Page 84 of 165 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 4118
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    they are still cleaning bathrooms in the sno-parks and if they didnt want people there, dont you think they would stop plowing the snoparks and close them down?
    Well, there you go. Got what you wanted. Now stay at home please and do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Because people are still going to exercise, and entitled don't give a fuck about the pandemic and will continue to drive to our favorite trailhead because we've rationalized that is what they mean by "essential outdoor recreation" is we get to keep doing what we've always done. Simple really.
    FIFY

I can see both sides of this. People are still going to get outside and exercise until we go full martial law, so given that reality it does seem counter intuitive to squeeze people into fewer access points.

On the other hand, some people only know the obvious access points and them being closed will keep them away. Maybe.

Staying in the house and only venturing out close to home to exercise is reasonable and prudent. What I have a problem with is the sanctimonious tone condemning anyone who might reasonably and prudently go skiing.

Whats the over/under for 40 cars at Tallac area parking and 20 on emerald bay DMZ on Monday? How long have the huge Eldo county closed area been on Echo Lakes. Look brand new. Corona update SLT has 7 cases Eldo at 15. Another fun fact, people breaking into VHRs to squat b/c they know they are likely empty. Serenity now, Apocalypse later.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Rider View Post
    Whats the over/under for 40 cars at Tallac area parking and 20 on emerald bay DMZ on Monday? How long have the huge Eldo county closed area been on Echo Lakes. Look brand new. Corona update SLT has 7 cases Eldo at 15. Another fun fact, people breaking into VHRs to squat b/c they know they are likely empty. Serenity now, Apocalypse later.
    Well if your going to squat a VHR make sure you do it on the Cali side because all the VHRs over here in Nevada are filled up with Covidiots: https://www.tahoedailytribune.com/ne...-self-isolate/

Quote Originally Posted by duffski View Post
    I really like this story, and it's awesome that they were able to self rescue. Everybody should have this mindset -in times of COVID or in normal times.

Direct quote from Hedley (victim):
    “Bottom line is, if you’re not willing to drag yourself out by hook or by crook, by whatever means necessary, you shouldn’t be out there. If you’re going to hurt yourself and the only way you’re going to get home is to call someone, that’s a really bad outlook.”

I guess I should say that I don't like that he broke his leg though. Rest and heal up quick man!

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    Stories like this piss me off. You can responsibly backcountry ski during this pandemic but is it too much to ask that if you go out to change your habits. Maybe don’t hit Waterhouse, Emerald or Carson Pass and don’t park at the regular spots in Sno Parks or in front of the trailhead. Maybe set your own safe skin track up the mountain and if you can’t do that than you shouldn’t be backcountry skiing during this pandemic.
    I think this is a result of so many inexperienced backcountry users being "forced" into the BC by the closure of the resorts, and the insatiable desire to ski.

Popular trailheads are perceived as "Safe" and known. People who are fairly new the BC are not going to be creative in where they go.

When this all started, I skied at a few popular places and was blown away at how many people were there. Got over that quick.

I also do feel the responsibility to ski in the local neighborhood, and not drive to ski. I just don't want to be around people right now obviously.

No sno park? No problem!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-hj9yPBE0n/
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    I don't even get what they were trying to do. I mean, what's the end goal here?

Quote Originally Posted by duffski View Post
    So after doing the self rescue scenario, did he also do self treatment? Because that's really the endpoint for the discussion...
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyadolescent View Post
    Staying in the house and only venturing out close to home to exercise is reasonable and prudent. What I have a problem with is the sanctimonious tone condemning anyone who might reasonably and prudently go skiing.
    Bingo.
    And dude in the article only kinda self rescued, with the help of others that happened to be there, though I feel it is our duty when we are out there to be ready to help out anyone else if something goes down. But it was a fluke injury, like can happen when you roll an ankle running, or tripping over something in the house, or slipping on ice in the driveway. And while I get that we don't want to overburden the hospitals with dumb shit right now, the hospital is there for all of us, for any reason that may require it. Are we at the point where we are going to start judging every person who has a medical emergency - "well that guy was in a wreck, but he shoulda just been staying home and not driving, but this guys got the covid, but he might have got that by not properly social distancing..."?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Rider View Post
    Glad I have a Tahoe neighbor who's home 24/7/365 literally always watching what's going on in the neighborhood. It was kind of creepy before the virus thing, now I kind of appreciate it.

For the record, I'm not saying do not go out and tour well within your skill range. If you are doing that prudently, bravo. I'm saying don't drive to go do it. The same thing I'm telling the several Bay Area families I know who are cooped up inter homes and right now debating going up to their 2nd homes or leases in Truckee, SLT, Meyers and Kirkwood. They are all smart rational safe people who are figuring the same as many here - that they will use a glove at the gas station, stop no where along the way, not interact with other once there, and get home in one piece and not causing more of a problem. The problem is, ya just don't know if that will actually be the case, because accidents happen. And if it is road accident, this tend to be much worse than slipping on ice in the driveway and turning an ankle. And shit changes. Anyone here think for a second back on MLK Day that resorts would close overnight in March? Hell, was anyone here thinking on Friday the 13th, that the last day of the season would be Saturday the 14th? Shit is changing quickly.

Sorry I'm a sanctimonious, colossal know it all, dick buzzkill, but this thing is not just about you, or me. We are all tied into this together. I see and hear it everyday. Most of my surf buddies are FD or EMT around the BA and they are on the front lines and it is not pretty. Shit is real. You don't want this up there. There is a pretty simple way to avoid it. Stay near home. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyadolescent View Post
    I think we’ve been responsible.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by mitanokaseifu View Post
    Glad I have a Tahoe neighbor who's home 24/7/365 literally always watching what's going on in the neighborhood. It was kind of creepy before the virus thing, now I kind of appreciate it.
    Creepy that someone lives here full time and knows what's going on around his house? Imagine how he feels about second homes/residential hotels surrounding him.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I don't even get what they were trying to do. I mean, what's the end goal here?
    Waze says that's the fastest way to Tahoe Donner.

Since NW Reno is actually East Truckee, I'm o.k. to come do backcountry around Tahoe?...rhetorical, cuz ya'll know how I roll.

Funny, cuz I KNOW a lot of Tahoe locals are coming down here to mountain bike and go bouldering (Doyle).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jackasses.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	493.3 KB 
ID:	323498
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jackasses.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	493.3 KB 
ID:	323498
    Great picture!

So the Forest Service planted land mines everywhere? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by morphintoskittle View Post
    Oh so quick to assume. I’ve got a pair of tech boots and they fit horrible. I’ll go ahead and keep making safe backcountry turns in my poorly fitting boots and meanwhile I’m doing research on where to get some new boots after all this blows over. Thanks for nothing!
    Up thread then bud, talked about it in oct, nov, and probably into december....

Oh the jackasses understand the danger they just don't give a shit. I've always had a dim view of my neighbors but this quarantine thing has really elevated that. Most everyone acts like its no big deal and are back and forth all day long, driving to ski, bike, snowmobile, having visitors over, vhr's are full, 2nd homeowners in town, construction workers still going at it on all the flips and remodels. The USA has gone full retard or maybe its just my little corner of it but from reading the internet I'm guessing not. Why even bother making rules if you are not going to enforce them? Only the chumps like me that follow the rules are punished for not doing what I want to go do but fuck it if I am going to lower myself to that level.