Page 154 of 165 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4118
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    My buddy even rode his e-bike at Mammoth instead if his DH because the trails are more up and down and his DH basically should not even have a drive train it sucks so much to peddle.
    how much is he selling it for?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

^^^His DH? Guessing he would let ig go for about $9K or so. Interested? It does look pretty sick for hauling ass downhill.

Yeah, his is more enduro than DH, but still plenty of travel (160 I think). I menthes pedal DH bike sucks to pedal pretty much anywhere, so it is really just suited for going, well, down hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    If summer Northstar is any indication, our ski season is fucked. (Resort anyway.)

Ps. Thanks dookey67 for the hookup.

Attachment 341363

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Please no

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Is that body armour or a lot of fat people cycling?

likely both
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

^^^His DH? Guessing he would let ig go for about $9K or so. Interested? It does look pretty sick for hauling ass downhill.

Yeah, his is more enduro than DH, but still plenty of travel (160 I think). I menthes pedal DH bike sucks to pedal pretty much anywhere, so it is really just suited for going, well, down hills.
    I was kidding. you said peddle

When is Jeremy Jones going to wake up?
    https://t.co/UYqz9PvuDt?amp=1
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    When is Jeremy Jones going to wake up?
    https://t.co/UYqz9PvuDt?amp=1
    I mean I don’t think POW or other climate activism orgs are blind to the fact that we’re living with human-caused climate change now and will be dealing with progressively worse climate conditions for at least the next few decades. Yeah, we need organizations focusing on climate mitigation strategies, but unless we want to send it back to the Cretaceous we just as much need organizations aggressively focused on getting CO2 out of the atmosphere and cutting our emissions ASAP.

So we need attention on both aspects of the issues, and it’s more efficient and better for us if organizations put most of their energy and resources into focusing on just one aspect.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And yeah, POW has definitely got their problems. Sometimes it seems like it’s nothing more than a lobbying organization for the ski industry. Most of Congress doesn’t understand any issue that’s not related to making money, so it’s an angle of attack that’s useful and necessary. I’m just not super convinced on addressing climate change for the sake of saving Alterra Resorts ass. At that point, climate policy they sculpted would just be another big business bailout.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just got home from Telluride yesterday. Bike park closed there yesterday. I logged almost 30 days in the park and just rolled up to the lift. My son really want to check out Northstar's park but after seeing that photo, I'm not too stoked.

The Nstar line moves shockingly fast. The real dick move is closing the other lift!!
    Hello darkness my old friend

Plenty of good MTB shuttle options around as well... just teach your kid to drive a few years early. ;-)

Or... Downieville.

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Pms answered
    Last edited by TeleTahoe; 09-29-2020 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Pm sent!!
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Just got home from Telluride yesterday. Bike park closed there yesterday. I logged almost 30 days in the park and just rolled up to the lift. My son really want to check out Northstar's park but after seeing that photo, I'm not too stoked.
    Take him to Mammoth.

If he likes flow and no rocks, do a couple shuttle laps on Mt. Hough (Quincy).

If he likes flow and gnar, Downieville and Graeagle have great shuttles.

North Lake Tahoe has no shuttles though. It's a desert of terrible riding. Tell your friends. (but pm me.)

PSA: I've got TWO FREE NORTHSTAR BIKE PARK PASSES to pass on, courtesy of dookey. Life came at me fast, and then there was the smoke, and now the passes should be taken by somebody else! I'm in Glenshire - come pick em up.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Pm sent!!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    The line moves pretty quick. Come by south shore we can shuttle awesome trails from my house for days. Give him a little uphill skill as well because the benefits are awesome (meaning a small climb makes a big downhill).

Big thanks to Dookey67 for the bike haul pass. I really appreciated it. It was great to spin some laps on the big bike. I missed it this summer.

First time in years that I did not get a season pass for the bike park. I went Friday and it reaffirmed my decision as correct. Zephyr laps took between 35-45 minutes. I'm used to getting 4-5 laps per hour. Gondola laps were quick but lower mountain trails are flat on a downhill bike. At one point the line for zephyr stretched past vista, which again is not spinning this summer. Despite the limited open days, limited terrain, pass price at same price and long lines, people still showed up and payed money to ride, it's the only game in town. It concerns me Vail has been rewarded for poor management of its bike park and I'm worried it will be reinforced next season.

My take away for the upcoming ski season at vail resorts is "lowered expectations".....

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I was kidding. you said peddle
    I’m slow these days. You still got that English major going in you.

I’d be surprised if KW ever opens its bike park again. Without work, those trails will be dust in a few years.

I’m slow these days. You still got that English major going in you.

Did y'all see this? HV plan on opening Cali lodge instead of Gondi for early wrod.https://www.recordcourier.com/news/h...r-opening-day/

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Just like the good ole days when You could park without taking a bus to ski, didn’t see it in the plan but they even blew snow on the face back in the day conditions permitting

Heavenly is providing a new downloading experience. Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Did y'all see this? HV plan on opening Cali lodge instead of Gondi for early wrod.https://www.recordcourier.com/news/h...r-opening-day/

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

Last winter did not need a mop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

The GFS models are starting to show some storms cutting south into NorCal in about 10 days. I really hope this pans out.