Page 83 of 165 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 4118
    Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    are we getting into corn territory yet?
    who wants corn? its going to snow 2' this weekend.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Lots of fun at senior hours at the Safeway this morning. Everyone parking their cart in the middle of the aisle. Every old couple walking side by side down the aisle. Everyone stopping and trying to figure out where to go. Everyone trying to figure out how to pay. Everyone trying to bag which they've never done before but clerks aren't allowed to bag unless you buy store bags. Clerk wiping down the conveyor belt between every customer--I suppose they do that every day but they weren't doing it last time I was there on nonsenior day. Still, mostly full shelves--they even had brand name tp and paper towels--not a lot. But no garlic or yeast. Plenty of bread so I'm guessing the yeast thing will get better when people give up trying to bake their own.

I am 50

I poach senior discounts

Lots of good folks
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    ca snoparks closed starting today
    So does this mean no parking or no passes needed? The latter would have the opposite of the desired result.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Brilliant. Close the ski areas to uphill travel, close the sno-parks, just keep squeezing everyone into smaller spaces.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Rider View Post
    So does this mean no parking or no passes needed? The latter would have the opposite of the desired result.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I hear the bathrooms are locked, guessing snow removal will not happen. Be interesting if they start to ticket.

ca snoparks closed starting today
    Wow. Poop jus got da reeelz. One could infer that parking ANYWHERE could result in severe hardship.

i don't get it. Forest Service Regional Order 20-02 just says you can't use or enter developed recreations sites EXCEPT TRAILHEADS.
    Just lock the bathrooms.
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...eprd716429.pdf
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Most of the infections are travel related.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1160.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	422.4 KB 
ID:	323397

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

So about corn tomorrow... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5488 copy.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	323396

The thickest sun crust I could find on S and SW slopes between 7.5-9K this afternoon was at most an inch on top of untransformed fluff/mank. It will be hard to find something low enough to corn up that still has coverage.

But hey https://youtu.be/zL8G5pBZ5CI

it happened today and itll happen tommorow. 20+ cars in the demilitarized zone of the emerald curtain. signs at trailheads sure to follow soon

Anyone have any recommendations on who/where to get fitted for some touring boots preferably in north shore/truckee/reno? I’m on a college budget and can’t afford to spend a ton, but with that said I understand the cost associated with new boots. I have a pretty good idea of what my ideal boot options are for fitment but need to try them on. With that said, I’m not familiar with touring boot fitment cs inbounds as I know feet swell up and you generally want a bit more than a finger shell fit with touring boots. Getting fitted and buying the boots discounted would be the most ideal situation as I see it but is that possible anywhere without pissing off the boot fitter after a long session? Probably not lol. I know most places offer free boot work when you buy boots directly from them. Any recommendations or advice? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by morphintoskittle View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations on who/where to get fitted for some touring boots preferably in north shore/truckee/reno? I’m on a college budget and can’t afford to spend a ton, but with that said I understand the cost associated with new boots. I have a pretty good idea of what my ideal boot options are for fitment but need to try them on. With that said, I’m not familiar with touring boot fitment cs inbounds as I know feet swell up and you generally want a bit more than a finger shell fit with touring boots. Getting fitted and buying the boots discounted would be the most ideal situation as I see it but is that possible anywhere without pissing off the boot fitter after a long session? Probably not lol. I know most places offer free boot work when you buy boots directly from them. Any recommendations or advice? Thanks!
    Thanks, we all need a good laugh in these times.

call Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post

Pretty sure these guys can help you out
    https://www.tetongravity.com/story/c...country-skiing

This is no longer a boot fitting thread. Only stoke posting and shaming is allowed, sarcasm and conspiracy theories ok by quarantine rules.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Brilliant. Close the ski areas to uphill travel, close the sno-parks, just keep squeezing everyone into smaller spaces.
    Right!
    Why don't they just call it, like *stay at home*?
    Oh, wait...???

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Right!
    Why don't they just call it, like *stay at home*?
    Oh, wait...???

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Because people are still going to exercise, and it's easier to keep some distance when we can spread out a little more. Simple really.

it happened today and itll happen tommorow. 20+ cars in the demilitarized zone of the emerald curtain. signs at trailheads sure to follow soon
    Stories like this piss me off. You can responsibly backcountry ski during this pandemic but is it too much to ask that if you go out to change your habits. Maybe don’t hit Waterhouse, Emerald or Carson Pass and don’t park at the regular spots in Sno Parks or in front of the trailhead. Maybe set your own safe skin track up the mountain and if you can’t do that than you shouldn’t be backcountry skiing during this pandemic.

Here’s the challenge for this weekend: how many 7 minute workouts can you do....

Pretty sure these guys can help you out
    https://www.tetongravity.com/story/c...country-skiing
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Oh so quick to assume. I’ve got a pair of tech boots and they fit horrible. I’ll go ahead and keep making safe backcountry turns in my poorly fitting boots and meanwhile I’m doing research on where to get some new boots after all this blows over. Thanks for nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    call Cosmo
    Thanks, I actually haven’t heard of cosmos boot works until I googled them just now. After all this virus stuff is done I’ll check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    So about corn tomorrow... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5488 copy.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	323396

The thickest sun crust I could find on S and SW slopes between 7.5-9K this afternoon was at most an inch on top of untransformed fluff/mank. It will be hard to find something low enough to corn up that still has coverage.
    If your standards are low enough (and from the video i see they are ) it was ok in the 6500'-6800' hood. we were shooting for a nw facing line but it was mostly manzanita and the super low angle mostly n facing exit on corral loop ended up being the most fun. just hit it when it's early and fast
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Because people are still going to exercise, and it's easier to keep some distance when we can spread out a little more. Simple really.
    Continue to justify it any way you want. I’ve been going for runs around my neighborhood and have no problem passing people from the opposite side of the road.