous last 2 weeks.Fluorescent - If you wanted everyone to stay 6 ft from you.Locally made hand sanitizer was available all around the grounds.
    Most everyone at the event had a Red wristband. We handed out less than 10 Fluorescents. Social Distancing was respected during the event for those with masks and who wanted it. I sent two preliminary emails advising everyone to isolate for 7-10 Days after our event, it was also written in the Event Description, and on the Rules upon Entry. 7 days after the event - when 3 people started to report fatigue, headaches, and fever - an email was sent to everyone that there was some covid potential happening, and they should isolate for a longer period of time. On July 16 we learned that 1 Covid test came back positive (after 5 negative tests), that alert was immediately sent out to everyone as well, with the instructions to act like you have covid, isolate, and keep your breath particles to yourself. A local friend who works for the municipality in NVC said our contact tracing has been much more thorough than when his branch was shutdown due to the "second wave" - but they didn't tell the entire department it was actually his co-worker who tested positive. I hear everyone's concern about the spread of Covid in Nevada County and how to stop it, and it seems clear that the current response and capability is not good enough to deal with the reality, and sending a ton of hate my way is not actually making you safer at all.
    People are going to continue to gather in large numbers on private lands all around here, and you're unlikely to stop this natural human need until the pandemic is over. This event attracted so much attention, because we were 100% transparent and aiming to be as responsible as possible by sharing covid info and testing locations immediately with all attendees. I don't know of any other events in this area that even tried to contain potential spread, so if you all want to minimize your risk, then stay at home and stay safe. Coronavirus isn't going anywhere, and herd immunity is already happening in some boroughs of New York with positive populations of 68% in some areas. Sweden never locked down and treated its citizens like responsible adults, and after a spike of deaths (from nursing home mismanagement) in Mid-April, has steadily decreased down to nearly zero per day.
    As for accountability and moving forward towards reconciliation, we could have definitely done more to make sure community spread doesn't happen. The one person who tested positive who wasn't there, is not even clear if they gave it to the attendees or vice versa because of how quickly One event I know is requiring negative covid tests for all attendees, or charging an extra $50 if they don't - and doing temperature checks upon entry. The adaptation and learning best practices will hopefully continue, not from me, but many other organizers.Consenting adults all over this county who know the risks are still going to gather, and if we want the best health outcome for the elderly, immunocompromised, and minority communities - integration might be a good move, rather than driving thousands of these people even further underground. I'll let you all figure out the best way to move forward with this very complex issue, sorry if it sounds like I'm preaching too much.
    Finally, after receiving numerous death threats after this blew up, it would be alot easier for me to say Fuck This, leave this County forevor, and not try to help slow the spread and bring more awareness around the reality we're all facing together. Maybe I still will do that after the inevitable outrage this statement will bring. But I've been speaking in depth with one influential elder on the Ridge about keeping up the contact tracing, encouragement of testing & isolation we have already been doing, along with reconciliation and healing steps moving forward, so I'd like to see that through.
    In Peace, Health, and Freedom ~ Joshua”

That’s why this country is so fucked right now due to selfish shits like Joshua

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    That’s why this country is so fucked right now due to selfish shits like Joshua
    Politics don’t come into play when people of all political stripes choose to act like assholes.

My employer had an awards banquet for 68 indoors last night. I reported them to the Douglas County Dept of Health.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
    Politics don’t come into play when people of all political stripes choose to act like assholes.
    Agreed dumbfucky is a equal opportunity employer

I have.

Bay area entitlement in on par with florida stupidity.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Agreed dumbfucky is a equal opportunity employer
    To add, my wife and I successfully hauled a 10 month old and a 3 year old to the top of KT and Eagles Nest. Empty hike aside from a Hippy Couple behind us and two Ultra Runners that were training. Pretty easy to get away from the hoards.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I have.

Bay area entitlement in on par with florida stupidity.
    Possibly. But holy fuck the stupidity coming out of my FB friends (and way moreso their friends) there is astonishing.