Page 116 of 165 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 4118
    FWIW last week driving/biking up the south facing side of pole creek and then bumping up and over to the north aspects in deep creek was pretty fun. We got two 500 ft laps including the little chute off of Billies peak.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Did a little 4x4 action out in the Silver Peak area yesterday.
    When I got up to the peak itself I was semi-skunked in that there were only a couple of slender side-hilly swatches.
    So I hiked around the peak and out towards Squaw, ending up skiing a small patch of snow on the peak that is due east of Granite Chief.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5987 copy.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	333228  
    Last edited by Blaster; 07-01-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    FWIW last week driving/biking up the south facing side of pole creek and then bumping up and over to the north aspects in deep creek was pretty fun. We got two 500 ft laps including the little chute of of Billies peak.
    Nice!
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

That's some serious dedication Dookey.

I had to give an official police statement yesterday after witnessing two mom Karens get into a fight at the beach in Incline Village. The social distancing does not seem to be going well! lol... this weekend is going to be a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    T .......

I had to give an official police statement yesterday after witnessing two mom Karens get into a fight at the beach in Incline Village....
    All those times I carelessly cursed people with the sly "may you live in interesting times" seems to have backfired horribly.

I had to give an official police statement yesterday after witnessing two mom Karens get into a fight at the beach in Incline Village. The social distancing does not seem to be going well! lol... this weekend is going to be a shit show.
    That does not surprise me at all. Incline has changed so much in the last few years. The attitude of entitlement is so pervasive now. When you drop 1 million$ plus on your second home, you got rights you know. I would be interested in the sordid details for a chuckle though, do tell!

Made a last minute Winco run to Reno this morning.
    Pro tip: virtually nobody out grocery getting at 5 am.
    Came back over Rose HWY.
    When I got to the Truckee airport at 7 am there was a line of trucks stretching from the airport to 267 of folks getting their boats inspected. Guessing the line may have eventually crossed 267 onto Shaeffer Mill Road as I saw more boat hauling vehicles pass by me as I continued into town.
    The Lake is gonna be busy this weekend, for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    When I got to the Truckee airport at 7 am there was a line of trucks stretching from the airport to 267 of folks getting their boats inspected. Guessing the line may have eventually crossed 267 onto Shaeffer Mill Road as I saw more boat hauling vehicles pass by me as I continued into town.
    The Lake is gonna be busy this weekend, for sure...
    Saw this on a Sac news station. Just gives you an idea how much we would all rather be out playing than working 40+ hours a week.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Anyone been around the Warren Lake trail lately? Just wondering if there's still a bunch of snow around there and along the ridge from Castle to Basin.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    Anyone been around the Warren Lake trail lately? Just wondering if there's still a bunch of snow around there and along the ridge from Castle to Basin.
    If it helps I went to Paradise Lake from Donner Summit. Snow wasn't an issue. Huge groups of undistanced, unmasked younger folks was ... one group was looking for snow with backcountry skis.

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    If it helps I went to Paradise Lake from Donner Summit. Snow wasn't an issue. Huge groups of undistanced, unmasked younger folks was ... one group was looking for snow with backcountry skis.
    OOC, what time of day did you go?
    And did you hike up the 4x4 road or drive up to the base of Castle Pass?
    Guessing the skiers were headed towards Basin Peak, which is a bummer as I was contemplating hitting that in the next few days as in years past there is rarely anyone hiking out that far, let alone going skiing up there in July.

Parked at the PCT trailhead and hiked through the culverts and the PCT. I seem to remember we started around 8:00. There were plenty of folks on the road but I don't know how far up they were driving. Some PCT hikers out there too, despite being asked/advised not to do it.

So there’s gonna be a zipper line on basin peak?!

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    Parked at the PCT trailhead and hiked through the culverts and the PCT. I seem to remember we started around 8:00. There were plenty of folks on the road but I don't know how far up they were driving. Some PCT hikers out there too, despite being asked/advised not to do it.
    Thanks.
    One more quez: what day were you up there?

After truckeelocal's discouraging report the other day in regards to the rampant non-mask wearing/non-social distancing gangs of yutes converging on the Castle Peak/Basin Peak area I opted to return to an area I was 97% sure would be devoid of such undesireables.
    Runnel rumpus and suncup slalom were the modes of the day, but the slope was empty and the snow was soft.
    Bonus: zero skeeters!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4711.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	333467

Maybe next year.
    Name:  3B65D717-47D0-4C1D-8FF3-8413815279DC.jpeg
Views: 947
Size:  420.2 KB

^^^^ It was like that in our 'hood last night. Or so it seemed, despite the statewide ban.

It’s not like there’s any fire danger...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Northstar opens up their bike park on Friday. Haven’t read any details. Interesting preview of what’s to come during Covid ski season?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Northstar opens up their bike park on Friday. Haven’t read any details. Interesting preview of what’s to come during Covid ski season?
    They're not running one of their main lifts (Vista), so I hope not.
    Otherwise: limited tickets and face coverings required, distance in lift lines, etc.

All good. Most gravity riders wear a full face helmet anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Otherwise: limited tickets and face coverings required, distance in lift lines, etc.

Cold Water brewery is going back to take out only starting wednesday.
    Washoe county is at a high for hospitalizations, Placer has doubled their hospitalizations in the last week. Hearing about cases and transmission within restaurants on the south shore.
    Starting to look like another shutdown may be imminent.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    So exactly like ski season where instead of running more lifts to spread people out, they ran at less than full capacity, choosing to close lifts and consolidate more people into big, crowded lift lines.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Darwin's alive and well in Truckee- 4th of July weekend edition---
    #1- A woman from (insert wealthy Eastbay community) posts to Facebook- "I'm standing in front of the Squeeze Inn and this town is PACKED. Don't these people know they're supposed to stay home?"

#2- A group of 6 guys show up to a VRBO next door to a friends house. Lots of bikes and beer. They have driven passed all the banners and signs in town stating "Burn ban in effect. No open flame wood or charcoal fires. Fires allowed in gas fired appliances only." Well, that makes sense so they proceed to pile firewood on top of the freestanding gas fire pit/table (5 gal. propane inside) and fire up the burners.
    Friend calls the owner who asks her to run over and demand they stop. Reply- I'm not dealing with 6 drunk idiots, you're taking their money- you deal with it. If the house catches fire I'll call the fire dept. Click. Ends sort of happily, though not for all...
    "if you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind..."

I guess one issue at Northstar is how crowded it gets on a normal day.

Bike park open in Telluride, just need to wear a mask queuing up for the lift, getting on and off. Gondola rules are masks, household members only. Its been loads of fun so far. Hell, I even bought a mountain bike...go figure.

Still skiing in Telluride on July 1st but its been extremely warm and melting quickly!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCNPUXxD..._web_copy_link

Toodles

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    I guess one issue at Northstar is how crowded it gets on a normal day.

Bike park open in Telluride, just need to wear a mask queuing up for the lift, getting on and off. Gondola rules are masks, household members only. Its been loads of fun so far. Hell, I even bought a mountain bike...go figure.

Still skiing in Telluride on July 1st but its been extremely warm and melting quickly!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCNPUXxD..._web_copy_link

Toodles
    Now that's some real patchskiing!