Page 132 of 165 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 4118
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    The driveway patch
    Attachment 336373

Attachment 336374

Attachment 336375

Attachment 336376

This will be my last ski for a bit. Next time out will be on a knew knee with a 10-20 year lease.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Good luck

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    There was talk last year of changing that intersection for safety reasons but I guess in their review it turns out there are actually very few accidents there, which was surprising.
    Tough to change it. The reason for the 3 way stop is to keep traffic from backing up on the RR tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I love to sit in the front window of Bar of America in the afternoon and watch folks try to negotiate the 3 way stop/1 way no stop at DPR and Bridge St. Especially entertaining when the cars coming up Bridge turn west into a setting sun.
    Sadly...your days of schadenfreude appear to be coming to an end. Traffic lights are a-coming: https://www.sierrasun.com/news/traff...intersections/
    sproing!

Here's some ski stoke from July 31st in Telluride. Drove back through South Lake on Sunday evening and ran the boat Monday morning and it was GLORIOUS!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDgq954DMS0/

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Sadly...your days of schadenfreude appear to be coming to an end. Traffic lights are a-coming
    We'll still have the good old days in our embellished memories. Just like remembering how we used to get rid of ice and snow off the vehicle by hitting the railroad tracks at, or above, the speed limit as we headed towards the non-stop before they removed and reset the tracks. Good times ... we're simple, practical, people who are easily amused. Too much elevation ?
    Last edited by truckeelocal; 08-05-2020 at 06:11 PM.

Sadly...your days of schadenfreude appear to be coming to an end. Traffic lights are a-coming: https://www.sierrasun.com/news/traff...intersections/
    The lights synced with the trains might work, or we might be able to sit in B or A and watch the trains run over cars stuck in the intersection.
    I wish they'd hurry up with the roundabout at Northwoods.

WAIT. What ! How's that going to work with the great unwashed coming down Northwoods in the winter ? It's one of 2 roads explicitly identified in the California Vehicle License Codes ... trucks can go up it, but not down it. Should be expanded to (clean) SUVs.

That's what I was referring to but didn't realize they were going to go ahead and change it anyway! I do look forward to seeing that last car attempt to squeeze across the tracks.

Originally they were going to do it this summer but I guess they punted until next year due to a late start from covid? At least the climbing gym construction is well underway - that's pretty cool to have right across from the high school. I will definitely be taking my kids there frequently - great activity on big snow days when resorts don't open, or just in general.

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    WAIT. What ! How's that going to work with the great unwashed coming down Northwoods in the winter ? It's one of 2 roads explicitly identified in the California Vehicle License Codes ... trucks can go up it, but not down it. Should be expanded to (clean) SUVs.
    If your referring to cars sliding on ice through the intersection it's probably less dangerous than sliding through a red light--at least the car that t bones you will be going slower and the center median might keep you from getting hit by cars coming from the east.

The logical conclusion of e-bikes already exists - https://www.wired.com/story/segway-b...s-wall-e-life/ i'm just waiting to have to deal with wall-e chairs on the trt eight miles from a trailhead

If usfs 'doesn't enforce' prohibiting e-bikes on nonmotorized trails, why would they enforce prohibiting e-sleds in non-motorized winter recreation areas?

Meanwhile, as of 8/6/20, there's still a wee snippet of snow to be schussed in the hills above Truckee:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4742.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	336516
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Two days ago

Name:	GPTempDownload.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	463.2 KB 
ID:	336523

Yesterday

Name:	IMG_3537.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	336524

Today

Name:	IMG_3545.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	336525

It’s a bleeder apparently

powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Egads
    That’s savage surgery

But the Tahoe invasion made international news

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pandemic.html
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    id consider getting an electric car........but i have no garage or other way to charge it.......and i havnt seen any teslas with lumber racks on them ........ yet
    I have kept an eye out for a Ford Transit Connect e-conversion since I mostly do small jobs and service calls. It would get the job done and keep my Astro for snowy days. However, I was unaware of any of the cattle I eat shitting in the lake. Not sure how vegetarianism would help there. One more problem with all the personal vehicles: microplastics.

Also, is Tahoe becoming maoist? Landlords are an unnecessary evil...
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

I would hate to live in a world where there were enough cops to enforce all the rules. That's why it's up to the rest of us to deal with assholes like you before you hurt someone riding where you don't belong.
    Oh wait, OG wants to limit the number of cops? So this thread is also taking us in an abolitionist direction? (Granted, the function of police is mainly to enforce a regime of private property, but sometimes the only way to get an e-assisted bikedick to stop is with a gun and handcuffs).
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

PowDork - holy shit, that's one hell of an incision. What exactly was the procedure you had done? Heal up.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    There was talk last year of changing that intersection for safety reasons but I guess in their review it turns out there are actually very few accidents there, which was surprising.
    I had an idiot stop when he didn't need to, then back up like he was the only car on the road and smash my front end at that intersection. There are also a ton of newly aggro drivers in town that think they're still fighting for the left lane on the 101 from Redwood City to SF. If you live in a resort area, be prepared to drive like you're on vacation.

PD, get your healing done and thanks for the sacrifice/scarifice since it's going to be a huge winter. That was also some pretty phat air on the driveway patch. Way to go out on a high note.

Oh i was high alright
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Heavenly Valley will not have NSP volunteer ski patrol next season.
    That’s a good move in the long term. Hope it provides inspiration for other nearby resorts to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post
    That’s a good move in the long term. Hope it provides inspiration for other nearby resorts to do the same.

Was this a decision made by resort management or NSP?

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post
    That’s a good move in the long term.

Why?

Wow Powdork, that really looks uncomfortable. Hope your recovery goes well.

Heal up court. That shit looks real.

I peddled with an edick today. Had fun. Barely
    Heard his mother but knew all along I was the bigger bad ass.

Oh. And traffic coming into and out of town at 3:30 today was unreal. So many on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Was this a decision made by resort management or NSP?
    mgt
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.