GNAR-style game adapted for 8-year-old Birthday Party

My son turns 8 the last day of November. We've done a lot of the different birthday things including Kids' Discovery Museum, trampoline parks, parties at our house, and last year we even did the collectible Lego place.

This year I'm thinking I want to do it at the ski hill. My son, and nearly all his closest homies, are passholders at Mt. Rose.

I would like to add a GNAR-style game to the festivus. The winner gets passes to a jump park (to make it competitive and interesting).

I'm thinking BN's are out, but fart/burp claims on the lift are in. "Watch me, I'm gonna rip this," is in, "Best skier on the mountain is in," and some adapted Extra Credit points like asking a liftie on a date would get points. I would have a couple of parents available to keep accurate point sheets (since there is a legit prize involved).

I'm going to look into (race) bibs or T-shirts that celebrate the day, maybe that have GNAR sayings on the front and "I skied with Aiden on his birthday.

But now I look to your collective knowledge, cleverness, or 2nd-grade-humor to add to the point sheet. Points will be assigned to skiing runs but we'll wait to see what is open that day to finalize that.

No bad ideas. Well, of course there will be lots of bad ideas. But I don't want to stifle your creativity.

Ready, Set, Go

(I'm the best skier dad on this board)

Pro call out. Keep in mind that technically, instructors and ski patrollers are professional skiers.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

I dunno how accomplished these 8 year olds are, so forgive these ideas if they are too tame:

Have them rip the Flying Jenny on 1 (one) ski without falling. Or if that run is too easy, then pick another.

Pole thwacking on a mini-cornice

Ripping Flying Jenny switch top-to-bottom. Again, if that's too easy, pick another run.

Ride every lift.

Kiss the patrol dog.

Hug the grungiest liftie.

Who can make the most turns down a specific run.

Dunno if there are "safe" places to straightline, but if there are then who can hold a straighline the longest without chickening out/slowing down.

Ski a steep run in a pizza wedge the whole way with no turns.

Maybe toss in a scavenger hunt that requires collecting pine cones, the signature of a liftie from each lift running that day, a picture at every run sign, etc.

Who can ski the most different run (i.e. trying to ski every run on the hill).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Pro call out. Keep in mind that technically, instructors and ski patrollers are professional skiers.
    This is mandatory. Hopefully you can share some video.

I like what I’m seeing. My wife was thinking of some sort of scavenger hunt and using pine cones/autographs seems to work. I was going through the GNAR point sheet last night and reminded myself of point sheet deductions.

I also think Fart bag might work. Not so sure about fart bag tag.

I really dig dookey’s dog kiss suggestion.

Keep ‘em coming.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Dress your birthday boy as Suacerboy for the day....
    always forward but never straight

There needs to be something gnome related- modified for the PG audience I guess- maybe incorporate it into the scavenger hunt

Calls to mamas

Birthday cake in lift line

Ween song all day

Have fun!

This sounds like a blast. You’ll have to submit your rule sheet here.

Deduction for skiing with out smiling or laughing.

Clock top speeds using a navapp-equipped cell phone. On an empty run of course...

Have kids yell from chair to skiers below “you dropped your wallet”. Tally how many times people fall for it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll probably end up keeping the rule sheet a little shorter than I’d like. I don’t want to overwhelm the kids.

You for sure should do double points if they ski naked while calling their mothers and telling them about it.

GNAR-style game adapted for 8-year-old Birthday Party

I’ll give everyone else except my son double points. My son loses 5000 points. It’d be rad for a second. Then, losing his pass after we paid for ski team and moments for a bday gift? That’d be a bummer.

I'm not a parent, as will soon become obvious;

1. Ask a random person on the mountain if they have any weed - 250 points
    2. Take a swig of water from an emptied pint bottle of gin, and offer a hit to a liftie - 300 points.
    3. Yell "I've got a Code Brown here people!" in the lift line. - 200 points
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by CountryFunk View Post
    I'm not a parent, as will soon become obvious;

1. Ask a random person on the mountain if they have any weed - 250 points
    2. Take a swig of water from an emptied pint bottle of gin, and offer a hit to a liftie - 300 points.
    3. Yell "I've got a Code Brown here people!" in the lift line. - 200 points
    Again, video of this will be appreciated. As long as there’s no real booze you’re good (probably?). I’d steer clear of any nakedness though.

Calls to mom while ripping for sure.

Not sure the layout there, but if appropriate I think a (private) piss mid-gnar would be a big hit.

Definitely figure out how to provide an array of adjustable snowlerblades and increase points for anything done while rocking them.