Page 79 of 165 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 4118

Support the locals.
    I believe Uncorked (Truckee/Squaw/TC) is doing wine deliveries of a case or more.

Just trying to get some skiing news into all the other local chatter. North stuff skied great in the morning. Started getting heavier with some pinwheels after lunch but still quality turns to be had out there. I avoided avalanche terrain mostly with lower angle stuff that was showing a few signs of solar starting to affect snowpack. Not a soul out where I was. Most likely because of the long approach or maybe people are starting to get tired from the last 4 or 5 good days.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

They're cutting the berm along Donner Pass Rd by the lake--should make life safer for the runners, walkers, and bikers. Wonder if I can A frame bike carry my 215cm XC skis down to the state park without killing myself. Any advice on bike riding with skis? I'm probably too old to chance it.

...and those were the final words of OG

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    They're cutting the berm along Donner Pass Rd by the lake--should make life safer for the runners, walkers, and bikers. Wonder if I can A frame bike carry my 215cm XC skis down to the state park without killing myself. Any advice on bike riding with skis? I'm probably too old to chance it.
    Ski strap them along the top tube.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Strap the skis to your bike frame...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

PM TahoeBC. Pretty sure he perfected it. Why not drive? Or are lots closed?

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    Ski strap them along the top tube.
    Duh. Of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    PM TahoeBC. Pretty sure he perfected it. Why not drive? Or are lots closed?
    Lot closed. Open to walkers, bike riders.

Duh. Of course.

Lot closed. Open to walkers, bike riders.
    I'm fairly certain you can strap your skis to your walker no problem
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I'm fairly certain you can strap your skis to your walker no problem
    I have skate blades strapped to my walker but never got a chance to use them this winter. Sad.

Wonder if I can A frame bike carry my 215cm XC skis down to the state park without killing myself. Any advice on bike riding with skis? I'm probably too old to chance it.
    Fishing pole holder?

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

I A frame them sometimes on shorter rides, for longer skis you need to be mindful of the tails

Not having a great back, I really dislike them on the back while riding. I have a carry system that I’m not sure is even made anymore. Basically heavy material that Velcro’s around each ski to protect the bike from ski edges. A built in strap goes though the rails of your seat to support it there, there then viola strap it down near the handle bars in front. Often I just pedal in my ski boots with flats but on bigger missions I just put my ski boots in the bindings. Also strap my poles on top of the skis behind the saddle. Probably did 8 bike to ski missions during the February spring weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all

Be careful OG.
    We need your sage knowledge more than ever before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2028.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	738.8 KB 
ID:	322914
    Latest Reno Gas Prices.
    Not saying that you should, but if you have to leave town it has certainly got a lot cheaper to do so. Just a matter of time before it's under $2.00 a gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post

Name:	IMG_2028.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	738.8 KB 
ID:	322914
    Latest Reno Gas Prices.
    Not saying that you should, but if you have to leave town it has certainly got a lot cheaper to do so. Just a matter of time before it's under $2.00 a gallon.
    Not if you live in Truckee, I'm sure.

Since it hasn't been posted here anyway. Before saying the hospitals are empty and it's not here
    https://www.placer.ca.gov/6448/Cases-in-Placer
    Areas
    Confirmed cases have been identified in the following areas. However, testing is still limited. The absence of a confirmed case in any specific geographic area does not mean that specific area does not have virus transmission — it just means a case has not yet been identified. Every Placer resident, regarding of where they live, is at risk of being exposed to the novel coronavirus.

Auburn, Carnelian Bay, Granite Bay, Kings Beach, Lincoln, Loomis, Meadow Vista, Newcastle, Olympic Valley, Rocklin, Roseville
    And there have been several at least on the South Shore as well.

And there's this. I can't find it, but remember when bgnight was bragging about going to Denny's in Reno and how crowded it was. Reno has kind of blown up since then
    https://www.kolotv.com/content/news/...568789201.html
    MARCH 29, 12:16 P.M. Washoe County is reporting its first COVID-19 related death.
    The deceased is a man in his 40s. It is not known if the man had underlying health conditions. The case is being investigated.
    Washoe County also reports 14 more COVID-19 cases, bringing the total infections to 107. One more person has recovered, bringing the total recoveries to eight
    Last edited by powdork; 03-30-2020 at 01:31 AM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

New case in Truckee. Surprise--returning traveler, can't blame it on the Bay Area.

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post

And there's this. I can't find it, but remember when bgnight was bragging about going to Denny's in Reno and how crowded it was. Reno has kind of blown up since then
    https://www.kolotv.com/content/news/...568789201.html
    As of Sunday, confirmed cases in washoe county are at 107. That’s a jump of about 30 since Thursday or Friday. It’s going to start ramping up dramatically in Reno, even tho vegas has been the hardest hit so far. Also, I know of at least one person who has tested positive, had no symptoms and went out for a tour. So be wary of the trailhead.

Edit: wanna make it clear how irresponsible I think doing that is.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^ He went out to a trailhead *after* testing positive? WTF?

People doing dumb shit like that is going to keep us all sheltered in place through the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ He went out to a trailhead *after* testing positive? WTF?

People doing dumb shit like that is going to keep us all sheltered in place through the summer.
    Yep, just a couple days ago. Went out same day he found out. Fuckin crazy, I guess he was thinking as long as he didn’t get “too close” to other people? Idk what he was thinking but obvs wasn’t thinking about the well-being of others. Fortunately I haven’t seen him in over a month.

Don’t wanna gossip too much, but just wanted to put it out there in case anyone thought getting outside for exercise was totally safe. We live in a country of immense and uninhibited freedom, which is usually a good thing. But during a time like this it’s so important to be mindful of people who may be abusing that freedom. Super critical to assume the worst, maintain that distance from ANYONE.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm not going to add dialogue to this thread -but yeah, many many people may not be taking this as seriously as you all are.

For proof, here's a pic from this weekend, check out those tracks! EEEEEEK (none of them mine/ours btw).

Name:	IMG_4694.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	322938

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    I'm not going to add dialogue to this thread -but yeah, many many people may not be taking this as seriously as you all are.

For proof, here's a pic from this weekend, check out those tracks! EEEEEEK (none of them mine/ours btw).

Name:	IMG_4694.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	322938
    That's a pretty big send on the top right for a time like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2clue View Post
    That's a pretty big send on the top right for a time like this.
    We are immortal until proven otherwise.