Rugby World Cup 2019

Lots of cool story lines this year, much more wide open this year.

Pool A: Ireland #1 going in, and looking like they shouldn't have too much trouble in their pool, though this Scots team surprisingly able to sometimes play hot and Japan has improved immensely and has home field.

Pool B: All Blacks potentially vulnerable, things getting heated fast against the Saffers on day 2, but it's pretty obvious they'll both get out of this group.

Pool C: Don't see the Eagles beating anyone but maybe Tonga, unless France has an off day. Ingerlund will walk. Interesting to see if the Frenchies or Argies make it out of the pool.

Pool D: Wales looked soo good earlier this year, but form falling off badly after 6 Nations, opposite for Ozzie. They'll both make it to knockout easily though.

Bring it on.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Super pumped for this.
    I have a few buddies going over to watch and really hate them for it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Will it finally be televised somewhere? I think last time I used a VPN to tap into SKY or BBC over in England using my old University address in Ealing.

NBCSN is carrying some games. Looks like 7 AM Eastern time next weekend.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

I used my VPN (VPN Unlimited) and watched Japan v Russia on ITV.com.

Worked like a charm, and since it was streaming archive, could watch it when I wanted instead of live in the wee hours.

Game was better than I expected.

Really looking forward to tomorrow's NZ v SA and Fra v Arg.

DVR’d that game on NBCSN. Thanks for not including any spoilers Tri.
    Australia and Fiji are on now (Sat. Morning on the east coast). Some games are free w/Fios others are ridiculous $$$ with their gold package.
    Last edited by Obstruction; 09-21-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Looking forward to this years cup also. Going to be in the UK and Ireland first two weeks of October. Going to jump on the Kelly Green bandwagon this year and looking forward to watching a game between in a pub with proper fans, not a on computer by myself. Unfortunately won’t be there for Ireland v Scotland, should be a good match up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I was in N. Ireland in 2016 when they beat the All-Blacks...I was at Kiwi's Bar, good times!! Go Ireland!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Arghhh!
    Having issues getting itv to steam nz/sa thru vpn.

Keeps telling me video is not available so I'm thinking they might have blocked the pia vpn servers.

2 games on NBC tomorrow, England-Tonga and Ireland-Scotland

Thanks, recording now.

Fuck these games aren't live, I went to google an Ireland player and saw the final score. Careful if you want to avoid spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Arghhh!
    Having issues getting itv to steam nz/sa thru vpn.

Keeps telling me video is not available so I'm thinking they might have blocked the pia vpn servers.
    This might help. Definitely worth the price of the VPN since the cost to get it "legally" here in the US with NBC Sports Gold is ridiculous at $199. I have heard, however, that up to 10 different IP addresses can access the same NBC account, so if there's enough interest, maybe we can coordinate a "group buy".

If you're using a VPN to watch on the ITV website, remember to register with a UK postcode when you sign up to ITV.

NZ v SA was a great game, probably one of the better ones I can recall. It's so amazing watching high level teams play pretty much mistake-free rugby and go at it full tilt for 80 minutes. Fra-Arg was also super entertaining, really fun to watch. Great start to the tournament, even in the pool stages. Looking forward to checking out Irl-Sco later today, so long as my VPN holds up.

Japan-Ireland, excellent match, watch it if you can.
    Australia-Wales should also be a good 'un.

Heard you can watch this all on Roku. Haven't tried it out yet.
    On my way over the Euroland in a couple days, so hope to catch some live games at a bar or two.

Living in Sapporo now we went to Australia vx Fiji and England vs Tonga. Aussie vs Fiji was a great match, closer than the score indicated but in the last ten minutes Fiji seemed to bonk and Aussie had too much depth and speed.

Last night we watched Japan beat Ireland on tv. Super exciting from the home country to see that. Japan giant killers again. Women's volleyball world cup was in town too. Went to three matches. USA beat Dominican Republic easily. China--the class of this tournament--destroyed an overmatched Kenya team. Brazil beat Japan in a spirited match that was the best one we saw. Since then Japan on a hot streak beating world #1 Serbia and last night dominating Argentina.

Lots of great sports action in town this year while we are praying for more snow than we got last winter.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

God damn NBC!!
    Showed a replay of the Eng-Aus game instead of the NZ-IRE match.
    I'm having to steam it off YouTube in Japanese

Catching up on the weekend games, and gotta say that was the most French World Cup performance imaginable for France. They couldn't have been more French about it, even moreso than they did against Argie in the pools. Saturday's matches were kinda snoozers. I still haven't watched the Japan-SA match yet, but that's next on the docket.

Damn! England/Kiwis game was just incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Rugby World Cup 2019

Lots of discontinuity in the early match but the remainder of the final was a hard fought very good game. Kinda funny, watched it in a packed expat bar in Lyon full of Ingerlund fans with a smattering of green and gold.