Page 75 of 165 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 4118
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    Doesn't it really depend on the number of stops/contacts while traveling? I think the idea is that you'd typically have more stops on a longer journey, and therefore more places to transmit/receive the disease. If you are only stopping at the final destination, then the distance doesn't matter.
    Was she a patroler at Beaver Creek?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Mmmmmm

Beaver patrol
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Pretty sure 90% of this public shaming and calling people selfish for enjoying life is due to jealousy. They literally have a reason why you shouldn't be doing it no matter how responsible, independent, and careful you are.
    The fast-growing tribalism is shocking. Lots of people in ski towns telling people to stay away then posting pictures of skiing. LOL.
    This is not directed at you I'm just building on your point.

I don't think its jealousy, I think its disgust in humanity that you are seeing. It's like everyone is waiting in line and then someone cuts the entire line.

I know some people on this board are aspiring to be the next Instagram sensation. Ponder this; don't advertise what you are doing right now. Have some epic photo dump in a few weeks to show us all how rad you are or were or whatever.

Also, be fucking careful, that guy that broke his leg at the Heave just required people to save him and doctors to use supplies on him.

Now go get your exercise and keep to yourself. There are lots of people very scared of this for very good reasons (they may die) if you are not, consider yourself lucky.
    Hello darkness my old friend

^^^^^^^^.

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Plus infinity.

I’ve been a part timer up in TC for 20years as well and have great neighbors. One of which asked me why I wasn’t coming up for all the fresh snow? I’d really really like too and probably need to button up the house better for the long haul, but I too would feel like I was taxing the infrastructure and am way better off in terms up medical care in SF if needed. Anyway, the fact that this lady that asked me if i was coming didn’t give a second thought to the fact that she herself is pretty immunocompromised. If I went up there and somehow she got sick because of it I’d feel terrible.
    Last edited by mcski; 03-24-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Truckee Town Council is having a special meeting tomorrow 2-5, will be live streamed. One topic of discussion will be "non-essential housing" which I believe means considering a ban on short term rentals during the epidemic. Also on the agenda relief for unemployed workers and businesses. You can find a link to the live stream on the town web site.

https://www.townoftruckee.com/Home/C.../Event/7266/28

Edit: I just got a text from Truckee PD saying that Truckee and Nevada County are significantly restricting short rentals, whatever that means. I couldn't find any elaboration on country or town websites.
    Last edited by old goat; 03-24-2020 at 01:35 PM.

A look back at some February corn days that I brought the GoPro along. First chute I went into blind and it was the narrowest I’ve ever see it, a bit over my pay grade but still fun.

Thank you. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Truckee Town Council is having a special meeting tomorrow 2-5, will be live streamed. One topic of discussion will be "non-essential housing" which I believe means considering a ban on short term rentals during the epidemic. Also on the agenda relief for unemployed workers and businesses. You can find a link to the live stream on the town web site.

Edit: I just got a text from Truckee PD saying that Truckee and Nevada County are significantly restricting short rentals, whatever that means. I couldn't find any elaboration on country or town websites.

They should put a ban on short term rentals. No one should be moving around right now except essential needs. Don't see how it would be essential for someone to lodge in Truckee unless ya'll get an outbreak and medical teams need to move in.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    A look back at some February corn days that I brought the GoPro along. First chute I went into blind and it was the narrowest I’ve ever see it, a bit over my pay grade but still fun.
    Solid work.
    Lesser men would have side slipped a lot more.
    You kept turning, even when spicy dicey.

I feel your pain for the city invasion.
    So many neighbors here. Sheltering in place. But at least we have two decent hospitals.

Skied Tahoe many times, but never saw a city that could support a real hospital.

Where would they have enough vents, other than Reno?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Nope

First chute I went into blind and it was the narrowest I’ve ever see it, a bit over my pay grade but still fun.
    Is that RLP?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Plus infinity.

I’ve been a part timer up in TC for 20years as well and have great neighbors. One of which asked me why I wasn’t coming up for all the fresh snow? I’d really really like too and probably need to button up the house better for the long haul, but I too would feel like I was taxing the infrastructure and am way better off I terms up medical care in SF if needed. Anyway, the fact that this lady that asked me if I was coming didn’t give a second thought to the fact that she herself is pretty immunocompromised. If I went up there and somehow she got sick because of it I’d feel terrible.
    This^
    Haven't been to our condo in a month now.
    Was supposed to go up last weekend.
    Sucks but definitely dont want to get sick or get someone sick along the way.
    I imagine there are alot of us dealing with that.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

Press release:

https://yubanet.com/regional/truckee...d-hotel-stays/

Really nice vid TBC, really captures what a spectacular winter corn season we had this year. Thanks.

Here is the health officer order-- https://yubanet.com/wp-content/uploa...der-Signed.pdf
    short term rentals--not just airbnb but hotels, motels, etc to be used for homeless, essential workers, but not vacation rental. I imagine in Truckee enforcement will be mainly complaint based. Hopefully airbnb and vrbo will pull their listings but I'm not holding my breath.
    To me the biggest problem with short term and ski lease rentals is lack of respect for the community--like the guy next door, part of a group of about 6 running out their ski leas, who is dumping his ashes under the front deck, cold I hope. The same lack of respect applies to doing social distancing, not hoarding, etc.
    Last edited by old goat; 03-24-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    Is that RLP?
    Nope but there are clips from there, but it is in the Carson range, look at the lake and guess again and think south facing cause that’s for the most part what skied well, give ya all something to do, will let ya know if anyone guesses it right.

For those getting after it still I will share this

Had graupel come down for a good part of my solo tour today wind loaded zones it was up to a foot deep and made sluff management mandatory as there just a pile of ball bearings Could be a real problem once loaded with new snow. Quite a bit of spacial variability out there cause of the wind. Don't know how wide spread it is but passing on the info

For those getting after it still I will share this

Had graupel come down for a good part of my solo tour today wind loaded zones it was up to a foot deep and made sluff management mandatory as there just a pile of ball bearings Could be a real problem once loaded with new snow. Quite a bit of spacial variability out there cause of the wind. Don't know how wide spread it is but passing on the info
    West/southwest facing slopes were getting absolutely hammered down to old ice in rose area and big wind-loaded pillows were piling up on north/northeast facing ridges. Serious wind loading on northeast facing slopes too, foot-foot and a half deep in some spots. Wind buff made decent skiing in some spots but all aspects had a thick, breakable crust that made for funky skiing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

who even cares about skiing right now? I'm only here for the titties and beer.

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    who even cares about skiing right now? I'm only here for the titties and beer.
    Wanna car pool up to KW, take some laps and then hit a strip club on the way back?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Wanna car pool up to KW, take some laps and then hit a strip club on the way back?
    You may see some titties, but there's no way she's taking off that mask.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

I've heard through a semi-reliable source (at least at this hour of the morning!) that people skiing inbounds at Squaw today were caught and banned for life. Thought I would share. Don't get banned for life!

ETA: turns out my source was drunk or had received unreliable information. Not sure if this happened or not. Anyway, don't get banned4lyfe.
    Last edited by meter-man; 03-25-2020 at 12:00 PM.
    sproing!

Damn. That’s the hammer.

A look back at some February corn days
    Normally, when we have a YouTube here that won’t play on my phone I can see it by pasting the file name directly into YT. ‘Z9D8KDNXges’ or any variation gave zero results...?
    Thankfully I was able to send the video to Messages, the link worked.

I must really be getting old - that line had me very anxious. Good work. You were able to portray the pitch quite well.

Glad folks enjoyed the video, hopefully we get enough snow to enjoy those sunny sides again, south took a real beating in Feb, most of the lines in the video had burned out quite a bit by the time we got the first big storm and either unskiable or took some dry tooling that was not needed earlier in the month. First chute I don’t know the name of or even if the peak has a name, that’s 4th of July lake below it.

Looks like Tahoe forest has confirmed 3 cases so far, all residents outside of placer county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homewood has been taking the chairs off the Madden lift. Booo....but I get it.