Late oct 3 week hike

Looks like I’m going to have some time late October and looking for a trip to do, maybe a section hike or just a shorter through hike.

I’m located in Squamish but I’m obviously expecting to have to go pretty far south at that time of year. It will be the last three weeks in October.

Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bike pack could be an option too, but have a buddy that doesn’t bike in as a ‘maybe’ so far. If he drops out then bike options are a possibility.

Would you consider going as far south as Bellingham? How about something in Larrabee State Park?

Here's an interesting read too:

Cascade Effect
    Community lies at the heart of the trail scene in Bellingham, Washington

and another:

Whatcom County a mecca for mountain bikers

You might PM Mntgrl if you are interested in the greater Bellingham area.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

You are starting to push monsoon season, but Lost Coast Trail in California’s King Range is a good multi-day jaunt. Whole thing is 60 miles, in two sections.
    https://www.wonderlandguides.com/hik...st-coast-trail

Yosemite/Muir Trail?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Enchantments can be nice then, larches turning colors

I'm convinced that KQ leases her handle on here to some sort of Spambot. If people on here had not met her in real life, I would fully believe that there's no person behind the name at all. She posts far too much shit that is at very best tenuously tangentially related to the topic at hand. As if a bot is reading and responding to the thread.

The guy has three weeks to do an through/section hike, and the response involves a fucking state park in Bellingham? What?

"Would you be willing to go as far south as Bellingham?" From Squamish? With three weeks? Once again, what?

I refuse to believe a living, breathing human being who read the original post would have produced answers like that.

OP, go to Southern Utah, or maybe the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm convinced that KQ leases her handle on here to some sort of Spambot. If people on here had not met her in real life, I would fully believe that there's no person behind the name at all. She posts far too much shit that is at very best tenuously tangentially related to the topic at hand. As if a bot is reading and responding to the thread.

The guy has three weeks to do an through/section hike, and the response involves a fucking state park in Bellingham? What?

"Would you be willing to go as far south as Bellingham?" From Squamish? With three weeks? Once again, what?

I refuse to believe a living, breathing human being who read the original post would have produced answers like that.

OP, go to Southern Utah, or maybe the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. You're welcome.
    Wtf? He said go south she suggested something that’s only a few hours away? Like maybe a good stopping point enroute to something?

Late oct 3 week hike

Haha, yeah...I think I could push it and get to Bellingham. Maybe I’d need recommendations on a couple of motels for the night en route though. Can’t drive down there in a one-er.

I have been looking at the Arizona trail, although wouldn’t quite be able to do it all in three weeks, unless my pal bails and I can do it on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Yosemite/Muir Trail?
    I presumed it would be starting to get wintery by then, but I’ll look into it. Cheers.

I was just trying to get the ball rolling - get something out there so maybe he could reply back and say "no I was thinking more along the line of doing X" or "yeah that could be a possibility I hadn't considered" and then people could build on that helping him further refine his plans.

No one else was responding. In my world it's called acknowledging people and trying to help (see my signature for reference)
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

My pal has bailed, so this is turning into a solo bike pack.

Pretty set on the Arizona trail. Thinking I’ll fly into Phoenix and then shuttle up to the northern terminus (struggling to find a shuttle so advice welcome) and then riding south until I run out of time, which if my estimations are correct will put me within riding distance to Phoenix, negating the need for a second shuttle.

I have 20 days for the full trip (including flights shuttle etc) in-between work commitments. I guess that will give me 17 days on the trail approx.

If you’re set on flying into PHX let me know when you have your dates figured out. May be able to help you out with a shuttle from/to Phoenix. My work schedule in October is kind of fucked but it’s worth a shot. If I’m not working I’d be happy to help ya out.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    If you’re set on flying into PHX let me know when you have your dates figured out. May be able to help you out with a shuttle from/to Phoenix. My work schedule in October is kind of fucked but it’s worth a shot. If I’m not working I’d be happy to help ya out.
    That’s super nice to offer. Thanks. Might I be able to store a bike bag with you while I’m out on the trail? PHX apparently doesn’t have baggage storage.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Thanks!

I would bet 3 weeks you could do the full AZT, that is only ~36 miles per day. I don't know what weather is like in Oct in AZ, so that might slow things down.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    That’s super nice to offer. Thanks. Might I be able to store a bike bag with you while I’m out on the trail? PHX apparently doesn’t have baggage storage.

Happy to assist in any way I can. I’m located about 10 minutes from the airport. Can definitely store the bike bag for ya

Interesting

Very nice