Page 87 of 165 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 4118

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Some random idiot on the internetz wrote:

Just stop.
    Attachment 324107
    Last edited by mcski; 04-05-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    You're in the medical field?
    I don’t want to disagree with Dr. BGnight .

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Not sure what you are worried about. The "virus" is hoax. You can't get sick from it. It is an implosing economy thing. All made up by fuckwads.

Or you could follow the stay near home recommendations issued by the state and just stay near home.

Usually I prefer to listen to random idiots on the internet tho.

.... Is there really a 5K fine for touring? Or did you just make that up? Down here Shelter in Place violations are like $60 fines.
    USFS Order. Fine if enter forest from anywhere other than Trailhead, OT. Google is your friend. I don't make shit up, tour my backyard 27 feet from my ski partner and wear PPE under my ski gloves.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Rider View Post
    USFS Order. Fine if enter forest from anywhere other than Trailhead, OT. Google is your friend. I don't make shit up, tour my backyard 27 feet from my ski partner and wear PPE under my ski gloves.

That got me concerned, but here's the order: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...EPRD716426.pdf

The fine is for entering "Developed Recreation Sites or portion thereof, except trailheads" - i.e., the closure is for campgrounds, picnic areas, ski resorts, etc. Not everywhere on the Forests.

Is there another order prohibiting all access to the forest? Because, unless you're skiing a campground, or a closed ski resort, that USFS closure doesn't apply.

Hope that makes ya rest a bit easier. It worked for me.

Here's the list of USFS closures for the LTBMU: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/ltbmu...TELPRDB5114409
    sproing!

soooooo, its ok to enter the forest from a th still?

i agree w bg that our civil liberties are going to take a hit from this thing. where i disagree is where he claims this thing is a hoax. i see this as another 9/11 > patriot act. 9/11 certainly happened and the patriot act was drawn up to "protect" us from terrorists. who cant get behind that? well, under the guise of intercepting terrorists transmissions, our government can now legally tap phones, computers, etc of the entire population whether they are suspects or not. just wait and see what legislation is drawn up in the wake of this thing.

Or your backyard. Meter-mans post clarifies well and makes sense. You can enter undeveloped areas of the forest from areas other than the trailhead. The trailhead is the only developed site you can enter. Just not park near. Those same rules apply down here. Beach and trailhead lots are closed. Access is still open, but you need to get there another way.

I agree with you gimpy that our civil liberties will take a hit. It is too bad, as this was avoidable. As much as I am a cunt in this thread, I don't want to get into the politics of this moment here. But there is no way the virus should have gotten this foothold in our country.

I also agree with hercule33, the curve is not looking good in Tahoe/Placer and they may be shifting towards heavier restrictions to keep your small hospitals from being hit hard.

No doubt about it gimpy. As I said to someone else recently, one possible dystopian outcome is that we're going to need a COVID-ID card that reads one of three things: (1) immune, (2) vaccinated, or (3) transmitter. COVID-ID must be presented to fly, shop, work, or school. Terms and conditions apply.

Since the closures, this winter storm, the paranoia, the fear, the loathing, the mind control, and the rational fears of dystopian outcomes all suck no matter which way they are sliced, how about a little stoke-revival? Post up some goods to laugh at, stoke on, or drool over.

ETA: are you kidding me?? TGR's damn photo uploader isn't working...argh!!
    sproing!

so where is this curve on tahoe/placer you guys are talking about? the one hercule posted is for the usa as a whole country, which obv includes ny which is blowing the fuck up. from what i understand, california is already flattening the curve. we were the first to have stay at home orders and the results are showing that its working. we are far from out of the woods but apparently we are on the right path. looking at videos of packed ny subways , i really dont see how they are ever going to flatten the curve......till everyone gets it.
    for the record, ....... i suspect i already had this thing in early december after flying for thanksgiving. i acually quit puffing for the entire month of december because of lung fuckery. i would really love to take an antibody test to confirm my suspicion

Quote Originally Posted by mr. hankey View Post
    BTW, if I ever do a first ascent of any rock or ice route, I've decided I'll name the route "a modicum of positivity". Just sounds cool Before that, my placeholder was "Boning Mother Teresa"... Not sure why, just felt like it would fit in with some of the modern route names. LOL. It's a moot point, cause It prolly wouldn't have ever happened anyway w/my climbing level...
    I hope it's a 5.11 runout offwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Has the broken leg guy been roasted here yet? This is how easy you can go from being a questionable cunt to a confirmed cunt that is unnecessarily using up medical supplies.

https://www.tahoedailytribune.com/ne...AwNKIRgpiBufX8
    Would you compare his actions to, say, that of Hitler or Goebbels?

Maybe dial back the judgmental turdliness a tad? I realize that you strongly believe that this is a black-and-white issue and that you've got it so figured out that you can summarily and very loudly pass judgment. But maybe . . . just maybe . . . consider the possibility that you, mcski, don't actually have it all figured out. If you're not comfortable with that, may I suggest a more suitable forum to express yourself, one where you can be surrounded by the similarly enlightened, such as the comments section of YouTube or foxnews.com.

For the record, I haven't skied in a long while. I've been running in my neighborhood on asphalt, which I've really struggled to enjoy. Kudos to all who are making the best of this. I'm trying but am pretty damn miserable. Of course, it's much more than the skiing. Nevertheless, skiing is an important part of my life. Yes, it's a form or recreation and a privilege. But it's also much more than that. It's what I look forward to the most. It's also been my release valve for stress and anxiety. And now, when I need that release the most, I don't have it. Nor can I climb or trail run or even go to the gym. And, in the past, this forum used to be a kind of escape, but now it's just the worst.

Anyhow, in an effort to offset my own bitterness above, here's a happy-place photo from a few years ago*:

*Warning: Please do not, based this photo, drive to the Sierra to ski. I similarly will not use your social media posts as an excuse to drive to the Bay Area to see your beautiful redwoods, pet your adorable dog, eat your freshly baked cookies, or hump your attractive significant other.

Maybe you’re right. I’ll join the rest of you selfish fucks and come make some turns. Why shouldn’t I get some too.

You post amazing TRs and I wish I had a fraction of your ability, but stay home means stay the fuck at home.

The point of the guy breaking his leg is that even out meadow skipping you can still find yourself needing SAR. Don’t be that guy

I have a better solution. Take your computer/tablet/smartphone and throw it out the window.

Back to the happy place:

Well, you edited your post after I had already replied, which is no fair.

Look, I understand that you feel passionately about this. But can you also see that reasonable people can disagree on this point? I think a slight majority of people think that it's tolerable for people to go out for some moderate exercise, even though there's the small risk of an accident, whether it be skiing, biking, hiking, running, etc. Not all reasonable people agree that we're at a point yet where we need to absolutely barricade ourselves inside.

Serenity now:

I thought the photo uploaded wasn’t working.
    It’s a miracle.

i think the stay at home order is much more black and white when u live in a large metro area with people living on top of each other, sharing elevators and front doors and all sharing the extremely limited outdoor public spaces. in the mountains or rural areas, we all have our own private front door and acres of uninhabited space and can very easily avoid all close contact with other humans other then going to buy food, meds, booze/weed etc. People up here have been taking this thing very seriously since day 1, and choosing to responsibly ski is nothing to be shamed for.

still waiting for someone to show me the curve for tahoe or even california for that matter. everything im seeing is saying we are the only bright spot in the entire country

that tom pic is otherworldy++++ damn u guys sure scored that day

The lawyer in me thinks this is very unclear. No to CA sno-parks, ski areas-which have special use permits, and campgrounds? So this may mean that TH like the one to trimmer, spring creek/tallac summer trail, etc. are ok, but not RLP or SP or WH or PH or RL or even firebreak b/c there isn't technically a TH. Depends on CFR definition of "Developed" :

Developed recreation site means an area which has been improved or developed for recreation.

or if there is even a ranger present to ticket you.

I'm staying home maybe.

^^^^ if u think about it, there are actually legit trailheads at most places u just listed. think rim trail, van sickle, pct, tallac summer trail, bayview, scotts lake, etc
    seems awfully gray area'd

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post

still waiting for someone to show me the curve for tahoe or even california for that matter. everything im seeing is saying we are the only bright spot in the entire country

that tom pic is otherworldy++++ damn u guys sure scored that day
    Tracking the daily map updated by NPR, California is probably the only state that's effectively managing this outbreak. Which makes sense, given that CA is by far the wealthiest state in the country, has a more spread-out population than NY/NYC, and has a governor that actually has a square head on his shoulders... it'd be nice if we had someone like that at the federal level. With Trump at the helm, we'll still be talking about restricted outdoor access for another couple months at least

So one of the ski leases we managed in Truckee is up on the 10th. Homeowners called us today saying they want it clean and ready for their son and his friends to use it on the 11th, after they fly out from their place of residence in Manhattan, because "NY is so crazy right now".

We are contractually done when the ski lease is over, so I am writing them a very heavy worded email about their cuntiness because they are well aware that the county and town have asked second homeowners to stay away from Truckee, let alone flying in a group of 20something family members to escape the hotbeds of infection and death to hang out here.

I don't expect them to change their plans as they've already justified their own well being over that of the community with lines like "they're fine...", " It's just 4 of them", "yes, they will self quarantine for 14 days, are the grocery stores well stocked because they'll need to go shopping right away to stock up"

Everyone is so special.
    Fuck off, stay away and don't fuck over others with your selfishness.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Has the broken leg guy been roasted here yet? This is how easy you can go from being a questionable cunt to a confirmed cunt that is unnecessarily using up medical supplies.

https://www.tahoedailytribune.com/ne...AwNKIRgpiBufX8
    Guy broke his leg on March 18, Statewide shelter-in-place order was announced the evening of March 19. It just makes my blood boil that this guy didn't have a crystal ball to forsee that.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    So one of the ski leases we managed in Truckee is up on the 10th. Homeowners called us today saying they want it clean and ready for their son and his friends to use it on the 11th, after they fly out from their place of residence in Manhattan, because "NY is so crazy right now".

We are contractually done when the ski lease is over, so I am writing them a very heavy worded email about their cuntiness because they are well aware that the county and town have asked second homeowners to stay away from Truckee, let alone flying in a group of 20something family members to escape the hotbeds of infection and death to hang out here.

I don't expect them to change their plans as they've already justified their own well being over that of the community with lines like "they're fine...", " It's just 4 of them", "yes, they will self quarantine for 14 days, are the grocery stores well stocked because they'll need to go shopping right away to stock up"

Everyone is so special.
    Send them to SLT, our mayor has a $1000 max daily fine for not sheltering in place designed particularly for those using 2nd homes and VHRs. We also have 70 beds at Barton , 7 ICU beds and 8 Ventilators for the year round population of 23k people, and 11 covid cases at last count! (sarcastic tone). I question my VHR neighbors treating our town like a corona vacation, yes I'm that guy, NIMBY.

If only CA could block NYers/and intrastate travel like Rhode Island did.

Leave it dirty with a quarantine sign on the door. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post

Everyone is so special.

^^^^^ so fucking signed

Doggie stoke from National Forest land adjacent to closed USFS leased ski area today. #GRAYAREA

We already told them we are not sending the cleaners there until at least 72 hours after the last tenants left. If the cleaners will even go at all.

Then they said they will still fly in on the 11th and just stay elsewhere if they have to.
    I told them all sort terms and hotels in Truckee are closed to non essential guests.
    They said they will stay in Reno.
    Fucking dumb vector cunts.

I know they will come regardless of what I say or do.
    I also understand that in tough times we circle the wagons and will "save our own first", but how do we counter that as a member of the community?
    If the shit hit the fan and I had a spare property and family in need, it would be hard to see past our own need to take care of them.
    still, it pisses me off to witness it coming at us.

Wouldn't hurt to report them to Truckee Code Enforcement too.