Page 80 of 165 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 4118
    Quote Originally Posted by 2clue View Post
    That's a pretty big send on the top right for a time like this.
    Haha, nice bomb hole and several more tumbles until there are tracks out.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    We are immortal until proven otherwise.
    I watched that kid drop that thing on friday (not in our party). He looked 19. I was definitely most immortal around that age

also that rock band is definitely right under the drop, and the drop itself is larger than the photo suggests.

I think I'm used to being unable to control other people's stupidity, I'm just not used to it having such immediate ramifications on others (edit - or my own stupidity having those same ramifications)

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    also that rock band is definitely right under the drop, and the drop itself is larger than the photo suggests.
    +1 to that sentiment, its probably close to 40 feet. I saw those tracks and was like...wtf! Pretty big (and stupid) send for any time -if nothing else just due to the remoteness of the place.

You guys must have had a good session Friday...didn't leave us much!

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    We are immortal until proven otherwise.
    Neil Peart wrote that "We're only immortal for a limited time"

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

That;s not freedom. Americans think freedom means you can do anything you want. Freedom means freedom from tyranny, from foreign powers. Our bill of rights grants us freedom of speech, press, religion, assembly--not the freedom to act with total disregard of others. What the average American calls freedom would never have been recognized as such by the founding fathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    +1 to that sentiment, its probably close to 40 feet. I saw those tracks and was like...wtf! Pretty big (and stupid) send for any time -if nothing else just due to the remoteness of the place.

You guys must have had a good session Friday...didn't leave us much!
    More folks out there than I've ever seen, tbh. Here's another party dropping just climber's left of what you can see. good day fer sure -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2256.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	322968

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That;s not freedom. Americans think freedom means you can do anything you want. Freedom means freedom from tyranny, from foreign powers. Our bill of rights grants us freedom of speech, press, religion, assembly--not the freedom to act with total disregard of others. What the average American calls freedom would never have been recognized as such by the founding fathers.
    Well said, but ......

Yer an ol' fuk constitutional literalist!

OG, thanks for that clarification. Much more well said than myself! Don't wanna get into constitutional issues too much lol but it's just sad that there are people out there that have the idea in their head that they have the right to do whatever tf they want without thinking/caring about the consequences for others. Saw a couple snowmobiles on the Humboldt-Toiyabe side of Chickadee Ridge, they were heading straight for the Ophir Creek meadow if I didn't see them. Jeez, there's a fricken pandemic and everyone's off work and thinks it's a free-for-all. Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    More folks out there than I've ever seen, tbh. Here's another party dropping just climber's left of what you can see. good day fer sure
    Happy to see some stoke return to this thread! Heres some more...

Name:	C1.jpg 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	322981

Name:	C2.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	322982

Hard to tone it back sometimes, and I supposed everyone's comfort/risk level is different. To some, even just walking into the BC is a major risk. For others, 20 ft cliffs may feel like the equivalent of stepping off the curb.

Stoke? Hmn...if you say so?
    For bc skiers, nothing much has changed eh? Just more of you.
    Honestly more like FOMO for us, fwtw.
    Not making it feel good that we've basically just stayed indoors.
    (I'm resisting digging out Trekkers, and trying to unstick old skins stuffed away years ago)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by HJ5 View Post
    Also, I know of at least one person who has tested positive, had no symptoms and went out for a tour. So be wary of the trailhead.

Edit: wanna make it clear how irresponsible I think doing that is.
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Explain exactly how one gets a virus from somebody getting out of their own car and travelling into the woods? I'd love to know the physical machinations. Are these magic viruses?

^^^ damnit........almost got me responding to your troll but nobody can be that fucking stupid to actually believe that what selfish infected prick did was ok

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post

Name:	C1.jpg 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	322981
    Damn, you know it’s good when there’s still snow floating in the air from your previous turn.

I say bring on the stoke, it’s not going to change anyone’s mind either way at this point.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Talking

I shouldn't be looking at this thread anymore this season.

I think it is a good thing to NOT post about your outings. Not stoke, just a FOMO and it adds to the incentive for out of towners to do the same.

Not here to criticize peeps who are responsibly getting their fix, but please don't share or I'll be forced to show you my road rides on my mountain bike.

Hope to see ya'll late spring on the eastside or Shasta.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    bgnight was bragging about going to Denny's in Reno and how crowded it was.
    How dare you. I was eating at Pegs!

^^^^ signed
    end of season photo dumps will be $$$

Who feels the need to get tested then goes out and recreates? If I feel like crap, I'm definitely not going to climb up a mountain.

And PCR tests are pointless. ANY viral load of any amount or any kind will test positive. I've listened to enough doctors with PHD's the last couple weeks to know that.

I meant to take a picture, but there's new signs up at AM stating "Forest Service closure. Trespassing $5000 fine". Lol, a tad heavy handed. I guess Sugar Bowl had a guard posted along with signs. Time to get more stealthy.

If you don't think what is happening isn't Tyranny, you're delusional. This "planned"demic's sole purpose is unlimited governmental powers and to start weening the public to accept more draconian measures in the future. Mandated vaccines, cashless society, social credits, and all encompassing surveillance needs to be massaged into the public's psyche. There will be another worse pandemic in a few years. This is just a test run. The collective, hypnotic psychosis the public is under is jaw dropping. Now everyone is at home and forced to watch the shitty ass news, whose job is strictly to instill fear. (CBS nightly news just got caught using footage from an Italian hospital, claiming it was in NYC). "Social distancing", "we're all in this together", "stay at home" is Orwellian as fuck. They've already started hotlines to call so you can snitch on your neighbors. And for a virus that has now been proven to be only as contagious as the flu. Meanwhile, we're currently having one of the worst NON COVID19 flu/pneumonia seasons in the last 100 years, but since those have a name they don't fit the agenda. Check the CDC statistics, since Nov 1st there's been AT LEAST 3000 deaths per week* of the flu or pneumonia in the U.S. this season.
    And while you're all washing your fucking hands 20 times a day, they're destroying the economy and livelihood of millions. The lives it's ruining financially will cause more deaths and hardship that this virus left unchecked to run it's course. Riots are coming. Buy a gun.

Quarantine this right here.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamas View Post
    I shouldn't be looking at this thread anymore this season.

I think it is a good thing to NOT post about your outings. Not stoke, just a FOMO and it adds to the incentive for out of towners to do the same.

Not here to criticize peeps who are responsibly getting their fix, but please don't share or I'll be forced to show you my road rides on my mountain bike.

Hope to see ya'll late spring on the eastside or Shasta.
    I agree. Even if you are safe, you are encouraging others who may not be. Just go back a few posts to hear a story about a person who tested positive going for a tour. That guy doesn’t need to see any stoke of the great conditions he is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Check the CDC statistics, since Nov 1st there's been AT LEAST 3000 deaths per month of the flu or pneumonia in the U.S. this season.

So, 500 and counting have died today already... stop comparing it to the flu. Just stop.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    So, 500 and counting have died today already... stop comparing it to the flu. Just stop.
    Why not? flu and pneumonia are nasty af. How about TB? Kills 3k a day worldwide.

Ooops, I meant 3000 deaths PER WEEK!

Hey BG -
    Some folks have a scarier shadow than others. Just because you're not scared of your shadow doesn't mean others don't have a perfectly good reason to be terrified if the sun is shining just right. Don't be an authoritarian and tell others not to panic. That's un-american.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

I meant to take a picture, but there's new signs up at AM stating "Forest Service closure. Trespassing $5000 fine". Lol, a tad heavy handed. I guess Sugar Bowl had a guard posted along with signs. Time to get more stealthy.
    Some fucker skinned up the slope under the buttress (and further), and the sign went up.

If you don't think what is happening isn't Tyranny, you're delusional. This "planned"demic's sole purpose is unlimited governmental powers and to start weening the public to accept more draconian measures in the future.
    Am I lost? Is this the Dean Cummings thread?
    sproing!

If you don't think what is happening isn't Tyranny, you're delusional. This "planned"demic's sole purpose is unlimited governmental powers and to start weening the public to accept more draconian measures in the future. Mandated vaccines, cashless society, social credits, and all encompassing surveillance needs to be massaged into the public's psyche. There will be another worse pandemic in a few years. This is just a test run. The collective, hypnotic psychosis the public is under is jaw dropping. Now everyone is at home and forced to watch the shitty ass news, whose job is strictly to instill fear. (CBS nightly news just got caught using footage from an Italian hospital, claiming it was in NYC). "Social distancing", "we're all in this together", "stay at home" is Orwellian as fuck. They've already started hotlines to call so you can snitch on your neighbors. And for a virus that has now been proven to be only as contagious as the flu. Meanwhile, we're currently having one of the worst NON COVID19 flu/pneumonia seasons in the last 100 years, but since those have a name they don't fit the agenda. Check the CDC statistics, since Nov 1st there's been AT LEAST 3000 deaths per week* of the flu or pneumonia in the U.S. this season.
    And while you're all washing your fucking hands 20 times a day, they're destroying the economy and livelihood of millions. The lives it's ruining financially will cause more deaths and hardship that this virus left unchecked to run it's course. Riots are coming. Buy a gun.

WOW... it always amazes me that somehow convoluted conspiracy theories always seems more plausible than the more straightforward explanation of "scary new virus is much scarier than known viruses..."

Whenever I hear these theories, it always reminds me of the dad from "So I Married an Axe Murderer...."

The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar