Page 108 of 165 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 4118
    Huh. Didn’t think that it could get much more expensive than $225,000 for an empty quarter acre lot. But I guess leave it to tech bros to price out literally everywhere now that they can live everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

[IMG]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1624.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	329813[/IMG]

From way back in that February corn cycle, first time skiing in the high Sierra. Had to hike up to 8,000 feet before we could ski, but it was pretty amazing anyways

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1624.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	248.0 KB 
ID:	329814

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Thanks all, Meter typically I do at least 3 runs in that zone, if especially good I would pop out a 4th, skied there a lot.

That’s a bummer Rod, Extremely interested in the area your at, sometime I can see my self spending a few weeks there spur of the moment when conditions and weather line up. You spending another year there?

Nice Gimpy, got a solo bike ride past the gates on Sonora before the pass opened, was a great way to cap my season for the most part, might get out for a random day here or there but I’ve pretty much transitioned in to bike season
    Coming back in August, then back to the pyrenees in December till April.

This is the program every year.

I want my kids in school in Tahoe sept thru Dec, France January thru April, then back in Tahoe.

We'll see.

And of course skiing there doesn't hurt.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Thanks all, Meter typically I do at least 3 runs in that zone, if especially good I would pop out a 4th, skied there a lot.

That’s a bummer Rod, Extremely interested in the area your at, sometime I can see my self spending a few weeks there spur of the moment when conditions and weather line up. You spending another year there?

Nice Gimpy, got a solo bike ride past the gates on Sonora before the pass opened, was a great way to cap my season for the most part, might get out for a random day here or there but I’ve pretty much transitioned in to bike season
    Nice skiing again. Was the second couloir the north one on leavitt?

Always wanted to ski it

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

That one looks like the one in Deadman's basin if I'm correct. Since he did ski Deadmans first.

Yes deadmans zone, 666 dubbed it “Gunsight“, seems appropriate. I like that area cause it has all aspects so you can ski all day, got all 3 of my favorite coolies back In there that day

Good skiing further south than sonora last weekend, too. Caught some windbuff above 12k - not too shabby for memorial day!

Sierra Avalanche Center is hiring an Executive Director. Awesome chance to lead an organization that many here rely on. https://www.sierraavalanchecenter.or...utive-director

Please share that listing or info with friends and acquaintances, whether they're in the industry or have non-profit experience. I'm happy to answer any preliminary questions about the position or connect them with the SAC board chair

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    For the dookeys and patch skiers among us.
    Attachment 329665
    Very minimal sun cups as well.
    I wanted to go but my truck got almost stuck on the WRL access last week. Is it better now?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Anyone been up to Barker Pass or got some info on the road? Gate open or scheduled opening date?
    Thanks
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

carson pass approach is getting a little rough. ended up dicking about in a boulder field of lower emigrant creek trying to get to melissa coray zone, then my shift binding broke. (first day touring on them, toe piece stopped holding pressure on the boot pins, gave up the ghost 4 miles out from the trailhead)

evac'd over the top of iron horse and down into kirkwood valley to grab a car from home and rescue the other one from the caples dam trailhead.

got caught by security at the village base, who was actually super nice but told us the "feds are out here every day looking". I said I'd tell them to bite me.

Name:  brokenboot.JPG
Views: 986
Size:  78.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Anyone been up to Barker Pass or got some info on the road? Gate open or scheduled opening date?
    Thanks
    Lower gate is scheduled to open 6/1, upper on 6/15. Lower gate should open on time, not sure how much more snow needs to melt out above the upper gate.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Snow starts blocking the road at pin location. Another probably 1/4 of a mile up there's probably a 1/3 mile dry section, then snow the rest of the way.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mokomahonah; 05-29-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Good old voile/tension strap to the rescue. Anyone got obs on the PCT at Donner Summit? I know the pass is clear of snow but not sure how much is still up near andesite. Looking to log some running miles

going north from the summit no snow on the S facing aspect. I'm sure there's snow once you crest the ridge. going south there looked to be some snow on the switchbacks going up the face but the face is mostly clear. Couldn't see beyond that. In the past with this amount of snow cover the PCT along the west side of Mt Judah has been clear. The Mt Judah loop trail will have a lot of snow. Last summer there was a race that covered the Mt Judah loop trail and there were guys shoveling out a path and steps along the north side of Judah to make it easier for the runners.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    going north from the summit no snow on the S facing aspect. I'm sure there's snow once you crest the ridge. going south there looked to be some snow on the switchbacks going up the face but the face is mostly clear. Couldn't see beyond that. In the past with this amount of snow cover the PCT along the west side of Mt Judah has been clear. The Mt Judah loop trail will have a lot of snow. Last summer there was a race that covered the Mt Judah loop trail and there were guys shoveling out a path and steps along the north side of Judah to make it easier for the runners.
    Thanks OG. Might just stay down low for a little longer to let it melt out a little more... have to get up at 4:30 to beat the outdoorsy types at galena creek

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    then my shift binding broke. (first day touring on them, toe piece stopped holding pressure on the boot pins, gave up the ghost 4 miles out from the trailhead
    So is the whole lever mechanism on the toe loose / dead-ish? Or just not enough tension on the toe wings that could potentially be adjusted? Only issue I've heard of (and experienced) with touring on Shifts are the brakes not staying up while in walk mode... which is super annoying and why I just use my setups with Tectons.

Any Forrestdale Divide info? How far does it go?

Was there last week and the sign still said closed to all motor vehicles. tons of water too
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

*In total, there will be about 535 new parking spaces in the corridor from Sand Harbor to Spooner Summit.*
    FKNL...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Was there last week and the sign still said closed to all motor vehicles. tons of water too
    Well, dang. Looking for a bandit camp. It's usually good back there for that. I'll look elsewhere. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    *In total, there will be about 535 new parking spaces in the corridor from Sand Harbor to Spooner Summit.*
    FKNL...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Is this a bad thing? I don't really spend much time over past IV, but last time I tried to setup a shuttle drop at the bottom of Chimney Beach we couldn't find parking, so I'm a fan of that part.

Yea you had to be aware of timing of the opening of sand Harbor in the morning last year if traveling past it, traffic would back up a long ways in both directions basically shutting down the highway until they started letting people in, ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Is this a bad thing? I don't really spend much time over past IV, but last time I tried to setup a shuttle drop at the bottom of Chimney Beach we couldn't find parking, so I'm a fan of that part.
    I wasn't saying it's bad, just providing the link for more info. I thought the article was a bit confusing too as far as whether these would be new additional spots, or just actual parking spots rather than all the roadside parking