Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You kinda have to hear it. It is a hell of an amp.
    But yeah, I get it. Not for everybody.

Wireless surround speakers?

Rocketfish is your best option for surround sound.

Denon Heos is not for surround sound for your existing speakers. Its for whole house audio. They have a wireless surround sound system for their own speakers though, but you need their special reveiver too.

A good electrician might be able to fish wires through the inside of your ceiling without you even noticing for a few hundred dollars. Go get a quote - should be free to get one. Its probably the best option you could go with. And might even be cheaper after considering wifi tech and amplification.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    You kinda have to hear it. It is a hell of an amp.
    But yeah, I get it. Not for everybody.
    Whole house audio is not the same as surround sound.

Sonos is entirely the WRONG product for the OP. Sonos is great if you want whole house audio in stereo or mono. However not a single one of their products is a good solution for high quality surround sound.

Chromecast or a Chromecast built-in receiver is a better solution than Sonos if you want to integrate your surround sound system into a whole house audio solution. However it doesn’t solve the wireless rear channel problem for the OP.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 09-15-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Yeah, the problem with Cordmate is that the only available wall to run the wires on has a floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace. No easy place to run wires across it, and a Cordmate would actually be more visible.

RE: lag time, most receivers can compensate for delay if you dig in their audio settings.

Found this on Amazon but the reviews seem a bit iffy - sounds like they're cheaply made and may create hum, buzz, or interference with wifi. Not ideal.
    The Denon Amp will let you adjust for the lag room acoustics ect. Wired speakers are better. for many reasons.

Funny people can get AC power all over a room to power bluetooth speakers, but cannot be bothered with one pair copper wire.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Update: I ended up getting some flat speaker wire from Best Buy and fishing it under my carpet 17' across the room to behind the couch (which was annoying, but not as bad as I'd thought). I was able to run it right in front of the fireplace and under a recliner, so it shouldn't be stepped on much/at all (and it's flat wire rated for in-wall use so it should be able to handle some amount of stepping).

I liked the idea of wireless, but there doesn't seem to be a great solution. The Rocketfish product looks cool but it seems hit or miss whether you'll get a good one, and I don't love that you can't easily turn the amplifiers off so they just sit idly drawing power most of the time. Sonos isn't the right product for this application - you're locked into the Sonos ecosystem for playing content, when I just want a direct shot from my receiver to the surrounds.

(FWIW I do like Sonos - I have a few Play:1s around the house and they're great for easy background music. Planning to pick up a Sonos Port so that I can plug a turntable into the system and be able to play records and hear them all over. But I've already got a nice home theater setup and I'm not interested in turning that into a Sonos system.)

The important thing: man, I'd forgotten how awesome surround speakers are. We watched a movie last night and being immersed in the action was so cool after not having had them set up for several months.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Update: I ended up getting some flat speaker wire from Best Buy and fishing it under my carpet 17' across the room to behind the couch (which was annoying, but not as bad as I'd thought). I was able to run it right in front of the fireplace and under a recliner, so it shouldn't be stepped on much/at all (and it's flat wire rated for in-wall use so it should be able to handle some amount of stepping).
    Good call! Wired is definitely the best way to go whenever possible.

Glad you figured it out. I play directly from my receiver into the Sonos AMP though. There is a line in function in the app. Sounds like you did it the best way.