Page 111 of 165 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 4118
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I had an 87. Spare under the back end. Lowered on a chain with a crank. I liked the tail gate. Much more useful than a lift gate for hauling stuff, or putting on ski boots. I gave it to my son. We put 300K on it (and 3 head gaskets)
    Land cruisers still have a clamshell-style back with a tailgate, spare under the back.

I never had to do a gasket job on my 22re, but only hit 225k. Transmission rebuild, though.

Sick pics 666!

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Anybody care to share the current elevation in the basin or to the north of the skeeter hatch?
    Skeeters fierce in Euer Valley (6300), top of Painted Rock (7700), and near Packer Lake (6400) by the saddle north. It's on.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Sick pics 666!

Skeeters fierce in Euer Valley (6300), top of Painted Rock (7700), and near Packer Lake (6400) by the saddle north. It's on.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Sick pics 666!

Looks like we might get a decent freeze Sat night that could kill them skeeters for a few days until the next batch hatches.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    This is a silly conversation. The spare of my ‘88 4Runner was under the back end. There was not much difference between the 86-89. Mine was a 2 door. Sold it in 2008 to a stoked buyer.
    You're right, I guess it was mid 1989 and technically it was the 1990 4-runner. First one they called an SUV. I put 200k miles on that thing before I sold it in 2009 (we had just had a kid so my wife wanted something safer).

Changing gears...

I was bummed this week to discover the USFS had shut down Sally's on Prosser ... hope this was just a one time flex and they aren't going to start closing a bunch of the unsanctioned trails in the area.

Kirkwood today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Thinking about dragging my 8 year old up for his first patch session...

Any tips on where to take a little guy, main criteria being an easy approach and super mellow terrain?

As in “50 feet of snow so he can build a tiny kicker and can practice 180s”.

And ideally somewhere boring enough to not have other skier traffic...
    I’m pretty sure this is now a gearhead thread on the topic of mini vans.

I have not been around, so have no beta, but I would head up Sonora. Looking at Tahoe’s pic of KW, you need some elevation and if you want near roadside, Sonora Pass seems like a good bet.

There is that spot after the hairpin, before the summit, with low angle road side, by a tree, with a mini peak nearby. Maybe PM Vets or Dookey. Or Mike. They used to sunset ski that zone if I recall correctly. But it is a bit away the main zone o No Name or the Y, so gets less traffic and you could probably find a nice spot to build that kicker.

Or maybe Forestdale/Blue Lakes depending on if the road is open and snow level. Good luck. Sounds like fun

Thank you!

^^^^ highland lakes road off ebbetts pass. beautiful spot with mellow skiiing on folger and hiram peaks that should still have snow down to the road in spots. bring bathing suits to jump in the freezing lake after skiing. ive also see people bring an inflatable raft up there and ride it down the lakeside patch into the water. the idea was much better then the execution though.....hah!!

Skiing is pretty easy off Forestdale rd. Snow blocking road just before "the patch" skiing all over all types.

Man do I miss my Previa. Still driving an Astro tho so haven't wandered too far.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Anybuddy have current info about the snowpack on Lassen south side? (summer trailhead, bumpass pass)
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Anybuddy have current info about the snowpack on Lassen south side? (summer trailhead, bumpass pass)
    Same question on how 4th of July above Barker is holding up?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Just off blue Lakes road today. The watermelon snow seemed to get pooled more densely in spots after the rain/snow
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2307.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	331534

Name:	IMG_2301.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	331533

Name:	IMG_2280.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	331535

powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Man do I miss my Previa. Still driving an Astro tho so haven't wandered too far.
    Hey that Previa is mid engine and rwd, just like Lambos and Ferrari’s

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I had an 87. Spare under the back end. Lowered on a chain with a crank. I liked the tail gate. Much more useful than a lift gate for hauling stuff, or putting on ski boots. I gave it to my son. We put 300K on it (and 3 head gaskets)
    Love the old school spare tire mounting talk.

I will remind you guys that you can mount a spare on the roof of a Highlander hybrid but it’s not going to do me any good when the rear battery runs out and its stuck because the rear wheels are only powered by an electrical motor. Not a problem with an OG SUV with a real 4WD system that also had a low range that a Highlander can only dream of. But the Highlander hybrid get great fuel economy, has a CVT, rear entertainment and can take 7 people through the Starbucks drive through with enough cup holders for everyone. Try that in your OG 4Runner!

My 4Runner had 3 pedals. I also used to drive a late-ish 80’s 2-door Isuzu trooper. It also had 3 pedals and was about as slow as the 4Runner.

I was at loney meadow yesterday. The skeeters were present, but well past the alpine meadow hatch. Didn’t see any snow. Saw lots of flowers and birds.

My first Tahoe car was an 80's Trooper. Drove it til there wasn't enough compression to get it to move any more. Which didn't take much cause spare compression was not it's strong point.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    Love the old school spare tire mounting talk.

I will remind you guys that you can mount a spare on the roof of a Highlander hybrid but it’s not going to do me any good when the rear battery runs out and its stuck because the rear wheels are only powered by an electrical motor. Not a problem with an OG SUV with a real 4WD system that also had a low range that a Highlander can only dream of. But the Highlander hybrid get great fuel economy, has a CVT, rear entertainment and can take 7 people through the Starbucks drive through with enough cup holders for everyone. Try that in your OG 4Runner!
    7 people huh? Reminds me of my wife wanting a minivan so she could carry our two kids and their friends. I told her that's why we don't want a minivan. I won that one. Might be the last one I won.

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    My first Tahoe car was an 80's Trooper. Drove it til there wasn't enough compression to get it to move any more. Which didn't take much cause spare compression was not it's strong point.
    There’s a semi famous red trooper that graces the Sierra, but mostly lives in Berkeley.... well, at least the owner and previous owner are semi famous mountain people. bobz knows.

I learned to drive on my folks 2 door trooper.

Lassen has enough snow for skiing but not from the parking lot. Hiking up the trail was mostly the way to go. There was fresh snow and a fair amount of rockfall as it began to melt. We decided not to drain the devastated side to limit our exposure, especially considering the number of people all over. Thinking about Shasta from brewer creek for solstice. Anybuddy got current conditions info?

Jobs hot sister

Name:	IMG_5447.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	331859Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5480.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	331860Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5527.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	607.7 KB 
ID:	331861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5731.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	331862Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5732.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	331863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5733.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	331864

Name:	IMG_5734.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	331865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5735.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	331866
    And a final freel lap for the year on the way out

Name:	IMG_5685.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	331867
    Spring snowmelt oasis

Name:	IMG_5728.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	331868

^^^^^very jealous of this ^^^^^^

Truckee has officially "opened to tourists!"...

The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Lassen has enough snow for skiing but not from the parking lot. Hiking up the trail was mostly the way to go. There was fresh snow and a fair amount of rockfall as it began to melt. We decided not to drain the devastated side to limit our exposure, especially considering the number of people all over. Thinking about Shasta from brewer creek for solstice. Anybuddy got current conditions info?

Heading to Brewer at the moment, will report back tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    ^^^^^very jealous of this ^^^^^^

Truckee has officially "opened to tourists!"...

I have a bad feeling that this summer is going to be exceptionally crowded in the basin. The past few days have already felt like a weekend in July.
    No kick turns
    No mercy