Page 91 of 165 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 4118
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nICE.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	324501
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw that over tallac today.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Found a grey avy shovel in a snowbank near the castle peak snow park. Probably buried on Sunday. If it's yours, PM me the model and I'll find a way to get it back to you

PSA: Somebuddy has 195 Hojis for sale with Rad ST in Incline Village for $400. Pretty good deal if anybuddy wants a baller touring setup. Bring some bleach solution. Not mine and no connection to seller. Just passing this along.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ssenger_banner
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

PSA: If anyone left their googles in bag at the end of Wintoon yesterday, they are probably still there.

Ya don't think someone will want to try to steal those?

We parked/locked our bikes the other day out on the trail to hike a loop with e family. My wife was worried about leaving her bike helmet there un secured. Told I doubt anyone would be stealing her sweating helmet during the plague. (note - we were too far from town for the usual meth heads to steal shit)

Hojis look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Hojis look nice.
    I'm tempted and I definitely don't need em

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    To follow up,
    Email sent to homeowners with links to county and town requests to SIP and not travel here. Stated our personal case as residents.

Response as expected, to paraphrase:

"Thankyou for your informative email, we put a lot of thought into our decision, and will be having our son come out to stay at the house regardless of your concerns"

Basically a full "fuck you we'll do what we damn well please to get our kid out of NY"
    Also send them this
    https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020...sidents-leave/
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Ugh.

Rate of positive cases is about 3 times the Sacramento County rate--obviously how many people are tested makes the statistic fairly meaningless. Sounds like the hospital is basing their figure on population of Truckee even though many of the positives are from other north tahoe communities--much bigger denominator. Obviously they doctored the figures to scare people away. 6 people in TF is significant though. No one in their right mind wants to be there with the Covid. I wonder how many of those folks will be transferred to Renown and other big hospitals.

kinda surprised they opened the emerald curtain again after this last cycle to prevent some travel back n forth between north shore/south shore

yeah ottime if those goggles were left out at a santa cruz surf spot, theyd be gone in minutes. in meyers, .... not so much. and speaking of the cruz zone, i was talking with a buddy down there who works highway recovery. he said that due to the minimal traffic on the highways, there have been increasing rollovers and really bad accidents from young n dumb d-bags driving their fast cars (read teslas) 100+ mph (one was 136) on these deserted highways, ......oftentimes into some poor innocent driver doing the posted speed limit.

I don't know if this post violates the new thread guidelines or not, but for anyone who is actually interested in a visual reading of this year's snowpack... here is an update (and likely representation of this year's maximum). Taken on Tuesday evening.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chur2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	324648

Shit, that spoils my plans for buying jewelry at Safeway. Sorry, honey.

well that still leaves you kmart.
    also, $1,800?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Following prolonged deliberation, El Dorado and Placer county health officials, mayors and community leaders created a joint statement with a simple message: "if you don't live here, please go away." When pressed for further clarification, they re-iterated that this directive specifically applies to homeowners who claim a primary residence outside of the county area, stating that part-time homeowners should "fuck right off and get out of here".

Listeners questioned how second homeowners who are abiding by the letter and spirit of the shelter in place rules are creating more risk in the community. "They're coming here from the Bay Area and bringing the China virus with them," county officials explained, "There was no China virus before they were here, and now they're here and now we have it. We just don't trust them or have the infrastructure here to care for them."

Second homeowners who have been living here for the winter questioned why their circumstances are different from the seasonal workers and J-1s visiting temporarily from New Hampshire and Argentina. "Well the seasonal workers are different, they have worse jobs than ours, so we're not intimidated by them and frankly, we need somebody left in the community to look down on" a county spokesman entered into the public record.

They continued, "Look, we really love our second homeowners, but it's just not the time for you to be up here. You need to go back to where you came from. And keep paying your property taxes, and please continue to support Tahoe small businesses - just from afar." When pressed on the logistics of this, county officials replied "please just leave a pile of cash in an envelope on your doorstep when you depart. We will ensure the money is split equitably between Alpenglow, the Keep Tahoe Blue Foundation, and the Placer County motor vehicle pool budget. And please continue to purchase homes to support our property values, just don't plan to come live in them, or rent them. Just please look at photos of your new home on Zillow from your Bay Area couch."

Asked about the limited resources in the Tahoe area as they prepare for a surge, a Placer County health officer replied, "we are very fortunate to be close to the Bay Area and their world-class health infrastructure - we are currently receiving surplus medical devices from their stockpile and have contingencies to send patients down the hill to open beds should the need arise."

Exasperated listeners made a final press on the fairness of the issue, and mechanisms for enforcement. County spokespeople replied unanimously, "The Bay visitors have been nothing but trouble, especially the second homeowners just trying to live safely with their families. All Tahoe locals have been perfectly abiding by the shelter in place rules, staying in their homes and only leaving for a walk around the block and picking up prescriptions for their elderly neighbors. These second homeowners and their small children have been congregating at trailheads, posting photos of sick air on Instagram, throwing bonfire parties behind the Raley's and engaging in generally unsafe behavior. Look, we full-time residents have always had a love-hate relationship with the part-time residents, and this health crisis is giving us the opportunity to really lean into the 'hate' side of things."

County officials did acknowledged that this directive could only be taken as a suggestion, and preventing somebody from abiding by shelter in place rules at their own physical residence is legally and constitutionally unenforceable.

well that still leaves you kmart.
    also, $1,800?
    She must have licked some toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Following prolonged deliberation, El Dorado and Placer county health officials, mayors and community leaders created a joint statement with a simple message: "if you don't live here, please go away." When pressed for further clarification, they re-iterated that this directive specifically applies to homeowners who claim a primary residence outside of the county area, stating that part-time homeowners should "fuck right off and get out of here".

Listeners questioned how second homeowners who are abiding by the letter and spirit of the shelter in place rules are creating more risk in the community. "They're coming here from the Bay Area and bringing the China virus with them," county officials explained, "There was no China virus before they were here, and now they're here and now we have it. We just don't trust them or have the infrastructure here to care for them."

Second homeowners who have been living here for the winter questioned why their circumstances are different from the seasonal workers and J-1s visiting temporarily from New Hampshire and Argentina. "Well the seasonal workers are different, they have worse jobs than ours, so we're not intimidated by them and frankly, we need somebody left in the community to look down on" a county spokesman entered into the public record.

They continued, "Look, we really love our second homeowners, but it's just not the time for you to be up here. You need to go back to where you came from. And keep paying your property taxes, and please continue to support Tahoe small businesses - just from afar." When pressed on the logistics of this, county officials replied "please just leave a pile of cash in an envelope on your doorstep when you depart. We will ensure the money is split equitably between Alpenglow, the Keep Tahoe Blue Foundation, and the Placer County motor vehicle pool budget. And please continue to purchase homes to support our property values, just don't plan to come live in them, or rent them. Just please look at photos of your new home on Zillow from your Bay Area couch."

Asked about the limited resources in the Tahoe area as they prepare for a surge, a Placer County health officer replied, "we are very fortunate to be close to the Bay Area and their world-class health infrastructure - we are currently receiving surplus medical devices from their stockpile and have contingencies to send patients down the hill to open beds should the need arise."

Exasperated listeners made a final press on the fairness of the issue, and mechanisms for enforcement. County spokespeople replied unanimously, "The Bay visitors have been nothing but trouble, especially the second homeowners just trying to live safely with their families. All Tahoe locals have been perfectly abiding by the shelter in place rules, staying in their homes and only leaving for a walk around the block and picking up prescriptions for their elderly neighbors. These second homeowners and their small children have been congregating at trailheads, posting photos of sick air on Instagram, throwing bonfire parties behind the Raley's and engaging in generally unsafe behavior. Look, we full-time residents have always had a love-hate relationship with the part-time residents, and this health crisis is giving us the opportunity to really lean into the 'hate' side of things."

County officials did acknowledged that this directive could only be taken as a suggestion, and preventing somebody from abiding by shelter in place rules at their own physical residence is legally and constitutionally unenforceable.
    lol... that was hilarious. Did you write that or copy and paste from somewhere?

FWIW I think there's a big difference between occupying a residence that you own vs. renting out to other people. The first is... debatable. The second is just not cool whatsoever. I had my place rented out a few times in the second half of March and just immediately cancelled on them and gave a full refund.

I was already in the process of making the Truckee house my primary residence, but guess that will have to wait for now. On that note... are they still issuing new PO Boxes at the post office due to the screwy mail delivery situation in the area?

^^^ Thank you for that emcee, I'm dying (not of cv19 but laughter)

If you go to the town of truckee web site there is nothing on it about second homeowners getting out. There is concern raised about the rate of growth and the possibility of the hospital being overwhelmed. Given the size and lack of experience with critical illness at Tahoe Forest and the rate of infection in the community one could certainly draw the conclusion that people in Truckee who have somewhere else to go might be better off leaving, regardless of whether they are second homeowners or not (but not to go live with someone else, which limits the options). But the CBS piece seems to be based on the individual opinion of one county supervisor and not on any governmental action at the town, country or district level.

While it is certainly possible that small hospitals like TF could be overwhelmed I think it is likely that big city hospitals, especially referral centers like UC Davis and Renown, will be overwhelmed sooner.

I did feel the need to convert some frustration into satire. The article I saw was in the santa cruz sentinel which had quotes from city officials explicitly targeting the message to second homeowners. I absolutely do not sympathize with weekend warriors making short trips back and forth during this time, but I know a lot of friends who have been up there since the SIP went into effect in the bay in mid-march, and are following the rules just like everybody else. I imagine they are all going to stay put up there just like they're supposed to.

https://www.santacruzsentinel.com/20...s-to-keep-out/

Weird how those of us taking the shelter in place serious likely found it not very funny at all. Noone is complaining of second homeowners that have been here all winter. it's those that got bored after a week of sheltering elsewhere and decided Tahoe would be better. or those that are going back and forth. comparing people doing that to j-1 workers is ridiculous. Noone as far as i know is asking second homeowners to support Tahoe businesses. They should be supporting local businesses where they live. Noone I know gives a rats ass if they keep buying up second homes to support the local real estate market, we would prefer they not. And in general, the ones taking the shelter in place less seriously tend to think calling it the China Virus is cool and funny.

also, re the j-1 workers. what is happening with them anyway? this is typically when they go home. were they able to leave early? are they able to leave now?