Page 160 of 165 FirstFirst ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4118
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmeister View Post
    No one is throwing Sheckter undern the bus, guy seems to hit it right most years.
    Sheckter helped me understand the Sierra systems.

And some old school website I can no longer find that a whole bunch of stars for every resort around the country. Used it to understand how the snow tends to fall around here.

Bankart repair; my contribution towards a good season.

Doc said 6 months till skiing, so here's to a big year and long spring season!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201021_194713.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	344360

^^^^I've got the same arm done two weeks ago today. My doc just said no falls for six months.

When that foam slings starts irritating your skin, throw a cloth napkin in there to line it, So much better.

been there done that

good luck boys

rehab is rough
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    There's a bold bet!
    And my cat is shedding like crazy. That means it's gonna be a dry one.
    I trust cats over humans any day of the week. And besides, I still have a couple more trail running races in November that I have a little more prep for. I can afford the trails staying snow-free for just a little longer, although I’m starting to get tired of wallowing through flour

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^^I've got the same arm done two weeks ago today. My doc just said no falls for six months.

When that foam slings starts irritating your skin, throw a cloth napkin in there to line it, So much better.
    Awesome tip, thanks. I remember you saying something about a repair yourself - hope you're healing well.

And thanks mikey!

ONE MORE TIME FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK:

EXTREME FIRE DANGER

I'm looking at the incoming wind and continued low humidity and dry fuels. We could still have explosive growth of any new starts in the Sierras. Colorado is dealing with a fire that is now bigger than the Camp fire and could potentially merge with Colorado's largest fire on record, burning just to the north. We know things are just as ready to pop off here.

Don't be stupid! Quit smoking!
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

EXTREME FIRE DANGER

I'm looking at the incoming wind and continued low humidity and dry fuels. We could still have explosive growth of any new starts in the Sierras. Colorado is dealing with a fire that is now bigger than the Camp fire and could potentially merge with Colorado's largest fire on record, burning just to the north. We know things are just as ready to pop off here.

Hard to believe it would be fire weather with a forecast high of 44 and a low of 11 when the fire danger is predicted Sun night and Monday, but it's 2020, so . . . .
    Drove over the hill to hike--temp on the west side of the crest was at least 10F warmer, maybe more, at the same elevation. Effect of the E wind.

It seems that people are much friendlier and more considerate on the trails during the week than on the weekend. Different people--those evil BA folks--on the weekend? Or do crowds make all of us a lot more ornery? I say the second.

EXTREME FIRE DANGER

I always thought/knew the carson range of granite would prevent a western slope fire from reaching here. I also always thought/knew a fire couldn't cross the massive granite wasteland of the continental divide in Colorado. It's time to rethink what we know, or reknow what we think, or something.

Also, every time someone says Sierras, a firefly ignites a sage bush in the Sierra.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It seems that people are much friendlier and more considerate on the trails during the week than on the weekend. Different people--those evil BA folks--on the weekend? Or do crowds make all of us a lot more ornery? I say the second.
    My opinion is people coming on the weekends mostly
    1. Are dealing with more stress because of all the weekend shit (traffic/lines, etc.).
    2. Have an entitled feeling because they're weekend warriors, and it's the weekend.
    3. Tend to be more likely to have kids, which adds greatly ot stress on vacation.
    4. Tend to be new to the vacation thing. Veterans learn midweek and shoulder seasons can be much better. For instance, Tahoe went dead this Monday but it's been one of the best weeks of the year. Simply awesome

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I always thought/knew the carson range of granite would prevent a western slope fire from reaching here. I also always thought/knew a fire couldn't cross the massive granite wasteland of the continental divide in Colorado. It's time to rethink what we know, or reknow what we think, or something.

Also, every time someone says Sierras, a firefly ignites a sage bush in the Sierra.
    A few years ago when there was a fire burning west of the crest we were getting small chunks of windblown wood on our deck at Donner Lake. Fortunately none of them were live embers, but it seems to becoming more and more clear that in these big fires the embers can be carried a long long way.
    I think it's ok to say "Sierras" if you're having more than one pale ale, although personally I can't stand the stuff.

fire weather is much more reliant on fuel moisture and RH than air temperature

cold, dry wind is certainly not as bad as hot dry wind but it’s bad
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

just got back from colorado and its crispy af there. hopefully they get that forecasted snow to get wet.
    ......and to pass on a fire prevention tip that i thought was common knowledge (apparently its not).......If your home is in fire danger, make sure to have some plywood and a ladder handy to cover up your gable vents to prevent embers from getting blown/sucked in. that is how many homes actually catch fire. even if you live in a stucco/cement board home with a comp or metal roof, your trusses/rafters are wood and the gable vents expose them

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    lulz. Both seem to be trending up

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    lulz. Both seem to be trending up
    what kills me right now. Tahoe Green opened with all their marketing (t-shirts, caps, neon sign in the store) saying 'High in the Sierras'. But they have the best flower. So torn.

^^^ i hope you pointed out their error

Smoke swag. Save the Sierra.

Ciara's Sierras
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

This is so random but anybody remember a few years back when that house in Squaw blew up with people inside?
    swing your fucking sword.

...it begins...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201025-095539_Chrome.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	344819

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    This is so random but anybody remember a few years back when that house in Squaw blew up with people inside?
    I member

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    2018?
    https://www.ktvn.com/story/37753653/...ter-home-fire1

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    ...it begins...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201025-095539_Chrome.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	344819

Yep... Guns from the backyard...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hey all, thought I'd post in here instead of Gear Swap since I'd rather not ship. Selling a pair of brand new 2021 Hawx Prime XTD 130s in 27/27.5. Haven't molded the liner/shell. I thought I could use the extra instep volume compared to the my current Ultra 130s so I went for a pair, turns out it's a little too much instep and heel space and I'd rather make my current shells work than try to fill space on the Primes. I'm in Reno but head up to North Tahoe/Truckee pretty regularly. Was thinking $625 (~20% off retail).