Page 57 of 165 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 4118
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Holy shit. I can't believe how different Sherwood looks after just one month. Last day I was there was January 26th and all of those chutes in South Bowl were absolutely loaded and looked like natural half pipes.

Pretty happy with my decision to go for it as much as possible back in December and the first half of January. I'd be losing my shit right now otherwise.
    Hey J, it looks like we were almost on the same schedule as prior to yesterday I last skied Alpine 3 days after you did. I was surprised at how much had melted as well. Here's a comparison from then to now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1742.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	395.5 KB 
ID:	317584
    Sherwood Bowl on January 29th.

Name:	IMG_1723 2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	961.1 KB 
ID:	317585
    Sherwood Bowl yesterday February 25th. Ouch.

We were at Rose monday afternoon. Enjoyed it a lot. Corn on Sunrise and chalky bumps on Sunset. Didn't go in, but they opened Chute gates on main side.
    ~ Cin is just telling me of a 'troller down at Rose. He was on a groomer, (Bonanza), caught a rock, slid a long way on the hardpack, down into a tree, broke leg
    ☆Be careful out there Maggots☆
    Heading to HV this afternoon to see what's up.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Looking like a (cough) deep pow day Sunday morning?????????
    EDGE DEEP! Make sure to wear your beacon. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    We were at Rose monday afternoon. Enjoyed it a lot. Corn on Sunrise and chalky bumps on Sunset. Didn't go in, but they opened Chute gates on main side.
    ~ Cin is just telling me of a 'troller down at Rose. He was on a groomer, (Bonanza), caught a rock, slid a long way on the hardpack, down into a tree, broke leg
    Time for the inbounds whippet?
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Name:	60444185821__EBAF619B-E74A-4AA2-88F9-F9A5B3D32D7D.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	317614

Good snow top to bottom. So fun.

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Quote Originally Posted by shakyknees View Post
    It took me awhile to figure where this is . . .
    Walked past the bottom of it with you at least one or twice, went more or less directly there with lift access, went into it blind and ended up being a lot narrower than I’ve seen it in years past.

Skied Heavenly side country yesterday, ok corn but the traverse back into killebrew is getting thin, and some dry tooling on the rim trail out of killebrew

Gimpy on one of four runs we skied today, very well developed corn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright,
    Despite it being a bit tough to leave Colorado, my brother-in-law and I have been having fun through the first half of our Tahoe Adventure (Kirkwood and Heavenly).

We've transferred north and are now in Tahoe City.

This afternoon we drove up to Squaw to have a look from the base and were immediately overwhelmed with options. We're happy we went in this direction, going from Squaw / Alpine Meadows down to SLT may have been a bit disappointing.

Given the snow conditions, anyone have a quick and dirty for Squaw / Alpine Meadows?

So here's a question. Now that covid19 seems more than likely to appear at a ski resort near you what response will we see? Closing of the funitel at squaw? Gondola at the heave? Seems like the trams would probably be shut down by authorities. Will the resorts use it as an excuse to throw in the towel? Obviously a lot of this depends on what happens with the case in Solano. But if person to person transmission is ongoing it seems like a relevant question.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Looking like a (cough) deep pow day Sunday morning?????????
    coronavirus? are you the guy in Solano county?

But yeah gets a teeny bit better every update

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I skied the afternoon at Rose on Monday as well. Fun day. Snow was firm, fast and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Sherwood run is so thin in spots I'm not sure they can even groom it. If something doesn't change soon the Sherwood side may only have another two weeks or so left before it's done.
    Sunday was last day of grooming on Sherwood main run due to snow depth. If we don’t get much snow soon and they can’t keep a groomed option back to the return road Sherwood won’t be open much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Alright,
    Despite it being a bit tough to leave Colorado, my brother-in-law and I have been having fun through the first half of our Tahoe Adventure (Kirkwood and Heavenly).

This afternoon we drove up to Squaw to have a look from the base and were immediately overwhelmed with options. We're happy we went in this direction, going from Squaw / Alpine Meadows down to SLT may have been a bit disappointing.

Given the snow conditions, anyone have a quick and dirty for Squaw / Alpine Meadows?
    Sent you guys a message. I'm headed up to Alpine. If you're around, hit me up. Otherwise enjoy the spring skiing.

TL;DR - Heavenly or Kirkwood this weekend?

I ended up with an Epic Pass this season I didn't intend to have but couldn't get Vail to budge so, with almost no snow on my local mountains (Dodge and Bear Valley), I'm meeting up with a college pal to do Saturday and Sunday in Tahoe this weekend.

I imagine it's all about the same but thought I'd see what the Tahoe local crew thought about the conditions between Heavenly and Kirkwood headed into this weekend.

'Bout the same or has one held up a bit better than the other this season? TIA gang!

(I see Kirkwood has a Tahoe Juniors series going on this weekend too - dunno if that has any impact on crowds/lines..?)

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    So here's a question. Now that covid19 seems more than likely to appear at a ski resort near you what response will we see? Closing of the funitel at squaw? Gondola at the heave? Seems like the trams would probably be shut down by authorities. Will the resorts use it as an excuse to throw in the towel? Obviously a lot of this depends on what happens with the case in Solano. But if person to person transmission is ongoing it seems like a relevant question.
    I thought about this too. It definitely increases my odds of opting for the skin track if it ever snows again, especially on a weekend.

I thought about this too. It definitely increases my odds of opting for the skin track if it ever snows again, especially on a weekend.
    Because the funitel may be shut down or because you don’t want to catch it?

Quote Originally Posted by StickyFingers View Post

I ended up with an Epic Pass this season I didn't intend to have but couldn't get Vail to budge so, with almost no snow on my local mountains (Dodge and Bear Valley), I'm meeting up with a college pal to do Saturday and Sunday in Tahoe this weekend.

I imagine it's all about the same but thought I'd see what the Tahoe local crew thought about the conditions between Heavenly and Kirkwood headed into this weekend.

'Bout the same or has one held up a bit better than the other this season? TIA gang!

(I see Kirkwood has a Tahoe Juniors series going on this weekend too - dunno if that has any impact on crowds/lines..?)
    Kirkwood has more snow. It's also better on a saturday if yours isn't blacked out cause most of ours are. Not sure what the junior series (race or comp) is but either way it doesn't bunch things up where you want to ski. Arrive early and keep an eye on the winds. Sunday depends on the storm, who gets the most snow (prolly Kirkwood), and the winds. If we don't get snow and it's cold well then yer fucked

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Because the funitel may be shut down or because you don’t want to catch it?
    Just avoiding large crowds in general...

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Kirkwood has more snow. It's also better on a saturday if yours isn't blacked out cause most of ours are. Not sure what the junior series (race or comp) is but either way it doesn't bunch things up where you want to ski. Arrive early and keep an eye on the winds. Sunday depends on the storm, who gets the most snow (prolly Kirkwood), and the winds. If we don't get snow and it's cold well then yer fucked
    Hah! (Laughing at the possibility of being fucked)

Thanks for the reply - and I think my last blackout dates on the Epic were a couple weeks ago so I'm good there.

That's one of the things about my local mountains - we don't get the depth y'all get over in Tahoe and we don't have the acreage but Bear and Dodge almost NEVER have lifts on wind holds.

Glass 1/8 full?

It's not the blackout dates it's the no kirkwood on saturday for the Tahoe Value pass. Winds shouldn't be too much of a problem Saturday as long as you get there fairly early. They're suppose to rise throughout the day but the wood is usually okay with sw winds.

Lol, even better reason to avoid the Funi!

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Alright,

I'm sure there are better people out there to give you pointers but will try

Squaw
    -KT22 for steeps and drops. Start off east bowl in the morning then follow the sun around (I think).
    -Granite chief for short steep shots and potentially better snow
    -Headwall - little bit of everything.

Weather changing this weekend so all could go to bulletproof hardpack on Saturday then dust on crust on Sunday. Wind will help make some areas deeper and maybe there's somebody who might be able to comment on those favored areas.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Oh... and if the skiing sucks. Just post up at the Chammy - the people watching alone can be worth it.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Oh ya, heres a link to the saga of the beat-up old Praxis NV doomsday...if anyone is interested.

Osgood Mountains

-W

Let's hope this storm gives us something. NV needs it too!

Name:	original.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	681.6 KB 
ID:	317813

Quote Originally Posted by StickyFingers View Post

Kirkwood.

Off chair 6 they have five runs groomed. All steeper than anything groomed at Heavenly. Chair 10 also has a run groomed.

Off 4 there is a gully skiers left of Cold Shoulder that is still holding winter snow as of last Saturday. Main routes down Thunder Saddle (from two man chute left) is holding nice steeper winter snow.

Not sure if there is anything but groomers and spring conditions at Heavenly.

If we get any snow at all, KW is only going to get better.

I am moving to the SLT area next month to take a position at Barton Memorial. I have looked into housing on the facebook group, craigslist, roomies, etc but figured I would cover all my bases and make a post here. Looking for either a one/two bedroom or a roommate situation. If you are in need of a roommate or have a house renting out give me a shout and maybe we can work something out. Bonus if it has a garage or storage for gear.