Page 158 of 165 FirstFirst ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 4118
    I’ve seen no forecast data supporting a strong La Niña. Where’s that kid getting that? At any rate, the NOAA guesstimates on early/late winter consistently show about average precipitation amts and perhaps slightly warmer temps for NorCal, so I don’t see anything to get alarmed about or excessively stoked about. :shrug: https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...nal.php?lead=3

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My wife is on Next Door (yeah, I know). Some guy in Tahoe Donner posts "How do we get ready for winter?"
    Wonder how many of the Bay Area WFH transplants will still be here come next winter.
    A friend of mine rented her house this summer while she relocates for a couple years. When she listed it one couple from the bay area looking for a "life style change" looked at her snowblower in the garage and asked if that was the lawn mower Yea no way she was renting it to them.

Well it's just a matter of time before the outrage about discovering berms at the bottom of the drive show up. Hopefully.

Cheers to ImmaculateDeception for a blast from the past:Name:  IMG_94661.jpeg
Views: 1292
Size:  101.3 KB

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

FYI for the real hedz:
    Carbon Lhasa Pow 191 with ion for $500 at THE backcountry in truckee

God, please just send the asteroid already.
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    A friend of mine rented her house this summer while she relocates for a couple years. When she listed it one couple from the bay area looking for a "life style change" looked at her snowblower in the garage and asked if that was the lawn mower Yea no way she was renting it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I’ve seen no forecast data supporting a strong La Niña. Where’s that kid getting that? At any rate, the NOAA guesstimates on early/late winter consistently show about average precipitation amts and perhaps slightly warmer temps for NorCal, so I don’t see anything to get alarmed about or excessively stoked about. :shrug: https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...nal.php?lead=3
    it's on all the enso/la nina forecasting web sites. came out last week
    https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...%C3%B1a-update

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...ensodisc.shtml
    Last edited by powdork; 10-16-2020 at 12:02 AM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

My wife is on Next Door (yeah, I know). Some guy in Tahoe Donner posts "How do we get ready for winter?"
    Wonder how many of the Bay Area WFH transplants will still be here come next winter.
    Hope for a big winter with lots of wet snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Hope for a big winter with lots of wet snow.
    And a cold, gloomy spring with a slow thaw plus a decent April & even a bit of May snowfall.
    Reaching for that snow shovel in May should be the final demoralizing blow that gets them to:

Last edited by powpig; 10-16-2020 at 10:57 PM.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Been out of town for most of the last month or so, did a quick ride on the cartoon network in Truckee yesterday. Anyone know what's going on there? Seems our welcome has worn out on some of those trails. Just more logging, or something else going on?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Been out of town for most of the last month or so, did a quick ride on the cartoon network in Truckee yesterday. Anyone know what's going on there? Seems our welcome has worn out on some of those trails. Just more logging, or something else going on?
    I heard HKP has a reroute at the bottom cleanup in the middle and logging at the top...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Both J (not jackass) and HKP have logging going on until - I think - Oct 23 or so. There was a sign out there the other day.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Also upper BB is a mess (unnavigable) and there’s logging in the middle of SP as well.

Cool, was thinking logging, but you never know when some dumbass might get hurt and try suing and ruin it for everyone, glad that's not the case. Also, is there some holiday this weekend that I am unaware of? Both TC and SLT and everything in between were packed like a weekend in July. West shore around Bliss to Emerald Bay was actually by far the most crowded I've ever seen. So much for an offseason, but good for businesses that can maybe make up for losses earlier in the year.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

It is redonkulus around Truckee this weekend too. Will it ever end?
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Went hiking today--as crowded as mid summer.
    And the asshole level was epic.

^^^ Hiked marlette lake trail on friday afternoon. Passing count of 70 peeps and half a dozen horses.
    At least no Emopeds ecountered, tho plenty of tracks on last section that drop down to lake. (whole trail closed to bikes).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201016_142624.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	343915

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Post Labor Day used to be awesome. Kind of a bummer. It’s still relatively quiet mid week at least.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

similarly, does anybody have intel on what they're doing in donner state park? tons of work on the roads and changes to access points in the last ~3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by spnce View Post
    similarly, does anybody have intel on what they're doing in donner state park? tons of work on the roads and changes to access points in the last ~3 weeks
    It's part of the development going in at the mouth of Coldstream canyon. I believe the road work in the area is for a roundabout to replace the 4 way stop.
    I don't know what the ultimate impact will be on access to the canyon. Probably will have to be accessed through the park.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    ^^^ Hiked marlette lake trail on friday afternoon. Passing count of 70 peeps and half a dozen horses.
    At least no Emopeds ecountered, tho plenty of tracks on last section that drop down to lake. (whole trail closed to bikes).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201016_142624.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	343915

Saturday was absolutely crazy there too. The Rim Trail from 50 to snow valley peak was fairly quiet, at least. But man that last half of the loop into LTNSP was not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Forecasts seem to be all over the place right now, but looks like some rain/snow for the basin next weekend?? Snow levels around 8,000 feet Saturday morning, closer to 9k by afternoon. And for what it’s worth, this time it seems like the forecast over the past few days has been trending towards precip, rather than away from it.

Are you talking about a week out during the fall? Don’t count those chickens yet.

It's part of the development going in at the mouth of Coldstream canyon. I believe the road work in the area is for a roundabout to replace the 4 way stop.
    I don't know what the ultimate impact will be on access to the canyon. Probably will have to be accessed through the park.
    Agreed that's probably for the roundabout. Hopefully they can get it in before winter? Cutting it very close

It seems like they're also consolidating access to coldstream though -- they graded the road off of south shore drive and built a berm blocking access above the train tracks. I think you can still drive up the canyon if you go thru the fee station

They also shut the gate at south shore drive but maybe they always do that in the beginning of oct? I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by HJ5 View Post
    Forecasts seem to be all over the place right now, but looks like some rain/snow for the basin next weekend?? Snow levels around 8,000 feet Saturday morning, closer to 9k by afternoon. And for what it’s worth, this time it seems like the forecast over the past few days has been trending towards precip, rather than away from it.

I like it. I have always appreciated limbs and those who go out on them. It's nice to have BA (but inside a week, he's not much different from NWS). What would really impress me is somebuddy who would lay their money down two weeks out and then we see what happens, instead of a noncommittal forecast that keeps getting updated as we get closer. If you can make your final prediction the day of, you're usually pretty accurate.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage