Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 375
  1. #326
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    5,797
    $20 got you a lift ticket and an expanded WROD at Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe today. Plus considerably less crowds than last Friday (which was Nevada Day).

    KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3920.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	300541



    APPARENTLY THEY WERE HOLDING TRYOUTS FOR DISNEY ON SNOW. THIS GUY IS A SHOE-IN
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3901.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	300542

    LONG SKIS MAY TRUCK, BUT SHORT SKIS ROCK THE WROD...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3907.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	300543
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  2. #327
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,336
    Truckee ski swap tomorrow. Iíll be there with a few of my kids. Mainly looking for gear for my light gangly teen. wish me luck in the boot department! Also, used ice skates for me and the misses.... and a couple of nice to have stuff.

  3. #328
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    5,750
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Truckee ski swap tomorrow. Iíll be there with a few of my kids. Mainly looking for gear for my light gangly teen. wish me luck in the boot department! Also, used ice skates for me and the misses.... and a couple of nice to have stuff.
    Good luck, i kinda want to go but donít think I can summer the energy for that melee

  4. #329
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,095

    The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    Is that trail good? I mostly ride stuff in Reno
    Itís very 80ís mountain biking, if that makes sense. The other options from right there are so much better that I rarely ever ride it. But not a bad idea if itís a busy weekend.

    And Mike, I hear theyíre gonna do an alternate route for the top section of Big Chief... before someone has to get heli evacíd out of there.

  5. #330
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,289
    Lets get back to bootfitting. On the way to work last night I noticed an Olympic Bootworks at the intersection of ski run and Pioneer. Same Olympic Bootworks?

    edit-Just checked their FB and they have two locations now
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  6. #331
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    $20 got you a lift ticket and an expanded WROD at Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe today. Plus considerably less crowds than last Friday (which was Nevada Day).

    KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3920.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	300541



    APPARENTLY THEY WERE HOLDING TRYOUTS FOR DISNEY ON SNOW. THIS GUY IS A SHOE-IN
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3901.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	300542

    LONG SKIS MAY TRUCK, BUT SHORT SKIS ROCK THE WROD...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3907.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	300543
    No mullets??

    Rude.

  7. #332
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    5,750
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Itís very 80ís mountain biking.

    I hear theyíre gonna do an alternate route for the top section of Big Chief... before someone has to get heli evacíd out of there.
    Yes, good description of ML. Definitely pre-long travel, pike fork riding. Although, I would peg itís heyday at 2005

    Maybe because I was so worried about it, I didnít find the upper section so bad and that the land mines could easily be avoided and thought there were just as many or more opportunities for me to wreck my self on the ďlittleĒ section when my guard was down. The whole time I kept thinking someone is eventually gonna get a big evac bill on that trail. Not exactly a place you can limp out from.

  8. #333
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Truckee
    Posts
    678
    Spent another morning at Rose, and indeed they have expanded terrain. They added the higher narrow road that previously was their main early season run. More importantly, they added the lower section of Pondo, which technically is a blue square. You laugh but the Slopes app says my top speed today was 42 mph.

    Here's another bonus, after buying a $20 ticket last weekend, it was cheaper this weekend. Using the QR code on the back of the ticket, I reloaded for today for only $15. Since I did 21 runs, it brought my cost down to 72Ę a run. I can live with that.

    Just to make sure we kept this thread on track, we did stop by the Village Ski Loft so Vets could inquire about some boot work. I think Vets should ski closer to the camera.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0271.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	300653

  9. #334
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    9,142
    $15 is pretty fucking reasonable.

  10. #335
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Meiss Meadows
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    I think Vets should ski closer to the camera.
    You just need tighter trees.

    Name:  IMG_8276.JPG
Views: 768
Size:  200.6 KB

  11. #336
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Lets get back to bootfitting. On the way to work last night I noticed an Olympic Bootworks at the intersection of ski run and Pioneer. Same Olympic Bootworks?

    edit-Just checked their FB and they have two locations now
    Thanks for getting things back on track. Solid outfit, happy to hear of their expansion.

  12. #337
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SoTahoe
    Posts
    58
    I hear Rose is offering this for 20 bucks too.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3C8E1787-5A70-4124-92E5-B6AFC88D1AF9.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	666.0 KB 
ID:	301040

  13. #338
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It’s very 80’s mountain biking, if that makes sense. The other options from right there are so much better that I rarely ever ride it. But not a bad idea if it’s a busy weekend.

    And Mike, I hear they’re gonna do an alternate route for the top section of Big Chief... before someone has to get heli evac’d out of there.
    Really? This is kind of surprising. Sure, there are a couple challenging rock gardens and drops but none of it's "mandatory". You can easily walk down or around them. Would seem crazy to build a re-route just to skip out on a few features.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

  14. #339
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    1,548


    Seen in Raileys today, have not tried it yet

  15. #340
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,289
    what did TGR bring to the brewing process?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  16. #341
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    16
    Had it at Squaw, I thought it was pretty good beer but light Bavarian style is my favorite so YMMV. Very good can for letting people know how cool I am though.

  17. #342
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,336
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2108.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	301161

  18. #343
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,095
    Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Really? This is kind of surprising. Sure, there are a couple challenging rock gardens and drops but none of it's "mandatory". You can easily walk down or around them. Would seem crazy to build a re-route just to skip out on a few features.
    Just what I heard... from a reliable source. May not be a complete re-route and only carving in a few alternates, which seems more likely.

  19. #344
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    what did TGR bring to the brewing process?
    "steeze" points, course I guess that'd be more of a newschoolers collab.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

  20. #345
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,336
    I typically buy SN beer because a local grocer typically has it on sale, and I like the lagers that SN produces. The skiesta was no exception for me.

  21. #346
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Reno, eNVy
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Really? This is kind of surprising. Sure, there are a couple challenging rock gardens and drops but none of it's "mandatory". You can easily walk down or around them. Would seem crazy to build a re-route just to skip out on a few features.
    Yeah the trails not really that bad. But its also definitely NOT multi-directional and multi-use

  22. #347
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,289
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    "steeze" points, course I guess that'd be more of a newschoolers collab.
    i'm guessing Sierra Nevada also gets to sell Skiesta at all the tour stops too
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  23. #348
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    Yeah the trails not really that bad. But its also definitely NOT multi-directional and multi-use
    Yeah... and that's a good thing! Oh well, as long as they don't touch what's already there (some of the rock work is exceptional!), I'm happy with whatever they build as an alternate route. Was just surprised as I would hope efforts would be spent on building more trail somewhere else.

    Looking forward to trying out the "new" Stanford Rock route(s)!

    Oh...and tried the Sierra Skiesta beer at one of the TGR shows. Legitimately liked it, and not only because it was free. Definitely has a crisp, light taste. Good ski or mtn bike apres beer, especially if you have to drive somewhere afterwards.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

  24. #349
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,095
    Most of that great rock work is on the "lower" section. Really just talking about the top 1/5 from Mt Watson before the 06 fire road. But actually, yeah, some mellower alternates would be nice for climbing purposes since doing a loop where you go up OTB isn't going to be in most people's plans... although I quite enjoy that new loop as an option.

  25. #350
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    28
    Cmon snow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •