Page 3 of 165 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Level 1's "final" feature film, Romance, is screening at The Hangar in SLT this Saturday, Oct. 6.
    Did you go to the Moment factory showing last Saturday?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Tahoe mags, talking to Mrs L2S, she is most open to doing a fall/winter 2020/21 stay up in SLT. If you know of a good property manager for me to hit up now to discuss moving up there next fall for up to a year, I would appreciate a pm. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

According to this map, SnoBowl in Elko might be the "local" goto spot this season...

Though it also implies that we might have "cold smoke" in Tahoe...

Name:  weather-map.jpg
Views: 6033
Size:  325.4 KB
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

What's worse than wet? Dry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Winter is coming!!

^Outstanding first post!
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Tahoe mags, talking to Mrs L2S, she is most open to doing a fall/winter 2020/21 stay up in SLT. If you know of a good property manager for me to hit up now to discuss moving up there next fall for up to a year, I would appreciate a pm. Thanks
    I think Chris Mcnamara (of aid climbing and base jumping fame) has a bunch of properties, or manages them up in SLT. Forget the name of the business though.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Bet you have a life-served WROD before we do, though.

At least Winter Park's bike park is still open for another weekend...
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

OK, its not skiing. But here's what I did on Sunday. When I was back in NH in August, they wouldn't let me try the new toy because my new knee was too new. But now that its cold, I got the green light. This was my very first try wakesurfing.

I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

So I guess Vail is going to charge for parking at Northstar this season. lol... No carpool exceptions, just a pure cash grab. It's like they're going out of their way to make Squaw / Alterra look good, or less shitty anyway.

On a related note, my cousin's wife who lives in Denver took a job with Vail corporate last year - somewhat high up. Devil status confirmed, they're fucking awful and she's going to take some time off now to be with the kids because she can't handle it anymore. And working there meant she never got to ski, ironically.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    So I guess Vail is going to charge for parking at Northstar this season. lol... No carpool exceptions, just a pure cash grab. It's like they're going out of their way to make Squaw / Alterra look good, or less shitty anyway.

On a related note, my cousin's wife who lives in Denver took a job with Vail corporate last year - somewhat high up. Devil status confirmed, they're fucking awful and she's going to take some time off now to be with the kids because she can't handle it anymore. And working there meant she never got to ski, ironically.
    https://www.sierrasun.com/news/north...ce-congestion/

Still free at the Castle Peak lot, but WTF.

Fuck cancer
    Gonna ski like it's 1999

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

If looking for a lease in Kirkwood, my biddies neighbor is renting out their place. 3 bed, 2 bath. Sleeps 6 in beds. A little older. On KW Meadow Drive between Fremont and Merrill. Let me know if you need info. Pretty sure it is on the KW reality site. $4500/month. A little rich for my blood, but would be a great full time home for employees/staff/season ski bums.

Includes free in valley parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    If looking for a lease in Kirkwood, my biddies neighbor is renting out their place. 3 bed, 2 bath. Sleeps 6 in beds. A little older. On KW Meadow Drive between Fremont and Merrill. Let me know if you need info. Pretty sure it is on the KW reality site. $4500/month. A little rich for my blood, but would be a great full time home for employees/staff/season ski bums.

Includes free in valley parking.
    Not to be rude, but what KW employee could afford $4,500/mo? Even with three people splitting that is still insane.

Your ski town math is off. 10 people @ 450....easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

What I would like to see is the city start charging for parking at all ski resorts and 100% of the proceeds go to improving traffic during the winter. Don’t know how that would work legally, but I wouldn’t mind paying for parking if the money went to improving the shit show that Truckee has become during the winter.

What city would charge for parking at the ski hill lots?

Last I remember, it cost $$ to park for castle peak, too, cuz it’s a snow park. Not a lot of $$ but not free.

Bummer about the northstar parking thing. We’ve enjoyed the free ice skating there in the past.

I think he's talking about the Castle Peak lots within Northstar (next to the entrance roundabout), not the snow park by Boreal.

I predict a shitshow on weekends when the only free lots start to fill up and traffic backs up onto 267.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    What city would charge for parking at the ski hill lots?

Last I remember, it cost $$ to park for castle peak, too, cuz it’s a snow park. Not a lot of $$ but not free.

Bummer about the northstar parking thing. We’ve enjoyed the free ice skating there in the past.
    I am not sure how it would work or if it is legal but one idea would be a city toll/fee on every car that enters a ski resort parking lot, similar to a toll on a road. Resort pays the toll/fee and decides how much and how to pass it off to the consumer. 100% of revenue from that fee/toll goes to improving traffic in the area.

Personally I would trust the city to do more to improve traffic than the Alterra or Vail.

Development fees can specifically go towards parking and transit. With northstar in placer county, there’d need to be a lot of cooperation between northstar, caltrans, town of Truckee, Kings beach, placer co, Nevada county, and probably TTD to make something useful happen. It’d sure be nice...

Yeah I realize that it’s an optimistic idea because everyone would have to work together for a common goal and that’s not easy. I just trust the city more than Alterra and Vail to lead the effort since the city doesn’t report to shareholders. If Vail pledged that 100% of the revenues from the parking fees would go toward reducing traffic I would not object to it. Heck it would be even better if Vail and Alterra both started charging for parking and worked together with each other and the city to use 100% of the revenue to improve traffic. I am not holding my breath...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Meanwhile, in Lapland, they recycled last year's snow so they could be the first non-glacial ski area to spin lifts for the 19/20 season...

https://snowbrains.com/first-non-gla...jqWYiCCpYAHUes

Bet they don't charge for parking, either...

PS
    Seems that Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe earned the distinction of being the first U.S. ski hill to start making snow this season...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Rose opens Oct 25

The following weekend, the California Avalanche Workshop takes place on Saturday, Nov 2 in Tahoe City. Presented by by Sierra Avalanche Center, speakers include local experts as well as some regional voices. Tickets available now ($20) - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/califor...ts-73070619189'

Neither rose nor SAC will be charging for parking this year

also wtf - how many epic passes do you think vail sold before announcing that?? Jeesus days are numbered at the wood

Yeah that is what sucks. Sell passes with assumption that parking is free. Then start charging for parking. Most peeps won’t really think about it, they’ll just pay the $. We’ve got a similar situation brewing here at the moment.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.