Page 85 of 165 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 4118
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I think we’ve been responsible.
    I agree. I don't have a problem with people who believe we should stay home and only exercise close to home; that's reasonable and prudent. I also believe that responsible people can choose to ski in a reasonable and prudent manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokomahonah View Post
    Up thread then bud, talked about it in oct, nov, and probably into december....
    tried using the search feature, it’s pretty hard to find specific questions with multiple criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by morphintoskittle View Post
    tried using the search feature, it’s pretty hard to find specific questions with multiple criteria.
    Tough life innit?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Tough life innit?

It is, especially when getting flamed for asking some advice on a forums that’s sole purpose is to discuss ski stuff lol. 1st world problems I guess! Seems everyone is getting all annoyed being penned up inside or something. Life carries on! I got one good recommendation I wasn’t aware of and a place I was already aware of got recommended again so in the end, post was successful. Thanks to those people who helped!

^^^ Cue Greg from AlpineZone...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

lol... what a crock of shit. My strava feed says otherwise...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by morphintoskittle View Post
    It is, especially when getting flamed for asking some advice on a forums that’s sole purpose is to discuss ski stuff lol. 1st world problems I guess! Seems everyone is getting all annoyed being penned up inside or something. Life carries on! I got one good recommendation I wasn’t aware of and a place I was already aware of got recommended again so in the end, post was successful. Thanks to those people who helped!
    I think everyone is giving you shit because you keep making JONG moves like asking where to get tech boots right after others are shaming new bc users, or saying that you tried the search function (yeah it is basically useless btw)...

I say cold call any and all boot fitting places. I think most will not answer. Those who do would be wise not to do any fitting. But I'm willing to bet if you know what you want they will probably sell you new boots at a discounted price, this being the spring and sales probably tanked. I drove by the sports hub today, they looked closed but I did see someone walk out. Definatly oly boot works is closed or I would reccomend them.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

Hospitals around the state are hemorrhaging money from lack of patients. Do your part and give them some business people!

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    lol... what a crock of shit. My strava feed says otherwise...
    What part are you disputing based on an app on your phone? There's clearly plenty of people around Tahoe that don't belong right now. It ain't hard to tell who's local and who's not.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Hospitals around the state are hemorrhaging money from lack of patients. Do your part and give them some business people!

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    You know how hubris works, right? Just sayin'...
    "Know when to fold 'em, etc..."

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

This was posted in the chinese rat flu thread.
    https://www.sierrasun.com/news/coron...al-distancing/
    36 positive cases (and one death reported today) tested at Tahoe Forest. The article estimates the percent of cases in the area of 0.2%. Not sure where they get the number. Certainly not from test proven positives. Hard to calculate because Tahoe Forest cares for multiple counties but my calculation is 36 proven positives/40,000 full time population the hospital claims to serve=0.09%, which is still 4 times higher than Sacramento County.
    I'm sure everyone wants to blame the out-of-towners but the fact is that the ski/mtn bike/climb population is a highly social, anti-authoritarian, hedonistic entitled crowd (I'm not excluding myself) so seeing high rates of Covid in ski towns should be no surprise. So let's give ourselves a big pat on the back (but only our own backs). And maybe when people see the numbers some of the second homeowners will decamp for safer provinces. We're in Sac because my wife slipped on the stairs and broke her ankle and had surgery at Kaiser. Which gets me out of volunteering my ancient carcass to get covid working in the hospital, the day after I signed up. (Unless someone wants to get paid to help her while I'm working--but trust me, it won't be worth it.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    This was posted in the chinese rat flu thread.
    https://www.sierrasun.com/news/coron...al-distancing/
    36 positive cases (and one death reported today) tested at Tahoe Forest. The article estimates the percent of cases in the area of 0.2%. Not sure where they get the number. Certainly not from test proven positives. Hard to calculate because Tahoe Forest cares for multiple counties but my calculation is 36 proven positives/40,000 full time population the hospital claims to serve=0.09%, which is still 4 times higher than Sacramento County.
    I'm sure everyone wants to blame the out-of-towners but the fact is that the ski/mtn bike/climb population is a highly social, anti-authoritarian, hedonistic entitled crowd (I'm not excluding myself) so seeing high rates of Covid in ski towns should be no surprise. So let's give ourselves a big pat on the back (but only our own backs). And maybe when people see the numbers some of the second homeowners will decamp for safer provinces. We're in Sac because my wife slipped on the stairs and broke her ankle and had surgery at Kaiser. Which gets me out of volunteering my ancient carcass to get covid working in the hospital, the day after I signed up. (Unless someone wants to get paid to help her while I'm working--but trust me, it won't be worth it.)
    Stop spewing numbers when the tests are completely useless. They don't identify a specific virus and you know this. Anyone can test positive for a myriad of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    "Know when to fold 'em, etc..."

That's literally my line of work so I'm good. And my line of work is better than ever right now. Covid is serving me well as much as I hate all the totalitarian bullshit.

In order to tell who's a local and who's not, this handy guide has been distributed to show what people from different parts of Tahoe look like in contrast to second homeowners/renters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokomahonah View Post
    I think everyone is giving you shit because you keep making JONG moves like asking where to get tech boots right after others are shaming new bc users, or saying that you tried the search function (yeah it is basically useless btw)...

I say cold call any and all boot fitting places. I think most will not answer. Those who do would be wise not to do any fitting. But I'm willing to bet if you know what you want they will probably sell you new boots at a discounted price, this being the spring and sales probably tanked. I drove by the sports hub today, they looked closed but I did see someone walk out. Definatly oly boot works is closed or I would reccomend them.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk
    I know plenty of places to get fitted for boots and buy tech boots...just looking for peoples opinion on where to get cheaply and knowledgeably fitted for tech boots. Didn’t know doing research while I’m pent up inside is a “JONG”move. Like I said earlier, people giving rude and sarcastic remarks cause they’re so quick to assume but have no idea of my timeline. I’m definitely not trying to get fitted while all this virus bs is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    In order to tell who's a local and who's not, this handy guide has been distributed to show what people from different parts of Tahoe look like in contrast to second homeowners/renters.

Damn, that thing is spot on. I know at least four of them.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Stop spewing numbers when the tests are completely useless. They don't identify a specific virus and you know this. Anyone can test positive for a myriad of reasons.
    perhaps you could provide a link that says what we are all suppose to know is true. yes there are a percentage of false results but it DOES identify a specific virus, (and YOU should know that before spouting off your bullshit opinions).
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Coronavirus testing in the United States is so limited. If we tested everyone at the current pace it’ll take over 3000 days... no way we can get a proper idea of how many people are really infected in this area let alone any area not being tested in the masses. My best hope is that this thing is way more contagious than we think and way more people have it with super mild conditions...but that’s pretty optimistic and I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    but it DOES identify a specific virus
    100% FALSE. Too tired to share the links but there are many. CDC's own website explains the PCR and says plain as day it doesn't identify a specific virus. Some researchers say PCR's will give 80% false positives. Your body's own exosomes are identical to viruses in every way and will yield a positive result as well as a bunch of other common coronaviruses. You can't confirm it's actually Covid-19 without an electron microscope.

Keep soaking up that sweet CDC/WHO bullshit.

that's not true. or maybe it was when you wrote it but the testing is increasing at a huge rate so it wouldn't take anywhere near 3000 days. that doesn't necessarily change your premise though. testing alone won't stop anything but it is still a valuable tool and right now without an antibody test it is better to know if someone with symptoms tests positive, and then later discover if those who test positive develop immunity (since that's not a sure thing yet). But it is science, so if we find out it's true later, the positive test results will be critical, absent a reliable, easy, cheap, antibody test. And there are still areas where it's not as prevalent where testing plus tracing could be effective. At least if tests become available enough to go to areas where it hasn't blown up yet. That would imply a proactive rather than reactive response and, well....

100% FALSE. Too tired to share the links but there are many. CDC's own website explains the PCR and says plain as day it doesn't identify a specific virus. Some researchers say PCR's will give 80% false positives. Your body's own exosomes are identical to viruses in every way and will yield a positive result.
    come back when you're not too tired. you know that's a symptom, right?
    i'm not tired though
    https://www.livescience.com/covid19-...negatives.html
    With enough DNA copies on hand, scientists can then apply fluorescent tags to the sample that bind to specific bits of genetic material and glow once attached. The glow announces the presence of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
    "The good news is that the tests appear to be highly specific: If your test comes back positive, it is almost certain you have the infection," Krumholz wrote. But RT-PCR tests might give false-negative results for a number of reasons, he added.
    no, exosomes are not identical to 'viruses' in every way because 1. it's not true, and 2. that would imply all viruses are identical (which you seem to think is true but is also not true)

Was hoping to find some stoke here...

Feel bad cunting the thread, but it's already cunted.

Both the Chinese tracing/testing studies and the Diamond Princess found there's about 1 undetected for every 1 symptomatic positive. This is probably how Tahoe Forest got 0.2%. They tested 0.1%, and deduced the others are present.

To the question of widespread silent infection/immunity, in addition to Chinese and Diamond Princess type studies denying that, Iceland did widespread population testing and found the same.
    https://www.icelandreview.com/sci-te...emic-response/

So, we're all vulnerable. We're having a bad time. If too many of us get it simultaneously, we're gonna have a much worse bad time. If it keeps spreading exponentially, too many of us will have it simultaneously. Even the great Cheeto says many transmissions are from asymptomatic people. Stay away from anyone you don't live with.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

The point is not the actual numbers. The point is that the feeling that people are safer in the Tahoe area is false. Wait it out in the mountains if you prefer to be there, but not because you think the covid can't get you there. That false sense of security actually increases the risk, as people let their guard down--don't wear masks, wash their hands, or stay away from other people.

The numbers may be the tip of the ice berg, but you can get a pretty good idea of the size of an iceberg by how much is above water.

I wish we had real life names and pictures of the deniers in this thread so we'd know to give them a wide berth if we see them in Save Mart, because they are likely spewing virus.