Page 27 of 165 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    ...because I actually enjoy skiing Heavenly and Kirkwood but I can’t justify buying a pass...
    Cutting off your nose to spite your face? Yeah we get it.
    Please change the record, change the record, the record, record...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Lapped Kirkwood yesterday morning and while the empty sunny groomers were nice, I drove down the road for an afternoon tour in some low angle trees.

Felt good to dust the cobwebs off
    Last edited by bonewrenched; 12-10-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Welcome back winter! Love these dark, low-sun-angle days of December.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191210_153004.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	305709

Name:	IMG_20191210_160029.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	305711

Name:	IMG_20191210_164533~2.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	305712

Name:	IMG_20191210_173350.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	305714
    sproing!

could tomorrow be our first sleeper pow day?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

We’re going never to land....

Name:	IMG_6632.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	305715 (1st pic by jaytee)

Name:	IMG_6266.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	971.6 KB 
ID:	305716

Name:	IMG_6355.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	305717

Name:	IMG_6376.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	305718

Name:	IMG_6479.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	305721

......flying on the power of Love

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Should be I sacrificed the lamb. Decided to shatter the wife's Sunroof clearing the snow from her car Sunday. Closest fix is Medesto (no shit) Probably be driving right by the Wood about 730am. WTF.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

closest cardboard and duct tape is modesto?

sounds bout right for momethto

It's Methdeathsto, guys. Take it from me, I'm a native.

^^^ how do you get out of that bowl, gimpy? climb back out? down to the valley for car shuttle?

always wondered the logistics of that zone

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Hell yea it was!
    Heavenly opened the California side today and besides the free burritos and neck buffs there was plenty of untracked cream cheese to be had.

First 6 runs off powder bowl chair I never crossed a track, don’t think that’s ever happened before.

Spats dropping in to the knar that is heavenly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 12-11-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Fat flakes were falling at Luther when I finished my after work workout. The lower half was legit mank, with proto-mank above. Here's hoping the next few days are cooler than expected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Sweat hill was also manktastic

Kirkwood open wall-2-wall aka 100% on Friday, Dec. 13. Must be because the amazing data analysts in Broomfield are sooooooo smart. https://www.instagram.com/p/B5-uBsIAh25/

Full incident report up on SAC for that Castle Peak slide: https://www.sierraavalanchecenter.or...de-castle-peak

666, there was a large wet slide and 10' flank walls in the bottom of 75, but the upper half was minty fresh. Squaw did that cool thing where they let people hike KT the day before they opened it. Gotta remember that for next year.

Name:	IMG_20191211_095932.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	305928
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Kirkwood open wall-2-wall aka 100% on Friday, Dec. 13. Must be because the amazing data analysts in Broomfield are sooooooo smart. https://www.instagram.com/p/B5-uBsIAh25/

Full incident report up on SAC for that Castle Peak slide: https://www.sierraavalanchecenter.or...de-castle-peak

666, there was a large wet slide and 10' flank walls in the bottom of 75, but the upper half was minty fresh. Squaw did that cool thing where they let people hike KT the day before they opened it. Gotta remember that for next year.

Name:	IMG_20191211_095932.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	305928
    That is the kind of Kirkwood operations I expected from Vail running Kirkwood. Major props to all the folks at the Wood that made this happen. You guys are awesome despite Broomfield data scientists. But most importantly y’all don’t have to hear me bitch about it anymore

praise the baby jesus!!!!!

Deleted my bad
    Last edited by gimpy; 12-13-2019 at 03:50 AM.

Wasn’t it a while before there was any report when it Holmes got buried with the catskiing crew?

Wasn’t it a while before there was any report when it Holmes got buried with the catskiing crew?
    There never was a formal report. A few weeks later he just did an interview with Powder and that was it. As far as I can remember, anyway, there's a chance I'm mistaken. (and for the record, IMO the report was the responsibility of the cat operation to submit, not JT)

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I call bullshit. No way they get 4 open tomorrow with the winds blowing. Should be nice for the weekend. Stoked to get out, but gotta be super mellow. Gonna be a cruising.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I call bullshit. No way they get 4 open tomorrow with the winds blowing. Should be nice for the weekend. Stoked to get out, but gotta be super mellow. Gonna be a cruising.
    Lol, are you trolling me . And I do like the new buddy feature, everything done online so that they can get even more data for those data scientists

As for reporting avalanches, I know that in Canada they have a private avalanche reporting system used by guides and commercial companies such as heli and cat skiing. Wonder if they have something similar in the states and if they do then JT’s avalanche was most likely reported there. It sure would be nice if they reported it to SAC also. Stay safe out there guys and remember that PWLs can be triggered on the uphill too so choose your skin track carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    funny how the party involved with the burial at castle didnt give a first hand report. especially since it was a actually a team gathering of some well known folks practicing safety and rescue and the like from a multiday session based out of the grub hut. id expect better from them. not gonna name names, but some ball busting on ig is in order
    Agreed. They should own it, especially since it was such an obvious likely trigger spot. They dida great job in the rescue, so I don't think they have anything to be ashamed of. People can really learn from others' experiences, and even more so when their personal perspective brings it home. I'm not on IG but if that's the right venue for a little pressure, have at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

So to follow up on that post that I’ve since deleted, I’d like to relay some facts.
    While sac made it sound like a separate random party were the only ones to report the castle avy, it was in fact just a separate touring group from the same large gathering in that zone. They did contact sac within a couple hours with all the deets of the incident and really did do everything on the up n up. So I’m sorry for my shitty hot take yesterday++++

rose was surprisingly good this morning. slide side was spinning, dust on crust but quite wind loaded in the normal spots. A few face shots for the upper 400-600' and then a little heavier down below. it definitely rained up high yesterday. with no one up there and strong winds it was truly a free refills situation

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    So to follow up on that post that I’ve since deleted, I’d like to relay some facts.
    While sac made it sound like a separate random party were the only ones to report the castle avy, it was in fact just a separate touring group from the same large gathering in that zone. They did contact sac within a couple hours with all the deets of the incident and really did do everything on the up n up. So I’m sorry for my shitty hot take yesterday++++

I hope that they eventually publish a more detailed, firsthand account of the incident. The current SAC report is fairly minimal. Of course, it's their prerogative, but I always learn a ton from such personal postmortem write-ups.