Page 88 of 165 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 4118

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    We already told them we are not sending the cleaners there until at least 72 hours after the last tenants left. If the cleaners will even go at all.

Then they said they will still fly in on the 11th and just stay elsewhere if they have to.
    I told them all sort terms and hotels in Truckee are closed to non essential guests.
    They said they will stay in Reno.
    Fucking dumb vector cunts.

I know they will come regardless of what I say or do.
    I also understand that in tough times we circle the wagons and will "save our own first", but how do we counter that as a member of the community?
    If the shit hit the fan and I had a spare property and family in need, it would be hard to see past our own need to take care of them.
    still, it pisses me off to witness it coming at us.
    Reading about this makes me think of all the articles I’ve seen talking about how homeless populations are a threat and problematic source of the virus. Seems to me that people like this pose a much greater threat to our communities right now. People like this will listen to absolutely nothing anybody tells them if it doesn’t fit whatever they were already thinking in their head. Their bullheadedness is what will do us in in the end, not the people who have nowhere to go.

Sucks you have to deal with that. Also, all hotels in Reno are shut down. Not sure about Airbnb or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

you should def report them to truckee code enforcement. id love to see an air travel ban for next 30-60 days but cheetoh will never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post

still waiting for someone to show me the curve for tahoe or even california for that matter. everything im seeing is saying we are the only bright spot in the entire country
    There aren't enough cases in the Tahoe area to make a meaningful graph but the number of cases is rising steeply, this was posted several pages back--look it up in the Truckee Sun if you like--and the numbers suggest we have more cases per capita than the CA average.
    Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    So one of the ski leases we managed in Truckee is up on the 10th. Homeowners called us today saying they want it clean and ready for their son and his friends to use it on the 11th, after they fly out from their place of residence in Manhattan, because "NY is so crazy right now".

We are contractually done when the ski lease is over, so I am writing them a very heavy worded email about their cuntiness because they are well aware that the county and town have asked second homeowners to stay away from Truckee, let alone flying in a group of 20something family members to escape the hotbeds of infection and death to hang out here.

I don't expect them to change their plans as they've already justified their own well being over that of the community with lines like "they're fine...", " It's just 4 of them", "yes, they will self quarantine for 14 days, are the grocery stores well stocked because they'll need to go shopping right away to stock up"

Everyone is so special.
    Fuck off, stay away and don't fuck over others with your selfishness.
    Truckee and Nevada County have not asked people to stay away from their second homes. They have asked people to stay put in whatever house they are in first, second, or tenth. The Truckee town attorney has stated publicly that banning second homeowners is unenforceable and in his opinion illegal and unconstitutional. We'll see what happens with the ban in SLT. As far as the second homeowners supposedly buying up all the food and filling up the hospitals--the Truckee groceries are better stocked and the hospital emptier than those in the city. It's the cities that should be banning people from the hills who come to shop and who want to be transferred to a big city hospital when they get bad sick--don't you think?

If people in the mountains want to keep out the "outsiders" we should be prepared to do without the food and gas and spare parts that come from warehouses in the cities. Either go it alone completely or accept that we are part of a whole.

Agree that having a family reunion is a terrible idea. We're telling our son--doctor in Boston--not to come as planned in June. Not being able to see our kids is the most painful part of this--especially as our other son in Sacramento is being assigned to Reno and being deployed god knows where by the AF come July.

It's understandable that people in NYC would want to get out. Those of us who are lucky enough not to be there have no right to bar the doors for those who are lucky enough to have somewhere else to go. The morality of it aside--everyone who doesn't get Covid makes all of us safer in the end. This is one country--750,000 or so died to keep it that way--we are all in this together, these rants against people we think don't belong disgust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Rider View Post
    Send them to SLT, our mayor has a $1000 max daily fine for not sheltering in place designed particularly for those using 2nd homes and VHRs. We also have 70 beds at Barton , 7 ICU beds and 8 Ventilators for the year round population of 23k people, and 11 covid cases at last count! (sarcastic tone). I question my VHR neighbors treating our town like a corona vacation, yes I'm that guy, NIMBY.

If only CA could block NYers/and intrastate travel like Rhode Island did.
    BTW--the first case in Truckee was a local who was a returning overseas traveler. She apparently infected some in her church. The idiot friends of ours who have it are also locals who are returned travelers.

What is so hard to understand about shelter in place?
    It is useless if everyone thinks they are the special case it doesn't apply to.

And don't compare goods to people, poor strawman.

And your last paragraph contradicts everything above it and makes my point exactly.

Stay the fuck where you are, here, there, wherever. Don't travel here to your second home to escape.elsewhere. Don't travel. Period.

Placer is growing but Sacramento is a hotbed now with one of the nation's largest clusters. Washoe too with 245 confirmed cases and 4 deaths. California seems to be doing well but we're not out of the woods yet by any means.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Ahhh.... fuck it I’m done arguing and done engaging. Stay well +++

Y’all see that ESAC has stopped issuing forecasts? SAC still continuing.

https://www.esavalanche.org/

On a positive note - traffic accidents and fatalities are way down due to lock down. In California, probably more lives saved not driving than lost to #wuhanflu.
    https://thehill.com/changing-america...c-accidents-in

Damn, some of you need to pop a gummy and chill the fuck out. There’s a whole lot of grey area in all of this and the absolutism doesn’t help.

2 of my best friends are ER doctors. Several friends and family are nurses (a few are infected now). They are all pretty much saying the same thing: get out and exercise and it’s fine to drive there just be extra careful and use common sense.

Glad that SAC is still forecasting. People are going to ski when it snows a few feet and putting up a high advisory is more likely to keep people safe and out of local hospitals or requiring a SAR response. IMHO.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Damn, some of you need to pop a gummy and chill the fuck out. There’s a whole lot of grey area in all of this and the absolutism doesn’t help.

2 of my best friends are ER doctors. Several friends and family are nurses (a few are infected now). They are all pretty much saying the same thing: get out and exercise and it’s fine to drive there just be extra careful and use common sense.

Glad that SAC is still forecasting. People are going to ski when it snows a few feet and putting up a high advisory is more likely to keep people safe and out of local hospitals or requiring a SAR response. IMHO.
    I don’t think anyone here is saying that it’s bad to get out and exercise safely. The problem is that people are not doing things safely, including exercising, and that’s why our curve looks like it does. IMO, now is not the time to tell people to “chill” but to remind them to use extra caution. We all need to do our part.

And I will say it again IMO, no American should put powder ahead of the Corona Virus. If you can get some exercise and ski some pow good on you, but don’t put others at risk so that you can shred some pow.

Yeah, agreed w/ above I’m not sure that SAC is really encouraging any more backcountry use just by keeping the forecasts up to date. I guess for eastern Sierra the only town there is Mammoth. Much less populated than Tahoe area, less “locals” who could theoretically be skiing while maintaining shelter in place. Idk, each avy center is just doing what they think is best for community

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just as a side note from all the CV talk. This storm is pretty impressive for April. Nuking all day, with probably close to 2 ft. by the time we left. And not just Sierra Cement, but cold blower -some of the best I've had in Tahoe. If the forecasts with 5" of water hold, shits going to be really deep. Unprecedented for this late in the year.

Sorry, I went skiing. Flame me please.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tshred.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	324256

Best Under Desk Treadmaill

Best Under Desk Treadmill
    Health is life and while all of us want to stay fit and healthy, not everyone has the time to get in a routine of exercises and a good diet for achieving it. However, we can make things easier for ourselves by buying machines like an under desk treadmill.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Thought about it. Still doing whatever I want in regards to outdoors. I'm not putting myself under house arrest because some corrupt fuckwads at CDC/WHO are making up shit on the fly based on bullshit PCR tests. Especially when this is obviously an orchestrated implosing of the world economy. I'm not the least bit worried about a "virus". People that wear masks and gloves that aren't sick are already infected with a worse kind of virus. Anyone with the least bit of critical thinking can see everyone around them is acting absolutely insane. The CDC/WHO are bought and paid for by big pharma. They DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH.
    Jesus christ there are so many utterly dumb things you said right there I'm not even going to start with any of them.

I hope you don't loose anyone close to you in this. But if you do, that would be a good piece of evidence for karma.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Jesus christ there are so many utterly dumb things you said right there I'm not even going to start with any of them.

I hope you don't loose anyone close to you in this. But if you do, that would be a good piece of evidence for karma.
    Don’t bother disagreeing with Dr. BGnight. He graduated top of his class, I hear.

Name:  IMG_0293.JPG
Views: 647
Size:  117.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    Unprecedented for this late in the year.
    Cmon man - this is wrong on a few different levels.

Sorry, I went skiing. Flame me please.
    Flame you? No
    Nuke the thread?
    Doubt it, but poking the bear doesn't help. And I'd be lying if i said I hadn't already been wrestling with the ethical dilemma of such a dick move.
    Last edited by powdork; 04-06-2020 at 12:50 AM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Don't complain, you guys have it good.
    In the ski resort I'm in France there's a total lockdown, can only get out of the house for an emergency, no skiing, biking at all.
    They use helicopters to see if anyone is in the mountains.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Name:  IMG_0293.JPG
Views: 647
Size:  117.4 KB
    Haaaaaa so good

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Doubt it, but poking the bear doesn't help. And I'd be lying if i said I hadn't already been wrestling with the ethical dilemma of such a dick move.
    I suppose I am being insensitive.

Did you get out there? Curious to compare obs.
    Found a lot of really reactive snow, with bad bonding to the old melt/wind crust. Lots of loading in a short amount of time also doesn't help. Mostly just sloughing -but the new snow was light and deep enough to really blow out.

I'm not sure why SAC downgraded the avy forecast from yesterday. It was windy AF and seemed to be nuking all night. If anyone is out there today -definitely be careful. I'd give it some time to settle out before jumping on anything thats not -30 degree dad pow.

What we need is a virus that only infects trolls and makes their dicks fall off.

I suppose I am being insensitive.

Did you get out there? Curious to compare obs.
    Found a lot of really reactive snow, with bad bonding to the old melt/wind crust. Lots of loading in a short amount of time also doesn't help. Mostly just sloughing -but the new snow was light and deep enough to really blow out.

I'm not sure why SAC downgraded the avy forecast from yesterday. It was windy AF and seemed to be nuking all night. If anyone is out there today -definitely be careful. I'd give it some time to settle out before jumping on anything thats not -30 degree dad pow.
    Crystal ball says somebody is gonna find themselves in a shitty situation today. Hope I'm not right, but we'll see.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Was walking the dogs when the Gazex on Pete's Peril at alpine was used. Snow slid quite far. I don't trust my visual observations, but 500? 1000? feet? Large fractures visible more than a couple places on the mountain. Seems sketch. I am not a snow scientist.