Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wireless surround speakers?

I'm trying to figure out if there's anything out there that would allow me to run my current wired Left/Center/Right/Sub speakers (powered by a Denon receiver) with a pair of wireless surround speakers, so that I don't have to run wires across the room. My family room doesn't have an easy way to conceal wires (floor is a concrete slab and ceiling is under the bedroom, so no crawlspaces or attics for running cables).

I've done some Googling, but all of the wireless surround speakers I'm seeing are meant to work with proprietary soundbars or 5.1 systems, not just as a standalone add-on to an existing system. Anyone found anything that might work for this?

FWIW I already own a set of Klipsch surround speakers (passive), so it would be perfect if there was some kind of wireless stereo amplifier that I could just plug into the sends from the back of the receiver, then have the amplifier on the other side of the room running to the speakers. But I haven't found anything out there.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    an easy way to conceal wires
    Cordmate.

I think I'd be concerned that any sort of add-on wireless setup could introduce a lag between the front and rear speakers....

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Cordmate.

I think I'd be concerned that any sort of add-on wireless setup could introduce a lag between the front and rear speakers....
    Yeah, the problem with Cordmate is that the only available wall to run the wires on has a floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace. No easy place to run wires across it, and a Cordmate would actually be more visible.

RE: lag time, most receivers can compensate for delay if you dig in their audio settings.

Found this on Amazon but the reviews seem a bit iffy - sounds like they're cheaply made and may create hum, buzz, or interference with wifi. Not ideal.

I use a Rocketfish wireless system to run rear speakers for this same kind of set up. been about 5 years of it running continually without a single problem.

FWIW I already own a set of Klipsch surround speakers (passive), so it would be perfect if there was some kind of wireless stereo amplifier that I could just plug into the sends from the back of the receiver, then have the amplifier on the other side of the room running to the speakers. But I haven't found anything out there.
    ~$80 from Amazon or Best Buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

it would be perfect if there was some kind of wireless stereo amplifier that I could just plug into the sends from the back of the receiver, then have the amplifier on the other side of the room running to the speakers.
    There are bluetooth thingies that do this; they're all over Amazon. Put the receiving end on a $25 Lepai amp and call it good.

However... if you put the transmitting bluetooth thingie on your Denon amp's line-level sends, the volume difference will be an issue. And there is bound to be time-lag.

If your streaming music just buy a few Chromecast audios. If your playing vinyl, run wires.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

RE: lag time, most receivers can compensate for delay if you dig in their audio settings.
    That's assuming the lag time is consistent, which it may or may not be.

I ran wires down the back of the TV mountain of stuff, drilled the floor behind it, ran them under the house through the crawl space, then back up. Could also run them up the ceiling then snake them down the wall to the sides and back of the room and out right behind the speaker.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    That's assuming the lag time is consistent, which it may or may not be.
    The rocketfish product I mentioned just sends rear channels as an FM signal to the rear amp... delay is minimal if any. It all checks out fine when I run the setup function on my receiver with microphone in listening spot.

Maybe there might be with bluetooth?

You say you have a Denon receiver but would like to stick with your existing speakers? That's fine. If you have a modern (at least mid-grade) Denon, it should be Heos compatible, in which case I believe you can just toss in one of these bad boys to power your rears:
    https://usa.denon.com/us/heos-amp
    Great product. Haven't done exactly that configuration, but I do believe it's quite possible according to this: https://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/an...p-for-heos-avr

^^^ I was just about to post "send a PM to AustinFromSA" but he beat me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Sonos AMP- feed your wired speakers off the amp, control Sonos wireless speakers with same amp.
    It also has an HDMI port to feed from your TV or receiver.

It works amazingly well. My house had wired speakers in the ceilings in most rooms. I run the Sonos amp hooked through an Ohm limiting 8 port switch. I haven't played around with the Sonos wireless speakers yet, but they are launching an outdoor portable that I will most definitely buy to compliment the outdoor wired Bose speakers I have by the pool. That will give me surround sound out there, but I can bring them inside when done, and I can bring them with me anywhere and use the additional bluetooth feature.

Here is the link to a similar impedance limiting switch-

https://www.amazon.com/Selector-Impe...Q16SP38ADB8PHG

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I use a Rocketfish wireless system to run rear speakers for this same kind of set up. been about 5 years of it running continually without a single problem.

~$80 from Amazon or Best Buy.
    This.

Rocketfish wireless.

Running flawless for 9 years.

FM to rear speakers for zero discernable lag between front and rear. And I've been an audiophile my whole life, played in bands for a good stint, made CDs of our stuff. Shit sound and latency are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me, and send my OCD into overdrive trying to correct it

Rocketfish wireless is totally good.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    This.

Rocketfish wireless.

Running flawless for 9 years.

FM to rear speakers for zero discernable lag between front and rear. And I've been an audiophile my whole life, played in bands for a good stint, made CDs of our stuff. Shit sound and latency are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me, and send my OCD into overdrive trying to correct it

Rocketfish wireless is totally good.
    I looked at the Rocketfish stuff but the reviews on Amazon are scaring me off, lots of talk of hum and interference with wifi and units just stopping working after a few months. Sounds like their QC is not so hot.

I looked at the Rocketfish stuff but the reviews on Amazon are scaring me off, lots of talk of hum and interference with wifi and units just stopping working after a few months. Sounds like their QC is not so hot.
    I must have gotten a good one then.

I have no noise and no interference either with or from wifi or Bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    I must have gotten a good one then.

I have no noise and no interference either with or from wifi or Bluetooth.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Same here.
    With those Brit dumbo ears, if he doesn’t hear anything, you probably won’t.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    With those Brit dumbo ears, if he doesn’t hear anything, you probably won’t.
    Thanks.

Wireless surround speakers?

Name:  IMG_2409.JPG
Views: 278
Size:  22.7 KB

But, then again, he’s really a Hannover, or is that Saxe-Coburg and Gotha?

he’s really a Hannover
    It's complicated there has been lots of re-branding and relaunches over the years.

And the Windsor family's new physical trait is chubby fingers

Kinda like Freedom Fries

Kinda like Freedom Fries
    Chubbier than that I'd assume.

Thinking more of the re-branding

For real- go check it out.

Not cheap, but works flawlessly. This was the business SONOS started in. The speakers came later, but now they are back to focussing on the higher end stuff.

This link has some of the answers that you need. Just scroll down- what he is asking isn't possible, but they cover what you are trying to do. It sounds like it is very easy and very possible. For the small price of about $800-900 depending which Sonos speaker you use as you surrounds.

Also, some of the comments mention having to use a "phantom" center setting, but the AMP documentation I researched said it can power up to 4 speakers in parallel, as long as they are at least 4 ohm or more, so right, left, center should be no problem. You should be able to get a 5.1 surround from that setup.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    For the small price of about $800-900 depending which Sonos speaker you use as you surrounds.
    It's like Bose for the 21st century