Exclamation Run Of Hope 2019

Hello maggots!

It's the time of year for the 11th annual Run of Hope in Seattle.

Sunday, October 6th, 9am
    Seward Park, 5902 Lake Washington Boulevard S. Seattle, WA
    5k run or 3k walk (our family will be walking with a large group at 10:10am)

Run of Hope is a run/walk that benefits the Pediatric Brain Tumor Research Fund. The Research Fund goes directly to fund research at Seattle Children's/University of Washington to work on better treatments for children with brain cancer. You will not meet a better group of people who tirelessly work to help kids and families through the cancer journey.

Brain cancer is the deadliest form of childhood cancers. The kids that survive treatment deal with lifelong side effects from brain radiation, surgery, and the different chemotherapy drugs they must take to eliminate the cancer.

My son, Roarke was diagnosed in November 2017 with a Pure Germinoma tumor in the center of his brain. After a grueling 4 months of chemo and 6 weeks of proton radiation to his brain, the tumor was destroyed. We have MRIs every 3 months and so far every one has shown he has no evidence of disease. We hope and pray this continues. He is recovering well and gaining his strength back, but it's a long, slow road. Brain radiation causes fatigue in almost every patient as well as a multitude of other side effects.

This community was very generous last year and I'm hoping I can count on you again this year. I would love for locals to come walk/run with us! You will see the love and passion these doctors have to help save kids. We will have a tent with a Team Roarke banner and lots of coffee.

Signup for the run/walk ($35 entry fee goes directly to fund)
    https://www.firstgiving.com/event/se.../2019/register

Donate directly to Team Roarke:
    https://www.firstgiving.com/team/388327

Buy a T-shirt. My wife designed them (all proceeds go to Team Roarke) Order by 9/13!!
    Order form is here

I hope to see you there and I thank you guys and gals in advance for helping find better treatments for kids so they don't have to endure what Roarke did.

This kid thanks you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2443.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	707.4 KB 
ID:	293783

Stickied. Great event. I'll be there and say Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Stickied. Great event. I'll be there and say Hi
    Thank you!

That's one maggot. Who's next?

Last day to order your tshirt!

Order form is here

glad your son is doing better. Wishing you and your family many days in the mountains together.
    off your knees Louie

I'm thinking bout the 5k

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    I'm thinking bout the 5k
    Hell yeah! I hear the 5k is fun as you run through the woods on some fun trails.

I can fully support this. If you're in the Seattle area and enjoy organized runs, this is probably the coolest 5k around. It's a super good vibe. So, sign up, join Team Roarke, post a link to the fundraising page on the social media feed of your choice to raise more awareness and possibly some financial donations. You won't regret it.

I suck at running but.....

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your donations so far!

For those who have not donated yet, please know that this is the most direct way to help researchers find better treatments for kids. They need our help. Research does not get enough funding. 4% of funding is not enough.

For the next 5 days, a donor is matching funds, dollar for dollar, up to $50,000!!!! This is a huge boost for this charity. Please consider donating. Thank you.

Name:  stats.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  72.5 KB

One year ago today, Roarke spoke in front of 2,000 people at the 2018 Run of Hope and shared his story. It was a huge deal for a kid less than 6 months out of treatment to get up on stage and share his feelings with the world.

Please consider donating to the the team. Thank you.

One week until the run on Sunday! Would love to see locals there with us. If you can't make it, click the link below and throw a little money towards kids. Thanks!

https://www.firstgiving.com/team/388327

Done.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Done.
    Thank you! I really appreciate your giving.

Last day to donate for this year! Run is tomorrow. Hope to see a few maggots there. Thanks again for all the support!

Success!

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Thank you to all who donated and ran! Great to see you out there SirVic!

Our team raised over $20,000 to support brain tumor research. I really appreciate all the support. You can still donate up to the end of the year. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums