Page 62 of 165 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 4118

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

What was the result of pic 4. Did that flush?

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    I think it won't matter come Sunday/Monday (hopefully).

Nice pics meter-man!
    Ill believe it when I see it this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    What was the result of pic 4. Did that flush?
    Surface sluff on the steeper bits, but no flushing. Very stable, cold pow. Me likey.

Looks like...feet of snow this weekend... Whattttt?????? Suhweeeet.
    sproing!

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Surface sluff on the steeper bits, but no flushing. Very stable, cold pow. Me likey.

Looks like...feet of snow this weekend... Whattttt?????? Suhweeeet.
    What's your preferred site for snow forecasting? Just moved out to the SF area two months ago and trying to get dialed in to who has the accurate forecasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    What's your preferred site for snow forecasting? Just moved out to the SF area two months ago and trying to get dialed in to who has the accurate forecasts.
    NWS. Also note the mountain top remote reports of wind and temp.

Anyone here planning on heading to kwood on Monday? My typical ski crew is all working, and it’d be nice to have at least one other person to at least ski with during the storm. Who’s stoked??

OpenSnow/Tahoe Daily Snow is always a solid go-to, I'm usually looking at the report there every day. Good compliment to tracking NWS.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    So it looks like it's going to snow for a few days, do you think it's better to wait till Monday or Tuesday to avoid the crowds?

So it looks like it's going to snow for a few days, do you think it's better to wait till Monday or Tuesday to avoid the crowds?
    It seems like there is a semi-decent chance that passes will close Saturday night for a decent amount of time, and that some of the larger/steeper resorts will have a fair amount of terrain closed Sunday for avy mitigation and high winds. That's just my speculation, but I'm planning on shooting for Monday after resorts/road crews have had time to catch up on the storm. Sunday might be good to hot lap low-angle trees in the backcountry.
    Last edited by HJ5; 03-12-2020 at 03:25 PM. Reason: adding some more detailed info

Everything is cancelled in SF so headed up to Squaw with the family Tuesday - Tuesday. Skipping the storm chaos this weekend but looks like an active pattern.

The weather guy on broadcast tv was warning of unusually heightened potential for avalanche activity.
    So not just crowds to avoid.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Everything is cancelled in SF so headed up to Squaw with the family Tuesday - Tuesday. Skipping the storm chaos this weekend but looks like an active pattern.
    #socialdistancing=nofriendsonapowderday

Woot!

From the placer co website ( linked from SVAM website no less)

Large Gatherings:
    Placer County Public Health now echoes the State’s recommendation that large gatherings that include 250 people or more should be canceled or postponed, and smaller gatherings held in venues that do not allow social distancing of six feet per person should be canceled or postponed. Gatherings of individuals who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 should be limited to no more than 10 people.

A “gathering” is any event or convening that brings together people in a single room or single space at the same time, such as an auditorium, stadium, arena, large conference room, meeting hall, cafeteria, or any other indoor or outdoor space.

Yeah, Alpine Meadows Lodge, on a powder weekend, is how many people stacked nuts to butts?

Anybuddy wants to ski together on Sunday, I'll be the guy coughing up a storm in the line at KT.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    The weather guy on broadcast tv was warning of unusually heightened potential for avalanche activity.
    So not just crowds to avoid.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    yeah and it also was just posted in a princeton study that the virus molecules could survive long enough aerosolized (3 hours) to bond to freezing water as a precursor to snow crystals.

CORONAPOWday bitchazz
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    awesome, cant wait for all the bay area kooks to travel up here to ski pow when a global pandemic is happening.

Kudos for those that got after the last storm and found the goods, couldn’t motivate to subject my old body to firm snow and have been mountain biking for a bit. Figured things had corned up on what is left of south facing and turned out the winds kept the corn window open all day, fun but bring on the powder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post

A “gathering” is any event or convening that brings together people in a single room or single space at the same time, such as an auditorium, stadium, arena, large conference room, meeting hall, cafeteria, or any other indoor or outdoor space.

Yeah, Alpine Meadows Lodge, on a powder weekend, is how many people stacked nuts to butts?
    NVM the lodge, I think this means Scott Chute is a large gathering

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    From the placer co website ( linked from SVAM website no less)

Large Gatherings:
    Placer County Public Health now echoes the State’s recommendation that large gatherings that include 250 people or more should be canceled or postponed, and smaller gatherings held in venues that do not allow social distancing of six feet per person should be canceled or postponed. Gatherings of individuals who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 should be limited to no more than 10 people.

I was thinking the same thing last Sunday at Alpine - felt like the perfect disease spreading scenario.

Hope y'all have skins. Wouldn't be surprised if the resorts shut down due to CV.

Also, friendly nudge that beeping inbounds when feet of cold pow fall on top of firm hardpack is not a bad idea. I rarely do, but this seems like a set-up for lots of avy activity.

Can't wait for some deep pow stoke!
    Last edited by meter-man; 03-13-2020 at 08:40 AM. Reason: clarity
    sproing!

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    awesome, cant wait for all the bay area kooks to travel up here to ski pow when a global pandemic is happening.
    Well if all y’all tahoe area looks quarantine yourselves, the. Nothing to worry about. If you are out skiing pow, you are also part of the crowd. And where was that first CA case? placer County was it? Where is that?

Our friends just cancelled for the weekend. So we have a place at Alpine all to our selves. Social distancing.

Gawd I’ve got fat fingers
    Last edited by Ottime; 03-13-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Aren’t you technically a Bay Area kook too? lol

Bay Area schools are closed. I bet Monday is like a holiday out there. Skiing is the only thing they can do. All other events are canceled.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    Bay Area schools are closed. I bet Monday is like a holiday out there. Skiing is the only thing they can do. All other events are canceled.
    How about they act responsibly and not travel?, crazy thought right?

I’m thinking about working all weekend and skiing Tuesday...

Just finished at Alpine. Skiing was decent early on with the same spring like conditions that been around for the past 10-12 days. Lots of chatter on the chairs about the “Storm of the season.”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A5D9663E-45D2-47BB-86BB-E08348BB1B99.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	541.2 KB 
ID:	320162
    Sherwood getting thinner by the day. Needs feet of snow.

Name:	6058479E-72C4-4927-A430-3D89217E6427.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	722.1 KB 
ID:	320165
    South face with more dirt than snow. Hopefully this storm delivers and breathes some life back into this side.

Name:	01EE7154-A877-4B13-8E7B-1C3828C23622.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	579.5 KB 
ID:	320167
    Clouds are rolling in fast and winds are building. Things are looking promising 🤞🤞🤞

How about they act responsibly and not travel?, crazy thought right?
    Service stations, don't even gotta go inside
    Full tank o' diesel means you don't even need to stop for fuel.
    Bring your PB&J, skip the lodges and bars
    Wear yo' muffler and gloves, I bet we'd come into contact with fewer people on a ski weekend than staying "home".

YMMV if ya need $20 chili, shotz at the bar with the boyz, and a massage and sauna sesh.