Page 70 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 4118
    I've been running through the Presidio the last few days and daily baseball training with my son on the Parade Grounds. If I take the trash out, my wife wants me to burn my clothes. To make this ski related, I still need to grab my gear from Squaw. I've been buying old VHS ski films off Ebay, so I have a healthy stock of classic ski films to get me through a total lockdown scenario. Home schooling the kids sucks btw.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    I've been running through the Presidio the last few days and daily baseball training with my son on the Parade Grounds. If I take the trash out, my wife wants me to burn my clothes.

"Setting up an area for performing formal decontamination can seem intimidating..."

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    I've been running through the Presidio the last few days and daily baseball training with my son on the Parade Grounds. If I take the trash out, my wife wants me to burn my clothes. To make this ski related, I still need to grab my gear from Squaw. I've been buying old VHS ski films off Ebay, so I have a healthy stock of classic ski films to get me through a total lockdown scenario. Home schooling the kids sucks btw.
    I have Betamax ski vids. If your buying
    . . .

I have Hot Dog on VHS...

Snow is as good as it’s been all year, especially after a couple days of wiggling in low angle
    Post work yesterday
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0085.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	321036
    Tbc early this morning

Name:	IMG_0137.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	321037

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

super fun base depth right now
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I'm hitting stuff early to avoid crowds and to help the wife manage a 3.5-year-old, an 8-year-old, a 4-month-old puppy, and a 16-year-old dog during the quarantine.

This morning on Incline was awfully pretty. And I was alone.

Wow. What a difference a week can make. Looks absolutely stunning, so refreshing to see everything snow covered

Weird story coming out of AM.
    Employee found dead in car. Witnesses say 25yr old instructor chose to spend night in car instead of accommodations.
    No word if CO poisoning from engine running, or hypothermia.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

^^ Big snow storm probably covered up the tail pipe. I remember that happened to someone in the Squaw parking lot maybe 9-10 years ago.

And the before and after...

All these new snow pics are killing me! But please don't stop posting for those lucky enough to live in the mountains and able to get out. This might be the final impetus to move to the mountains and get into touring!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Goldilocks day. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0057.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	321151Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0061.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	321152Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0064.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	321153

Couple from today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a great week of dawn patrol. Today was probably the best snow I’ve skied all year on the east side. A few from earlier and then today

Name:	IMG_9158.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	523.8 KB 
ID:	321184

Name:	IMG_1985.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	896.4 KB 
ID:	321185

Name:	IMG_9175.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	876.0 KB 
ID:	321186

Name:	IMG_9168.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	678.3 KB 
ID:	321187

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Keep the stoke coming. In a few days I'm heading to my place in Truckee, haters be damned (up until early February I've been splitting my time 50/50 up there anyway the past several months). I can drive there and back without filling up my gas tank and will bring a bunch of food and supplies so zero impact on local shoppers. It'll be like I was never there, except maybe to support some friends who own local restaurants and get some take-out. They are hurting badly since they're even more tourist supported than a lot of other places.

Edit: ;-)
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 03-19-2020 at 11:18 PM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Keep the stoke coming. In a few days I'm heading to my place in Truckee, haters be damned (up until early February I've been splitting my time 50/50 up there anyway the past several months). I can drive there and back without filling up my gas tank and will bring a bunch of food and supplies so zero impact on local shoppers. It'll be like I was never there, except maybe to support some friends who own local restaurants and get some take-out. They are hurting badly since they're even more tourist supported than a lot of other places.
    Not a hater, except hating everyone ignoring our small town's capabilities in the face of the shitstorm.
    Please stay away for a while. All of you.
    We all thank you, even the restaurant owners you think you can help.

https://www.placer.ca.gov/6477/COVID...o-stay-at-home

Yeah man I don’t think anyone intended their stoke to encourage that nonsense

El dorado county also
    https://yubanet.com/regional/el-dora...lter-in-place/

My girlfriend is a nurse she has been talking to some of her nurse friends around the country. It’s not just killing old people, they are putting people on ventilator’s in there 40’s and 50’s. Btw her friends said every one they have put on ventilators have died

Checking out of this thread till this blows over, see ya all next year hopefully
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 03-19-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Never in my life have I felt so justified in saying GO BACK TO THE BAY FUCKER!

Okay, that's off my chest. I just canceled a northern rockies/cascade trip that's been a year in the making and involves nothing but a few camper trailers and 4 people, certainly you part time ' hella locals' can get a fucking clue. Stop traveling. Idiots.

Okay now I feel even better. For real. Stop coming here. I've already talked to bgnight and he's gonna chemtrail yo ass.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Mammoth is doing it right with their messages. Only full time residents should be in town. These second homeowners are all racing up here because shelter in place sucks in the bay so most are already all here.

4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Went for a anti coronavirus walk thru the neighborhood this evening.
    Made sure to practice strict “social distancing” if I encounter anyone, as well as not make eye contact or return any greetings. Can’t be to careful. Jk.

Name:	AF3EB721-9379-4326-806F-4388A794649A.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	543.4 KB 
ID:	321200
    Lots of cool clouds this evening. Snow down burst in the Virginia Hills.

Name:	4DB9FDF5-D893-4274-B8FE-FC0973B0E16B.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	330.4 KB 
ID:	321201
    Got a glimpse of Mt Rose and the Chutes. Just wondering if anyone has hiked them and skied them yet?

was goin to post up some stoke from a glorious day but am feeling conflicted to do so if its going to encourage bay folk to come up here. second home owners really need to stay where their first home is. sorry but thats whats up for awhile. still no confirmed cases in el dorado county

Some localities are kicking second home owners out which is just fucking stupid because it puts them back on the road. Shelter in Place.

To be fair, driving to the trailhead, requiring filing up your car, and trips around town is not much better than what TahoeJ describes. And no where has enough beds, masks or respirators, so weather a sick J overwhelms Napa or Truckee is mute. To think it is not in community is just wrong. Plenty of confirmed cases already in Placer.

J, I would consider getting stuck up there, away from your family. Things are changing fast. Roads may close.

From a health professional who I spoke with. You should get outside to recreate, but you should bike or hike from your door. Using your vehicle to get to recreation is not essentials. Exercise and fresh air is. You can get that with out your car. Vehicles require fuel (virus vector at the pump),police on the road and emergency services we can’t afford right now.

Hard choices. I’m missing the snow and fantasize about having ended up at KW. instead of here. But even there I planned to hike from the cabin. OTOH, learning to like mountain biking again has not been horrible. And I have a way deeper pantry here. And a bathroom to paint and hang cabinets in.