Page 99 of 165 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 4118
    still crunchy at noon, but not quite 8k
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Powdork...best dirt skier in thee Meyers bubble.

no dirt, wet dirt is like a suction cup. but riding up i looked over at the pine needles, went back home and grabbed the skis and a beer.

and the renegades turn and track much better on the forest floor but with barons they're heavy af on the bike.

Now you did it powdork, all of the greater NorCal/Nevada folks are gonna rush up here to ski after seeing that video

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Sounds like a phony flex IMO. Not sure they can just change state-wide SAR billing policy on the fly like that. I know there was a bill proposed several years back that was shot down. I believe they can charge a different county in the state if that's where the person being rescued is from. But not the individual.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    I was skeptical but a close friend was XC skiing in hope valley...Alpine County deputy approached their car, initially thinking they were BC skiers, and explained the Sheriff’s Dept was spreading the word. This friend ain’t the type to exaggerate stories.

I’m pretty much the poster child for never spreading second hand rumors but every 20 yrs or so I may create an exception if I’m 100% certain the conversation happened.

Deputy may have been spouting off unofficially, who knows.

https://www.outsideonline.com/198649...ce-not-exactly

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Now you did it powdork, all of the greater NorCal/Nevada folks are gonna rush up here to ski after seeing that video
    no way man. i had to drive to placerville to get those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Deputy may have been spouting off unofficially, who knows.

https://www.outsideonline.com/198649...ce-not-exactly
    He was probably just trying to discourage people, doubting anyone would question it (which, hey, whatever works). Sounds like that article confirmed what I thought: "Sheriffs in California, meanwhile, can charge an individual’s county of residence for a mission that costs more than $100." I'd be curious to know if that ever happens or not...

A lot and I mean more cars than I can count at 60 mph at certain spot of 88 didn't seem discouraged by alpine county sheriff. Maybe they all are from Alpine County.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    still crunchy at noon, but not quite 8k
    Dumbass.

Now powdork is gonna delete the thread.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Dumbass.

Now powdork is gonna delete the thread.
    I’m dying. 🤣

On the local news tonight the weather guy said it would be great corn skiing in the sierra.

hard to tell what he means from that (future or past). it definitely has been great but tuesday night was the last good solid freeze. Tonight not at all and not in the foreseeable future, going up to 41 as the overnight low Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    hard to tell what he means from that (future or past). it definitely has been great but tuesday night was the last good solid freeze. Tonight not at all and not in the foreseeable future, going up to 41 as the overnight low Monday.
    I just thought it was amusing that the weather guy would comment on snow conditions, what with the Covid and all. I guess if someone gets in trouble for BC skiing they can say that the weather man said it was ok.

Dear Vail: welcome to your new entitled bay area clientele of douchebags.

https://www.bloomberglaw.com/public/...ket?1586855225

You deserve each other.

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/vai...20-ski-season/
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

So dumb. Not to mention that Vail typically closes their resorts in early to mid April anyway, so it was like 1 month early. I bet those suits get straight-up tossed out by a judge.

They did however lose the case related to charging for parking at Northstar and not announcing that until after selling season passes, which was a lame move and they deserved it.

I just like how vail FINALLY does one thing right that displays even the slightest modicum of responsibility. And then their dickhead clientele in the people's entitled republic of california let them know that they've experienced real loss by this this decision.

Think of the poor walnut creek skier people with a vail pass and their plight at missing two more weekends of sickter pow pow just to you know.....keep people from dying or suffering permanent lung damage. They paid for those passes dammit! The injustice is almost too much to bear. The horror!

I've bought a pass, killed a knee and gotten a full refund/next year credit from squalpine during the KSL days which they absolutely were not obligated to do. I just went in and asked. They checked my pass scans to see how much it had been used and said okay, you're good for next year.

Getting a law firm to yell 'harumph' for you is just so......... vail, ya know? Maybe next year they'll sue Junuary for inconveniencing them. And then avalanches.

Similar lines of thinking are happening everywhere. Had people looking to euthanize me when I suggested their epic pass shouldn’t be refunded, and then even more of a freak out when I suggested that if it was refunded, the money should go to laid off employees at the pass holder’s most visited resort (in the case of this argument, Park City).

Also frustrating is the amount of money that Vail will spend on legal fees if this continues to be litigated. Wouldn’t want the big resorts to have any more reasons to lay-off people and/or find ways to make that money back (from us) in future seasons.

I suppose it’s hard to feel sorry for Vail, but I would rather see them left alone if it means a net benefit for the employees/communities that Vail controls.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC08 View Post
    I would rather see them left alone if it means a net benefit for the employees/communities that Vail controls.

That would be fantastic! Why not pressure them to do that. It would even be good PR.

That would of course involve thinking of someone not named Me. Skiers don't do so well with that one.

My hope is Mr Brian Hunt of San Ramon at least wins a giant bowl of dicks to munch on during the off season, my guess is he would be satisfied with that

Class action lawsuit--the lawyers hope to get rich, everyone else gets peanuts. Total bullshit, over a few hundred bucks per person. Why doesn't the plaintiff take it to small claims court? Answer--because it's not about the plaintiff, it's about the lawyers looking for an easy payday. Unlike a suit for something like industrial pollution for example, where years and lots of experts are involved, this one looks like easy pickings--no cost to the lawyers so no risk and they wind up with the lion's share of the settlement if there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Class action lawsuit--the lawyers hope to get rich, everyone else gets peanuts. Total bullshit, over a few hundred bucks per person. Why doesn't the plaintiff take it to small claims court? Answer--because it's not about the plaintiff, it's about the lawyers looking for an easy payday. Unlike a suit for something like industrial pollution for example, where years and lots of experts are involved, this one looks like easy pickings--no cost to the lawyers so no risk and they wind up with the lion's share of the settlement if there is one.
    ^^^This.

This lawsuit was announced the Sunday the resorts did not open. Ambulance chasers.

People didn’t get what they paid for. So there’s that. But by all means rant against lawyers and selfish people.

Quote Originally Posted by Powcruzer View Post
    People didn’t get what they paid for. So there’s that. But by all means rant against lawyers and selfish people.
    And what if it didn't snow enough and they had to close in mid March due to conditions? Which, if you'll recall, happened several years back. They were open from mid November until mid March... it's not like it was a lost season.

I'm the last person to defend Vail / Alterra but this seems pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Powcruzer View Post
    True. The suit should have been filed purely on principle. Maybe it gets thrown out, but you can’t let contracts be arbitrarily altered after payment is made. It’s pretty much between the lawyers and VR so who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage