Tecnica Zero G Tour Front Lug damage

So I noticed this damaged to the front lug after the my last day of the season, back in April, and definitely wasn't there in the morning. There wasn't any rock scrambling or kicking steps that day, was inbounds and mellow. Was ridding them on Marker Lord SP's that were adjusted just for this boot.

Are these things now fucked for reliably putting them into alpine bindings? Any thoughts on warrantying them?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2566.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	865.4 KB 
ID:	293823Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2568.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	831.4 KB 
ID:	293824Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2567.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	779.8 KB 
ID:	293822
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

I would definitely try to warranty. Also, don't ski Markers.

Angle parking did something like that ^^ but it was from running a chainsaw wearing his ski boots

he got warranty for some other reason so the chainsaw divots didn't seem to matter

buddy is really hard on equipment
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I would definitely try to warranty. Also, don't ski Markers.
    Didn't want to spend the $$$ on new non marker bindings that would properly fit rockered soles and these were dirt cheap. :/

Thanks for the initial feedback though!

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Didn't want to spend the $$$ on new non marker bindings that would properly fit rockered soles and these were dirt cheap. :/

Thanks for the initial feedback though!
    Wasn't being glib. I've seen Markers tear up heels plenty. Now I've seen them tear up toes.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Given the way the Royal family heels dig into Pebax on the sides of the heel lugs, I'd be curious how much the "keyed" interlock between the heel lug and the heel piece increases horizontal toe release values.

Edit: the 2019 ZeroG boots aren't Pebax, just making a point about Pebax touring shells.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 09-13-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Pebax= good flex/feel, lightweight, not very durable. Happens to all the brands who are using it, especially in a non traditional tech binding/alpine binding.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    Pebax= good flex/feel, lightweight, not very durable. Happens to all the brands who are using it, especially in a non traditional tech binding/alpine binding.
    That boot isn't made of Pebax.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    dis, they grillamid, ie fancy nylon

Technically pebax upper. But yeah, grilamid lower.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Technically pebax upper. But yeah, grilamid lower.
    Tecnica says "Polyester" for the cuff on the Scout, but probably it is a polyurethane-ester TPU, likely purchased from the German company Covestro (formerly Bayer Material Science). To be Pebax you need to buy the plastic from Arkema and they will call it out in the product literature because it costs more.

Pebax was used in a bunch of boots a few years ago, from Black Diamond, Dynafit and Scarpa but it's currently lost traction and seems to be mostly used in K2 family products like Mindbender cuffs and Full Tilt tongues.

I have the newest Zero G Tour Pros. I tried them in some Wardens MNCs last year for 3 days and got some damage like the OP, but not nearly as bad. So is that just what happens using a boot like this in any of the compatible alpine bindings? I almost only tour (with tech bindings), but had had been thinking about getting skis with Wardens to tool around the resort with my kids. But I'm kinda afraid of destroying them...

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    So is that just what happens using a boot like this in any of the compatible alpine bindings? I almost only tour (with tech bindings), but had had been thinking about getting skis with Wardens to tool around the resort with my kids. But I'm kinda afraid of destroying them...
    Comparing Grilamid crossover boots in alpine bindings (I used Warden 13's almost exclusively when not touring) is interesting - the Grilamid formulas are all different. None of them are anywhere near as dent and scratch resistant as an old fashioned PU or PU-Ether shell.

The first generation Zero G Guide Pro got beat badly in about 30 days, the Atomic Hawx Ultra 130 XTD held up well for the same period of time, the Lange XT 130 Free is in between. Trying to not use the new Zero G Tour Pros except with tech bindings if I can, but this year they will spend some time in Shifts. We'll see.

Greg fyi I used ZGTP approx 30 days in Shifts without noticeable wear

The first generation Zero G Guide Pro got beat badly in about 30 days.
    The first-year Triax version or the subsequent Grilamid Guide Pro?

Gotta wonder about the actual release and retention properties if everything was properly adjusted, toe wing width, height, forward pressure, etc and that still happened just skiing in them. If there was enough slop for that to happen, you're probably lucky it didn't Marker out on you at a very bad time..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    The first-year Triax version or the subsequent Grilamid Guide Pro?
    First year version, but a friend who got the Grilamid version had similar results. Toe and heel were pretty mangled, big divots formed above the toe lug where the binding (STH2 or Warden) arms hit.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Greg fyi I used ZGTP approx 30 days in Shifts without noticeable wear
    I also have the first version, used it with Pivots. Around 100 days now, still in pretty decent shape